Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says (30841 Views)

Kaduna Man Organizes Kidnap Of His Mother, Gets N1m As Share From N30m Ransom / Finally My Dad Has Been Granted Bail After 8 Years Of Awaiting Trial. / Kidnapper Shot Dead In Edo After Abducting Victim (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Recounting his ordeal with SARS, the Nigerian, who does not want to be named for safety reason, said his friend and him were forcefully arrested, adding that the SARS officials threatened to kill him if he attempted to contact anyone for help.

A Nigerian youth has narrated his encounter with the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the police and how operatives demanded N1m bail to free him after an illegal arrest.

Recounting his ordeal with SARS, the Nigerian, who does not want to be named for safety reason, said his friend and him were forcefully arrested, adding that the SARS officials threatened to kill him if he attempted to contact anyone for help.

Describing the SARS officials as “real demons”, the youth said despite not finding anything incriminating on him, the officials demanded N1m before they would be released.

He said, “After checking our phones and finding nothing, they told my friend to get down from the car and get into their bus. He complied.

“In the car, they started to threaten me. Telling me how they will lock me up, chain me and no one would do anything about it.

“They told me that if I tried to call out for help again, they will shoot me and throw my body down and no one would find me. These guys are real demons.

“After driving for about one hour, they asked us to pay them N1m, which I asked why?”

He revealed that the SARS officials tortured and brutalised them while driving around the state.

He stated that he paid a sum of N100,000 to gain his freedom from the unjust arrest from the men.

“Seeing that we weren’t about to give them the money, they ended up bringing it down to N100,000, which they drove us to Zenith Bank along Osolo way, opposite SOS home where they made my guy get down from the bus to withdraw the money from the ATM.

“After they got the money, they let us go. Till now I still do not know my crime,” he said.

Nigerians have renewed the call for the scrapping of SARS following fresh extrajudicial killings of some youth.

Young People on social media also called for total rejection and reprisal attack against the unlawful activities of SARS operatives with the hashtag #WarOnSars.

Reacting to the outcry, the Nigeria Police Force has banned the Special Anti-Robbery Squad and other tactical squads from routine patrol as well as stop-and-search.

Inspector-General of Police, Adamu Mohammed, in a statement on Sunday, banned the unit from engaging in routine patrol at the federal, zonal and command levels.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/05/sars-demanded-n1m-bail-after-%E2%80%98abducting%E2%80%99-me-nigerian-says#:~:text=Recounting%20his%20ordeal%20with%20SARS,to%20contact%20anyone%20for%20help.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Brandstudio01: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Police is your friend.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Elvictor: 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
#waronsar

#Disintegrate Nigeria

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Bilabong(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
We don suffer for this country o...

3 Likes

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Madibah(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Police is your friend.

Friend indeed angry

18 Likes

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by AmazingELixir: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Chijeep(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
if our government thieves are indeed a good one then the issue of security would've made them end SARS since 1930
But they'll not because they're also profiting from their stealing and terrorism

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
No surprise, its something they can do...demanding for people's phone to check their private messages & chats, I mean what could be worse than abusing one's right to privacy

Section 37 of the 1999 Constitution provides that: “The privacy of citizens, their homes, correspondence, telephone conversations and telegraphic communications is hereby guaranteed and protected.” The entrenchment of this right in the Constitution is very important.

15 Likes

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by EllemGiggy: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
#1m?
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Which kind gun be that for the first pic

2 Likes

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by sylve11: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Media will not help. Those ones wey carry cults for head na this kind SARS oppression matter una suppose rise up. Nor be to kill another nigga and count scores. Face the same devil you all are afraid of. angry cool

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by juwoonn(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Land for sale!
Righteousness89 come and buy!

1 Like

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Kendumazy(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
OK
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
It is either now or never
lets declare #WARONSARS angry

3 Likes

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Slawormir: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad...

First it will be endsars

If it doesn't work we will change it to killsars

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Ademola47(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Another Sars-citizen brutalization story.

They should just ban those guys entirely rather than limiting their operation nomenclature.

Nowadays, arguing or claiming to be right when stopped by SARS is like commiting suicide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by odinga1of: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
SARS should be scrapped immediately

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Righteousness89(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Most of what these SARS guys do is Just a Preliminary taste of what the Foot soldiers of the antichrist will do legally on those who Miss the RAPTURE of the Saints!

Then you will not be able to buy or Sell without the Mark of the Beast...

Is that what you Desire for yourself?

If Yes! Then Feel Free to Live anyhow!
If No! Then you Need to as a Matter of Necessity Surrender to JESUS.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by sammysneh(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
SARS on d beat
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by PureGoldh(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
Haa....dx SARS matter don dey cross boundary ooh

1 Like

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by chuose2: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
SARS does not misbehave in the North, only in the South

This is a fulani planned intimidation of the South

We need to leave these Fulanis to themselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
It's possible. Those guys are capable of anything.

See the houses they have built and cars some also have ,you will marvel how monthly 40k would build a house and buy a flashy car.

Nigerians should wake up. If the govt refuses to ban them outrightly, save yourself instead.

Kindly Check my fiverr link . I need 1000 clicks and 3 orders to boost my act,thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by bewla(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
u try and them try

u fraud country
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by netflixoga: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
it's well with our soul! las las everybody go die leave all d wealth
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Gwagone: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ahhh
Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by Starzo: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ur crime was being young and being able to afford a car so they tag u yahoo boy undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by GistFullGround: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Police is your friend.

Police is your enemy

#policeisyourenemy

1 Like

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by dayleke: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
E Don be for dis country as e dey right now.

1 Like

Re: SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says by CheedyJ(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
Any uniform man in this country is a threat to the masses , e just be like say once they wear that uniform they see themselves as Superman.. thank God say I get better jazz, na touch and run mad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsman Rapes Housewife In Oyo For Four Days / Family Of 7, Pregnant Guest Die In Lagos / Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.