Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,191 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. (21384 Views)

Xavier Amaechi Joins Hamburg On Four Year Deal / Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) / Liverpool Battle Chelsea Over FC Porto’s Alex Telles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by vanida6: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
The left-back is the club's third signing of the summer and will provide competition for Luke Shaw

Manchester Unitedhave confirmed the signing of full-back Alex Telles on a four-year deal with the option for one in addition.
The 27-year-old underwent a medical at the club’s training ground on Monday after breakthrough in negotiations with Portoon Sunday.

Telles was ready to fly to Brazilfor international duty when the two sides came to an agreement on a fee

*United had been in talks with the Portuguese club over the full-back for a number of weeks but were apart on their valuation.

The Red Devils' initial bid was around €13.2 million (£12m/$15.6m) as the defender was in the final year of his contract but, there was an agreement reached on Sunday and it is understood United have paid €15m with an additional €2m in add ons. The club were first alerted to Telles' skills when he was playing for Galatasarayin 2014 and has been extensively watched by the club's scouting team over the last two years.

Telles’ arrival is to bring competition to Luke Shaw at left-back and should also bring a different dimension to United’s attack. The 27-year-old scored 13 goals and assisted 12 in 49 appearances across all competitions last season.

Upon joining the Red Devils, Telles said: "To join a club with the prestige of Manchester United is a huge honour.

"You have to work hard to get to this moment in your career and now I am coming to this club, I can promise that I will give everything in my heart to be a success here. I won many trophies at FC Porto and I want to continue that at United.
"The manager has a clear plan and direction for this team and I can’t wait to pull on the famous shirt.”

United boss Solskjaer added: “First and foremost I welcome Alex to United. He is a player we have been tracking for some time and his performances over the past few years are exactly what we are looking for.

“He is a fighter and a winner and will add real determination and competition to the squad. Alex has the qualities, both as a player and as a person, that we want here at Manchester United.”
The full-back is the club’s second signing of the summer following Donny van de Beek’s arrival in August, while Edinson Cavani is set to arrive to boost Solskjaer’s attacking line.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/man-utd-announce-alex-telles-signing-on-four-year-deal/1miii621axwhq10rl3o5hjcloi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by SmartProf(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
At least he will be happy he wasn't part of those who were beaten blue black by Spurs. He rather will feel like someone who has come to save them.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Eryyy92: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good signing. Remaining my star striker Edison Cavani

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Debstegab100(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
vanida6:
The left-back is the club's third signing of the summer and will provide competition for Luke Shaw

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/man-utd-announce-alex-telles-signing-on-four-year-deal/1miii621axwhq10rl3o5hjcloi

lalasticlala
mynd44

Alex is now a devil

2 Likes

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Temmylee01(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
I dunno what to comment
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by youngberry001(m): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
Man united is on fear of another humiliation,, its gud now dey re signing new players, dis is nice adition.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by bisoye11(m): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
Panic buy,hope it won't hurt us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by brosom(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
6-1 is not fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by frankmoney(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good move
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by NORSIYK(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
Couldn't attract Adama Traore so going for someone with a similar name.

6 Likes

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
MAN U problem is beyond full back or striker.

Anyway, none of my business. Waiting patiently when they will play Chelsea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by frankmoney(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
bisoye11:
Panic buy,hope it won't hurt us.
nahh that's not a panic buy , Telles has been on the radar for a while , the panic buy is Cavani

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by ckmayoca: 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
All na still trashing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Faithfulhope(f): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by wildikeman(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
Make him score the 6 goals we received from Tottenham Hotspur in the next match... Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by jerrybakermillz(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good

At least when dem meet Aston villa now only 3 to 4 goals dem go chop

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Tinyemeka(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
smiley
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by oluwatosink: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Where is Cavani. Bring in Cavani, Imagine selling lukaku just to buy Maguire and other low defenders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by ghostwriter0147: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Still not qualifying for even Europa this season grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by RaptObserver: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Finally United make good of their follow follow. Everytime, man utd monitoring one lagbaja in Marseille, before you know man utd making enquiries about one Joe in Milan. Na so dem do and window close...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by soliddust2020: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
smiley
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by afonjabreed(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
A very good signing .

Now the next thing is to get back to our winning ways and put the past in the past, at least it should be an easy transition with Cavani upfront

#GGMU
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Chelsea were linked to this dude like forever. Not until they learnt of the availability of Reguilon and particularly Chillwell.
He will score a lot of goals sha.

I meant own goals

7 Likes

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by point5: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Man U really 4uk me up yesterday..I am still in pain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Starzo: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
How the name adama traore Take look or sound similar with Alex telles??
U sure say u finish pry 6??
NORSIYK:
Couldn't attract Adama Traore so going for someone with a similar name.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by Doctee: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rubbish club
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by frankmoney(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
oluwatosink:
Where is Cavani. Bring in Cavani, Imagine selling lukaku jusy to buy Maguire and other low defenders.
Cavani is a done deal already , he has done medical and signed the contract

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by FullBlastLight: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice move!

...bt hope his presence at d back there wil make a significant diff, because d porosity of d defence is what brought abt d epochal ignominious defeat recorded lately!

Once beaten, twice shy!

#GGMU!

Go well, joor!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good one
Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by oluwatosink: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
If We can hijack Grealish from Aston Villa to, We need good attackers. We can't just depend on Penalties.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. by ProphetofOdin: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
Welcome telles

By the way:
If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.
This is not a fast money making scheme it takes a bit of consistency and patience by working smart with your smart phone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Ivory Coast Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2023 - (2 - 0) On 13th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.