Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Taming His Desires 4 (romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taming His Desires 4 (romance) (360 Views)

Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) / TAMING HIS DESIRES 9 Cont’d (18+) / Taming His Desires 9 (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taming His Desires 4 (romance) by Pancakeey(f): 1:04am On Oct 08, 2020
ADEMIDUN’S POV

“I never used to believe in soulmates but you made me believe in it”

Song- Damages by Tems

The small puddles of rain water, waiting to drain, rested between the uneven bricks of the pavement. The streetlights that weren’t burned out projected dim yellow lights onto the empty side walk and the storefronts bell swung in the breeze, alerting the store keeper of the nonexistent customers. I could hear the thumping of my heart. Cars sat empty on both side of the road, collecting the little drizzle of the rain. I doubled my steps and walked towards my front door. Crouching in front of the “welcome” door mat, I collected the house key. I let myself in and the sweet scent of eucalyptus and lavender filled me accompanied with the cool breeze that blew the curtains. The only source of light in the sitting room seeped through the window. Reaching for the table lamp, I stopped to pull off my pumps. I immediately welcomed the feeling of the soft rug beneath my feet. The photo frame of my mother faced down. I picked it up and turned it to face the condo. I ran my hands over it; this was the only memory I had of her. It was always facing the condo not down— the spicy aroma of egusi hit my nose. In the darkness, what had felt safe and cozy now felt frightening. I tiptoed towards the kitchen door which was now left slightly ajar and I caught a shadow move in the kitchen. A rush of adrenaline burst filled me, not waiting any second, I picked up the racket close to me and barged into the kitchen, aiming for the intruder’s head.

“Jeez! Demidun, what’s with you? if you are going to kill me. Just say so. Oh my! I can’t believe you almost took my pretty head off.” Demilade placed her hand over her chest and bent to pick the racket.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I live here too remember?”

“I mean. Why was the light turned off.”
I asked. She pushed past me and turned on the tap. Shooting me a quizzical look, she tipped her head to a side and placed two plates on the table. “Are you going to stand there forever?” I hopped on the kitchen stool and crossed my legs.

“So what happened to your party?” Demilade rummaged the fridge and passed me a bottle of water with a granola bar.”

“Oh that? I decided to hang out with you. You know how things can be. You get?” I nodded my head as I drank my water. The cold liquid ran down my throat, restoring me back to a calm composure.

“Uh…huh. You don’t say.” I was fidgeting with the zipper of my purse when Demilade placed her hands over mine. She took the purse from my hands and helped me with the zipper. The corners of her lips turned upwards and she held the purse to me.

“So when is your next appointment at the hospital?”

“Tuesday.” She closed in on the space between us and held me tight. I could see through her. Her eyes held a mixture of worry and assurance. “Don’t worry, you’ll get through this, I know you are a fighter and fighters don’t give up.”
After a long minute of silence, she backed away and sniffed out loudly. I sat there feeling numb all over with my tongue tied. I had no comforting words to say to her. Breaking the thick air Demilade smiled.

“You know what? Actually the party flopped big time. I was just too embarrassed to tell you. Like? That was my moment to get laid. Who hosts a party without booze?” I crossed my arms over my stomach laughing.

“For real?”

“No kidding.” She replied.

There was nothing more she loved than making me smile. It didn’t take too long before we both threw our heads back and erupted with laughter.

I WORE a long-sleeved body con blouse with a pencil skirt to the hospital on Tuesday, feeling the need to get it over with and leave I pushed the main door open. The acrid smell of alcohol and spirit that came with the place made my insides turn. At the reception, a fair lady stood behind the counter with the phone pressed to her right ear, she talked animatedly with the person on the other end, throwing her hands up in the air. What was this place? A phone booth. I held up my right hand in her face, giving her a stern look. Her eyes fell on me and she placed her hand over the phone’s speaker. Her conversation must be very interesting. I thought.

“Excuse me miss? What can I do for you?

“Yes, thank you. I’ve been standing here for over 5 minutes now and my appointment was for 10a.m, and it’s already twenty minutes past ten” I looked at my watch and stared back at her.

Holding up my appointment card, she replied “We’re really sorry about that. So which of the doctors did you schedule an appointment with?” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. It was clearly stated on the card. As if she read my mind, she added.

“Oh doctor Wale. He’s in office 24” She plastered a smile on her face and returned the card to me.

“Thank you.” Straightening, I and walked towards the door that held the sign “Office 24”. I softly knocked and the deep voice behind the door ushered me to come in. He had on the thickest lens I’ve ever seen and his eyes were so small behind them. He drummed his fingers on his work table before retrieving the red pen he kept in his bushy hair. From the way he kept chewing his mouth I could tell he had a sweet or gum in his mouth.

“Hello, how are you doing?” he gestured for me to take a seat.

“I’m fine. Thank you” He read through my file, squinting his eyes.

“So Ademidun, have you been taking your meds? Because here it was stated that, you were due for a therapy last month but you didn’t take it.” His gaze made me shift uncomfortably in my chair.

“The therapy was optional besides my meds did most of it” He tapped his pen on his chin.

“Been having any symptoms lately?”

“Not really, they just come and go.”

“Tremors?”

“Yes.” He scribbled some prescriptions on the paper before him and stretched it to me.

“This should do, for now. But remember, you have to be consistent and try not to skip meals okay?”

“Yeah I know.”

“Okay Demidun, see you on your next appointment”

I stepped into the hallway filled with nurses wheeling and assisting patients.

For full story check https://thebookishyinka./

1 Share

Re: Taming His Desires 4 (romance) by Pancakeey(f): 1:07am On Oct 08, 2020
NO PART OF THIS BOOK OR WORK SHALL BE POSTED ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

ALL CHARACTERS AND PLACES ARE FICTIONAL.

FULL STORY IS PUBLISHED ON
https://thebookishyinka./

CREDIT: BOOKISH YINKA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amazries Stories / Article Writer Needed (CLOSED) / View And Rate My Literary Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.