Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

The Soyinkas And Others: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Soyinkas And Others: (660 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Soyinkas And Others: by ayox2003: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2011
The Soyinkas and others,

This piece is addressed to those whose parents where True beleivers. To those whose parents where Christians who made God the focus of their lives.

Why are we on this earth? Why are we here? The simple answer is that we are here to bring glory to God. God has ceated us for himself. Not for acheiveing goals, not for lustful pleasures, not for making impact on this world. He created man so that Man would serve and worship Him.

Why has most proffessors forgotten God? A. W Tozer said " the world has lost God in the wonders of the world". Everyday we see the hands of God on the things he created. He made the sun, night and day, the sky (without pillars), the waters, the creeping and flying animals. All these are enough evidence for a simple mind to beleive that there is a God.

Why dont you love God? The God who was your parents joy even when they were near to their graves. I heard Wole Soyinkas that father was a clergyman and he was the one who told all his children all they were going to become in life. Now that all his children are successful, they magnify education and social values than God whom was their fathers joy. Philosopher, proffessors, elites, why have you lost God in the wonders of the world?

Tai Solarin left this world without beleiving in God. Education, human right activities, self-life, and other things prevented him from tasting and seeing how good God is. He slipped on a staircase into the hands of death. I know there are some living nobles who still beleive there is no God. God loves you and He wants you share in His Glory.

In conclusion, Blaise Pascal, the great mathematician, chemist, physicist told his friends "I beleive in God and the after-life. If there there is God and after-life I will gain my life while you loose yours. If there is no God and after-life we will both lose our lives."

The fool has said in his heart, there is no God, Psalm 14v1, Psalm 53v1.
Re: The Soyinkas And Others: by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2011
Soyinka beleives in God(not of christianity!) he is still living a good life! Pascal was a mystic who strongly defended christianity, he was a prolific GAMBLER, who was bedevild wt various ailments, he was bedridden before he died at 36!

(1) (Reply)

Flash Mob! / Son Of God And Son Of Man / Saint Peter’s Epistle To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.