Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov (1335 Views)

Which Of These Brands Of Coca-cola Did You Drink? Years. / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by Biodun556(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2020
https://punchng.com/i-can-go-20-years-more-till-i-get-justice-adebo-man-who-sued-fanta-sprite/

Dr Fijabi, had in 2007, bought about N12 million worth of Fanta and Sprite drinks from Coca Cola Ltd, and exported same to the United Kingdom.
*However, on reaching England, under Health and Safety regulations, the authorities tested the products and found them to contain "poisonous levels of Benzoic Acid* *and Sunset addictive" and therefore declared "unfit for human consumption".*
*The whole export consignment was consequently destroyed.*
*Dr Fijabi therefore, sued Coca Cola for Negligence, breach of duty of care to its customers, and loss of earnings.*
*Fine.*
*Now comes the interesting part - The Almighty Coca Cola offered only one defense in court :*
*That Mr Fijabi did not tell them he was going to Export the Fanta and Sprite to England;*
*That they were indeed manufactured "FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION* *ONLY."*
*What*
*For local consumption?*
*what Coca Cola Bottling Company is telling us, is that,If they knew the Fanta and Sprite were to be exported to England, they would not have added so much poisonous acid;*
*But for the people of Nigeria, it is normal to poison us.*

*That is the official courtroom statement of Coca Cola Bottling Company of Nigeria.*
*Yesterday, The Lagos High Court under Justice Adedayo Oyebanji, was 'crying' when She gave judgement against Coca Cola, declaring them callous and negligent.*
*She accused NAFDAC for not carrying out proper laboratory checks on 'minerals' production in Nigeria.*

_*"Cancer" was listed as one of the ailments that the present Fanta and sprite can cause, especially if taken with Vitamin C tablets.*_

Copied!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by FarahAideed: 8:25am On Oct 10, 2020
Sodas are the worst poison anyone can take on Earth ..Add bread to it's then you cut your lifespan into half

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by Biodun556(m): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2020
shocked
FarahAideed:
Sodas are the worst poison anyone can take on Earth ..Add bread to it's then you cut your lifespan into half

sad

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by psucc(m): 9:39am On Oct 10, 2020
And don't be surprised if NAFDAC defends Coca-Cola. That's the kind of regulatory agencies we have here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by Biodun556(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2020
shocked
Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by marylandcakes: 4:45am On Oct 11, 2020
FarahAideed:

You’re a 100% right. Nigerians are being poisoned by their everyday basic food. Bread is the main culprit. I have had to close down my bakery in Nigeria because I refuse to add chemicals to my ingredients which cause cancer as a result this affects the appearance. The inside of the bread looks more yellow than white because of the butter. Most Nigerians prefer the one that looks white and clear but this is the killer bread especially the popular agege bread. The white colour is as a result of a bleach compound which most bakers add to their dough. This compound also makes the dough rise a lot. Nafdac have decided to turn a blind eye to this as a result many Nigerians are dying from cancer everyday. Our government doesn’t care for its citizens. What a sham for a country.

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by Smokeyyhut: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hello guys, please help your girl to gain more awareness for my new food business... help a fam please.

Just help to like my picture on Instagram with the link below.

Thanks and much appreciation as you do. Help small business grow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGNj4vil5VK/?igshid=fz9w4tp750wl
Re: 12 Million Naira Worth Of Nigerian Made Coca Cola Destroyed By UK Gov by BennyDGreat: 6:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Na wa

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Golden Penny Spaghetti In Your Area / Hot Or Cold Tea? / 13 Health Benefit Of Walnut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.