Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Social Withdrawal. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Social Withdrawal. (702 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Withdrawal. by Nplnsolo(m): 2:42am On Mar 05, 2011
Ok, so I found this website while looking up an issue of personal relevance and I found myself fascinated by the opinions being offered on the topic, which had to do with jealousy within families. I learned A LOT about the topic, which was encouraging. I have had to contend with these issues in my family and among neighbors and others all of my life; the behaviours I am sometimes confronted with have pretty much always confounded me. I guess that is how life is, if we don't look carefully at something and try to get a good understanding of it, then we will keep running into it until we do. When I looked into the Bible, I saw it all laid out in front of me, that rather than a form of familial and social insanity, it is as people are and have always been and so, in consequence, is quite natural. And since it isn't going to go away anytime soon, and given the fact that I will simply have to accept it or remain reclusive, which is a fairly unhealthy way of handling life, then can anyone offer an idea on how to go about reintegrating myself into the community?  I have isolated myself for quite awhile. Alcohol never seems to be of much help and can actually cause more harm in the long run, so I avoid getting involved with it.

[Thanks out to Physics]
Re: Social Withdrawal. by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
My advice is to put down the books and try and reconnect with old friends or find new ones.

As for finding friends that you truly have things in common with, and whose company you enjoy, that's a harder one, but maybe going to places (conventions, events, concerts, etc.) that you enjoy and making conversation is one way to start.
Re: Social Withdrawal. by Orikinla(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2011
PhysicsMHD has given you a  very good advice.
Re: Social Withdrawal. by iice(f): 4:07am On Apr 01, 2011
Hmmm be comfortable in who you are. Find peace/acceptance of who you are, where you've gone, where you want to go. Let go of what you cannot control. . .then reintegrate yourself into society. Find good friends, throw out those who aren't. You need not keep what is not good for you just because someone says he should have 'friends'

(1) (Reply)

Are U A Model / Principles Of A Poor Man / I Need A Hug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.