Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,881 members, 7,821,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? (2266 Views)

Poll: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims?

Yes ..SURE!: 27% (3 votes)
Yes if its really exclusive and halal: 54% (6 votes)
Maybe: 9% (1 vote)
Never: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by maclatunji: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2011
I would if I have the time. It is a little bit tricky though. You need to do serious admin. work to screen-out jigolos ,perverts and ensure that people actually meet like-minded people.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 12:31am On Mar 08, 2011
maclatunji:

I would if I have the time. It is a little bit tricky though. You need to do serious admin. work to screen-out jigolos ,perverts and ensure that people actually meet like-minded people.
cool

mdsocks:

Yeah, for sure since there is 'halal' word there,

and who would not wana attend ? undecided

Considering the shrinking opportunities of meeting/finding a good muslima,

grin
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 12:34am On Mar 08, 2011
Araboy:

@OP In Islam males are not required to have a wali(guardian) unlike women I will attend the venue only if I can meet a progressive Open minded Muslim lady
yea i mean organizers stands in between for the sake of muslimas. cheesy
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by zeeleso(f): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2011
I will, if the date is convenient.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by deols(f): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2011
deols:

I think there's nothing wrong with having such an event.

Do u mean dat d organisers would stand as the walee or are actually the walee

diyobdw:

1. what do you think is wrong plz?

2. organisers will work with attendees walee but at the event they will be the walee for both male and females,

i asked that question because am not sure if people can act as walee(d islamic definition of it, i.e father, brother e.t.c) when they really are not.
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by diyobdw(f): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2011
@deols

I understand you. As far as i know your walee is your Guardian ("marriage guardian"wink
Walī (Arabicولي , plural Awliyā' أولياء), is an Arabic word meaning "custodian", "protector", "sponsor", or authority whom one who may be obey.
and not necessarily your folks. -
Moreso not many people feel confident to have their parent as their walee while the go "spouse hunting" these days,

Towards the event - the organizers would rather deal with the singles themselves (though open to personal walee's input) and  take on the role of their wali to moderate interaction for this purpose only.

ma sah Allah!
Re: Will You Attend An Exclusive Matchmaking Event For Muslims? by deols(f): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2011
diyobdw:

@deols

I understand you. As far as i know your walee is your Guardian ("marriage guardian"wink
Walī (Arabicولي , plural Awliyā' أولياء), is an Arabic word meaning "custodian", "protector", "sponsor", or authority whom one who may be obey.
Moreso not many people feel confident to have their parent as their walee while the go "spouse hunting" these days,

Towards the event - the organizers would rather deal with the singles themselves (though open to personal walee's input) and  take on the role of their wali to moderate interaction for this purpose only.

ma sah Allah!
diyobdw:

@deols

ma sah Allah!

this satisfies my curiosity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Illiteracy & Poverty Persist Among Moslems? / Happy Eidl Fitr / How Was Your Fasting Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.