Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (120714 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
northbird:
@ Farmerakinloye. Thanks.

I just checked your channel. If there is any new video. Please kindly post.
I appreciate the love sir! Check my IG at least you will see some updates, and latest by weekend I will post how I apply fertilizer, quantity of fungicide and insecticide I use e.t.c. doing video no easy ooo grin

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
The video on how I apply fertilizer and stake is now available. Price of cucumber here is 5500-6500 at the moment. I mistakenly bought 20:10:10 thinking I bought 15:15:15 because
15:15:15 was written on The bag. I had to apply common sense to apply it if not cry Las Las I still loose few stand.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
The video on how I apply fertilizer and stake is now available. Price of cucumber here is 5500-6500 at the moment. I mistakenly bought 20:10:10 thinking I bought 15:15:15 because
15:15:15 was written on The bag. I had to apply common sense to apply it if not kiss, Las Las I still loose few stand.
Weldone Oga mi
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
15:15:15 was written on The bag. I had to apply common sense to apply it if not kiss, Las Las I still loose few stand.
will u be using Haifa bonus or u have used npk to replace it
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
will u be using Haifa bonus or u have used npk to replace it
am not a fan of foliar fertilizer. Have applied NPk once.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am not a fan of foiler fertilizer. Have a applied NPk once.
k tnx...using foliar for mine. Following closely. Mine are 8 days today, jorad

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
k tnx...using foliar for mine. Following closely. Mine are 8 days today, jorad
God bless your hustle bro, one nairalander just call me, and told me greengo is now available@12k. I know the price will still come down by next month. I know cucumber farmer will rush it and plant rain Fed..then maybe glut by June wink only God knows
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
Cc. Bfag some one just called me he said " he has greengo for 10k@1000seed"

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Boldtouch: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Nice thread Farmerakinloye6; if you don't mind, kindly avail me the contact of the Greengo F1 seller so that I can make an order as soon as possible. Regards
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Preparation for Another planting season start today, I will do just 3-3.5k tomato stand and 2.5-3k cucumber, Also preparing to plant maize and cassava in hectares by may. I booked 20 bags of hundred kg, moving it to farm on point. I have manager now so I'll be more detail than before. I will be posting the vedio to make it More detail,pls encourage my IG and YouTube channel!

Bro, well done for the videos. I know this is not a cassava thread,

Please,a quick one.

is the 20 bags manure for the maize n cassava?

If you plant cassava in May?

1.How many months do you think your cassava will be ready for harvest?

2. How do you get good planting cassava stems( hybrid, disease resistant stems)?

3. Can one plant cassava anytime of the year or there is a specific time?

From your experience, when is the best time to get value from cassava harvest using the cucumber/dry season approach.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:01am On Mar 31, 2021
Boldtouch:

Nice thread Farmerakinloye6; if you don't mind, kindly avail me the contact of the Greengo F1 seller so that I can make an order as soon as possible. Regards
let me patronize him first and know his character, I don't want to hear story that touch, hope you understand?

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:13am On Mar 31, 2021
northbird:

Bro, well done for the videos. I know this is not a cassava thread,

Please,a quick one.

is the 20 bags manure for the maize n cassava?

If you plant cassava in May?

1.How many months do you think your cassava will be ready for harvest?

2. How do you get good planting cassava stems( hybrid, disease resistant stems)?

3. Can one plant cassava anytime of the year or there is a specific time?

From your experience, when is the best time to get value from cassava harvest using the cucumber/dry season approach.
the 20 bags is for cucumber. It will be ready for harvest by next year march- may. 2. We have good varieties here, #500 per bundle not negotiable even if you are buying 10000 bundle. 3. You plant From March till first week of October. The best time to invest more is When there is glut because a lot of people will be discourage and jump out. Price of cassava is high now and many people are jumping in... anything can happen next year.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Boldtouch: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
let me patronize him first and know his character, I don't want to hear story that touch, hope you understand?
Alright then! Regards

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by northbird: 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
@ farmerakinloye.

Good work bro. Thanks for always sharing.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
I have four f2 Greengo stand I used to test if the manure is cure ( just to be on a safe side) When I want to do mass planting, my boy said "I should not root it out" so I live it. It exactly one month today, has thesame attribute with f1, grin out of four, only one produce female flowers the remaining three naso so so male cheesy flowers. Check my IG to view the four stand.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Beboy23(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
please I will be happy if you can share me the contact of the greengo Man
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
Beboy23:
please I will be happy if you can share me the contact of the greengo Man
Bros, let me patronize him first, anyhow e b, I will dm you on IG.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
This is the picture I took this morning, jorad is not doing bad too, my prayers now is the fruit to be green, I don't want market women to be hissing on my hard labour cheesy. I will upload video by next week, pls I need help, whenever I upload video on IG it will be okay but on YouTube the quality will just go bad. Pls how can i fix this?

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
This is the picture I took this morning, jorad is not doing bad too, my prayers now is the fruit to be green, I don't want market women to be hissing on my hard labour cheesy. I will upload video by next week, pls I need help, whenever I upload video on IG it will be okay but on YouTube the quality will just go bad. Pls how can i fix this?

Boss..... How do you train the cukes on the trellis?
Could you please make a video on YouTube?
I've subscribed tipetipe grin grin
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by tpben: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Please I need 2 inches drip filter, sir.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:49am On Apr 03, 2021
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

Boss..... How do you train the cukes on the trellis?
Could you please make a video on YouTube?
I've subscribed tipetipe grin grin
once you pin down the trellis, next thing is to roll the cuke to the rope. If you still don't understand put your WhatsApp digit on your signature I will send it to you.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
once you pin down the trellis, next thing is to roll the cuke to the rope. If you still don't understand put your WhatsApp digit on your signature I will send it to you.

Contact added.
I'll love to have the video.

Shalom.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by dorispray: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
tpben:

Kindly contact 07086268565
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
2" filter disc 13k.Contact: 07020271826
tpben:

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by uche393: 7:40am On Apr 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6
pls, which brand(s) of NPK 15-15-15 would you recommend for me?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by uche393: 7:42am On Apr 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:21am On Apr 04, 2021
uche393:
Farmerakinloye6

if you can get your hand on 15:15:15 it is okay.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
if you can get your hand on 15:15:15 it is okay.
how often do u use npk for ur cukes
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:11am On Apr 05, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
how often do u use npk for ur cukes
just twice
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 9:26am On Apr 05, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
just twice
Not enough sir!
Maybe 5-6 is applications of 5g per application (2.5g urea and 2.5gNPK) for first and maybe 2nd depending on the cultivar)
and (2.5g of NPK and 2.5g MOP) for the remaining applications, you could fertigate to ease stress. It works for peppers, tomatoes, and cucumber according to EWS recommendations...i won't lie, it's hard to follow this method sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:50am On Apr 06, 2021
Nice input ideepaul, but then, they are some factor we should also consider like land fertility and manure. For example I applied just once fertilizer to maize (ogbese Akure) in 2016 the result was five-six Cobs on each stand and when pluck and opened, it is empty, all because the land is fertile already adding fertilizer was like overdosing it.
The following year I went to other place to farm 9 hectares maize without applying fertilizer(Ore Ondo State) thinking the place is also fertile in my mind not knowing they have been using the place for more than 15 years, although I was advised by people farming in that area but I don't listen, it was after six weeks I discovered it was a huge mistake not applying fertilizer at two week old, so I rushed to apply 20:10:10 but it is already late. Where I supposed to see minimum of 306 flour bag, I see you just 13 flour bag. The purpose of my epistle is we should know when, quantity and how to apply manure, fertilizer, fungicide, insecticide e.t.c if any of this is wrongly use the result can really backfire!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
27 old today, I will introduce Cabrio duo in my next spraying. Also, I will prune and apply second fertilizer by weekend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (72) (Reply)

The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.