Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know (1703 Views)

Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / 15 Interesting Things To Know About Cars, Driving And Motoring In North Korea / Who Knew? 15 Interesting Facts You Never Knew About Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
1) Norway was ranked as the world's number 1 country in the 2014 prosperity index for wealth and well being

2) All prisoners in Norway have internet in their cells.

3) When you publish a book in Norway, the government will buy a 1000 copies and distribute them to libraries

4) There's a town in Norway called hell

5) Only 10 police officers have been killed in Norway since World War II

6) In 2008, Norway donated USD$1 billion to help save the amazon rainforest

7) Taxis are cheaper than personal cars in Norway. This is done to encourage the use of public transportation in the country

8.) Norway's public institutions are free for students from anywhere in the world

9) Norway’s Oil Fund is the first company to have USD$1 trillion in cash. It is owned by the Government and each Norwegian is entitled to $192,000

10) Sweden has run out of trash so it's importing garbages from Norway

11) The longest road tunnel in the world is Laerdal tunnel. It is 24.5km long and it takes on an average of 20 minutes to pass the tunnel

12) The world's sixth tallest and Europe's highest waterfall vinnufossen which is 860m in height is located in Norway

13) Norway's first aircraft hijacker was resolved after the hijacker surrendered his weapon in exchange for more beer

14) It takes 3 years of higher education to become a police officer in Norway. Graduates get a b.sc in police studies

15) Norway's bouvet island was discovered in 1739 then lost again for another 69 years

10 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Jumlek2411: 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
Waoooooh, this is awesome.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Freestainworld(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Norway my dream country
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Canih28: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hadampson:
1) Norway was ranked as the world's number 1 country in the 2014 prosperity index for wealth and well being

3) When you publish a book in Norway, the government will buy a 1000 copies and distribute them to libraries

7) Taxis are cheaper than personal cars in Norway. This is done to encourage the use of public transportation in the country

8.) Norway's public institutions are free for students from anywhere in the world

9) Norway’s Oil Fund is the first company to have USD$1 trillion in cash. It is owned by the Government and each Norwegian is entitled to $192,000

11) The longest road tunnel in the world is Laerdal tunnel. It is 24.5km long and it takes on an average of 20 minutes to pass the tunnel

12) The world's sixth tallest and Europe's highest waterfall vinnufossen which is 860m in height is located in Norway

13) Norway's first aircraft hijacker was resolved after the hijacker surrendered his weapon in exchange for more beer

14) It takes 3 years of higher education to become a police officer in Norway. Graduates get a b.sc in police studies

15) Norway's bouvet island was discovered in 1739 then lost again for another 69 years
Assuming Naija was like this! wink

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by MMWandali: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
shocked
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Canih28:

Assuming Naija was like this! wink

That would take a whole lot of years bro
Nigeria is not working right now. Some people are clamouring for independent nations, biafra and Oduduwa republic, SARS killing innocent youths and economic crisis. With these problems at hand, I don't think Nigeria can make it in 100 million years

2 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Canih28: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hadampson:

That would take a whole lot of years bro
Nigeria is not working right now. Some people are clamouring for independent nations, biafra and Oduduwa republic, SARS killing innocent youths and economic crisis. With these problems at hand, I don't think Nigeria can make it in 100 million years
Sadly, it's true. sad
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hadampson how far nw shey make we dey reason Norway too ni grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Amorprincesa24: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
Number 3 and 15. I have learnt something today. Thank you OP!
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by ImDStar: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
Good
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
ZIINI:

Boss mi, any way na way oh
Make person leave this country before SARS kill person.. I no fit carry my phone go outside because of them.. Nawa o
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Cousin9999: 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
They're racist, their food is tragic, their culture is a joke, their language is ugly, and they're not good looking or charming.

If you can overlook that, you can enjoy a socialized democracy and high union density. I say take what you can and move on.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by illicit(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Who Nigeria offend sef
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by cassidy1996(m): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
how do i get a visa to Norway?
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Vyzz: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Cousin9999:
They're racist, their food is tragic, their culture is a joke, their language is ugly, and they're not good looking or charming.

If you can overlook that, you can enjoy a socialized democracy and high union density. I say take what you can and move on.

They are actually good looking bro grin

They are vikings...

U see Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Ireland, Sweden and those countries that side...

They are heaven.... But the are racist though
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hadampson:

Boss mi, any way na way oh
Make person leave this country before SARS kill person.. I no fit carry my phone go outside because of them.. Nawa o
No be only you baba mii
Dem still kill one guy yesterday wey one do marriage that same yesterday kon dey carry hin car run dey go.
Na only my body dey this country my main spirit dey holland
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by mamaafrik(m): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hadampson:

op ,kindly add source of your info , please
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Nrmd: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
I hope when I die and I'm reincarnated, I'll find myself in Norway.

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Cousin9999: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
Vyzz:

They are actually good looking bro grin

They are vikings...

U see Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Ireland, Sweden and those countries that side...

They are heaven.... But the are racist though

They're albinos with no lips, and ratty, stringy, dry hair. They're either fat or frail looking with no butt, and the males don't have adult sized Instruments.

Vikings were gay and bleached their hair to be more attractive to men.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good to know, wow.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
ZIINI:

Lol.. Let's just focus on the dream country

Netherlands for you, Germany for me smiley cool
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
cassidy1996:
how do i get a visa to Norway?

Click here
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
ZIINI:

No be only you baba mii
Dem still kill one guy yesterday wey one do marriage that same yesterday kon dey carry hin car run dey go.
Na only my body dey this country my main spirit dey holland

Nawa for SARS

No be only you oh, if to say money dey I for don japa tey tey
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know by Hadampson(m): 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
mamaafrik:
op ,kindly add source of your info , please

Check facts that will blow your mind page on facebook and world publicist on twitter

(1) (Reply)

Moving To Enugu State / Nigerwives: I Think You Guyz On Here Could Do More / I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.