Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

#EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta (23239 Views)

Nine EndSARS Protesters Arrested Three Years Ago Regains Freedom In Oyo / Police Violently Disperse #EndSARS Protesters At Force Headquarters In Abuja / I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Chiedu4Trump: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2020
Southerners when una go get sense?

When will the South wake up to the fact that we are different from the North?

Have you heard Fulani Herdsmen kill Farmers in sokoto?

Have you heard SARS misbehave in the North?

SARS is simply a ploy of southern intimidation while fulani invade Nija through the rail Buhari wants to build to Niger Republic

WAKE UP, Buhari plans to give Nigeria to the Fulanis from all over West Africa
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by showafrica(m): 6:53am On Oct 11, 2020
XVIDEOSMOD:

What stops the number one citizen from addressing the nation ?

I have noticed that too, Nnamdi Kanu has been making sth out of it. The thing is now taking a new look

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:53am On Oct 11, 2020
ybalogs:
It may be partially false but definitely not totally. There's no need to attach police officers while protesting. They may have to protect themselves with what they have if this persists. Let's just protest peacefully and move biko.

Did they attack anyone?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by ybalogs(m): 6:53am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

I'm not against the protest, but I'm against the sheer stupidity people are displaying out there... How can you invade a Police Station and expect a warm welcome?

I saw several videos of the purported protesters provoking security men with guns all in the name of protest... Haba, even the US, UK they're calling on won't allow this nuisance.

The struggle has apparently been overtaken by criminals.
You have spoken my mind. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by TheWalkingMind: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2020
ybalogs:
It may be partially false but definitely not totally. There's no need to attach police officers while protesting. They may have to protect themselves with what they have if this persists. Let's just protest peacefully and move biko.
Why is President Buhari not saying anything?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by marsman: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2020
lilmax:
Lol

Do you guys miss jonathan now? grin

Is he still a weak man? grin

IDIOTS
Nobody misses Jonathan, his time has gone.
And we are glad

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by TheWalkingMind: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2020
ybalogs:
You have spoken my mind. God bless you.
You're birds of the same feather.

On what percentage is their violence?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

I'm not against the protest, but I'm against the sheer stupidity people are displaying out there... How can you invade a Police Station and expect a warm welcome?

I saw several videos of the purported protesters provoking security men with guns all in the name of protest... Haba, even the US, UK they're calling on won't allow this nuisance.

Where did you get the idea that these ones invaded police station?

I hate lying complex.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Prophet777: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2020
Buhari is not a leader you can engaged in any intellectual or commonsensical discussions... pls note!
XVIDEOSMOD:

The world is taking note of his incompetency

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2020
TheWalkingMind:

Are you minding the shallow minds who can't put their brains to work?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Doyou2019: 6:56am On Oct 11, 2020
buygala:
I don't stand with #EndSars..I stand with #ReformSars particularly and #ReformtheNigerianPoliceForce..

As e dey go now, the #EndSars protests have been hijacked by Yahoo boys, prostitutes protecting their Yahoo Boy Customers, and even armed Robbers, kidnappers and murderers �

I detest SARS Officers for their high-handedness and abuse of power, but these SARS guys are a part of the Police force particularly dreaded by hardened criminals....this is because these criminals know these SARS guys are also hardened crooks themselves and are licensed to act swiftly and ruthlessly to curb crime�

You don't cut off your head just because your nose is ailing�
SARS as presently constitited have abandoned their primary assignment of apprehending armed robbers..after all SARS means "Special Anti-Robbery Squad...they have now taken or upon themselves to do EFCC's Job of apprehending Yahoo boys abi na suspected Yahoo boys, and have extended that to harassing citezens who make the mistake of appearing fresh, young and have the guts to have laptops and phones on them�

That nonsense must stop...but that does not mean SARS should be scrapped..They are an absolutely necesary evil�

In the whole mad hysteria which is the #endsars protest, Nigerians forget that there are more deadly police departments like the SACS (Special anti cultism Squad)
IGP X-Squad
Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad .

All these Squads are very joyless and are fully licensed to be as brutal, if not more brutal than the SARS Everyone is shouting about..
If the Police want to be mischievous, they will disband SARS and move all its officers to these other deadly squads for them to continue 'the Lord's Work"�

Shebi i have read of a case where Soldiers connived and kidnapped a young boy in Imo State, under the guise that he was being arrested on arrested on suspicion of being a Yahoo Boy..
After kidnapping the young boy and forcing him to pay more than 1million naira to them, they killed the boy, dumped his body in the bush, and made away with his Lexus Es350 car..This happened late last year abi na this year sef..
Because of that, why haven't we called for #EndNigerianArmy?�

I still remember how some officers of the same Nigerian Army killed many policemen while aiding the escape of a fugitive kidnapper in Taraba State..

We didn't call for #EndNigerianArmy because of that..

Point is..the fact of the existence of some Renegades in an organisation does not make that organization totally useless or worth discarding..

If the #EndSars protesters are truly serious, let us also end Nigerian Army because of their atrocities as well
Paid zombie spamming the site with this same hogwash. Give us a break dude.

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by ybalogs(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Did they attack anyone?
Yes,I've seen videos of youths chasing policemen in uniform and those that attacked their stations.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by OlujobaSamuel: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2020
For those out there protesting, always know that you have our support, for those sitting at home supporting online, we value too, to those not having online access but wishing us well, we appreciate you.
Victory isn't sweet when there is no Judas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:59am On Oct 11, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
Southerners when una go get sense?

When will the South wake up to the fact that we are different from the North?

Have you heard Fulani Herdsmen kill Farmers in sokoto?

Have you heard SARS misbehave in the North?

SARS is simply a ploy of southern intimidation while fulani invade Nija through the rail Buhari wants to build to Niger Republic

WAKE UP, Buhari plans to give Nigeria to the Fulanis from all over West Africa

Please stop this conspiracy theory.

SARS officers are mostly indigenes of the state they operate in, so this your theory holds no water.

The North have their own problems; banditry and terrorism. Unfortunately, you people believe they're happy with these bandits. In fact you stereotype every northerner to be a bandit or terrorist. You mock them with what saddens them.

The south too has their problems; herdsmen invasion, uniformed men abusing power. Should they also mock you with this saddening problems? Should they call every southerner a fraudster?

The North and south have completely different socio-political atmosphere so their problems are unique.

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by ybalogs(m): 6:59am On Oct 11, 2020
TheWalkingMind:

what percentage of police is unreasonable that we'd now label all policemen SARS? What is wrong is wrong and we won't get anywhere trying to justify wrong doings in the name of proving a point.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by MoxxxxO123(m): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2020
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we should stop all this useless protests. We should rather ask ourselves why SARS is after we southerners and not a single complaint from the north. It means there is something about the north that we need to learn sad
learn their sharia way?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by SEGLIZ: 7:00am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:
Calling their demigods to come to their rescue as usual. This is clear display of inferiority complex... I hate to see it undecided

what would make the son of a police officer hate his father's NOBLE JOB!?
if only you can give go reasoning or answer to this mind bugging question.
if might guess for you; he is likewise a criminal I guess!?
the UK and the US you mention are million light year ahead of our so call police. we have primitive and medieval age policing filled with bunch mediocre as leaders and pumpkin head officers.
you need hear people's testimonies here and there to realise how people are being jailed or languish in jail without investigation.
you are the innocent but because they culprit got to the station before you, you will be prosecuted. image you being there victim, you being the innocent got to the station and you are told they work based on the first complainant so you got no case. How would you feel?
they go as far as writing your statement for with the privilege of you reading by force you must sign what don't know the content. this is the standard everywhere in the nation, what would be your take on this?
even the UK and the US you mention would give a fair hearing to an hardened criminal.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by whizpa(m): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2020
buygala:
I don't stand with #EndSars..I stand with #ReformSars particularly and #ReformtheNigerianPoliceForce..

As e dey go now, the #EndSars protests have been hijacked by Yahoo boys, prostitutes protecting their Yahoo Boy Customers, and even armed Robbers, kidnappers and murderers �

I detest SARS Officers for their high-handedness and abuse of power, but these SARS guys are a part of the Police force particularly dreaded by hardened criminals....this is because these criminals know these SARS guys are also hardened crooks themselves and are licensed to act swiftly and ruthlessly to curb crime�

You don't cut off your head just because your nose is ailing�
SARS as presently constitited have abandoned their primary assignment of apprehending armed robbers..after all SARS means "Special Anti-Robbery Squad...they have now taken or upon themselves to do EFCC's Job of apprehending Yahoo boys abi na suspected Yahoo boys, and have extended that to harassing citezens who make the mistake of appearing fresh, young and have the guts to have laptops and phones on them�

That nonsense must stop...but that does not mean SARS should be scrapped..They are an absolutely necesary evil�

In the whole mad hysteria which is the #endsars protest, Nigerians forget that there are more deadly police departments like the SACS (Special anti cultism Squad)
IGP X-Squad
Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad .

All these Squads are very joyless and are fully licensed to be as brutal, if not more brutal than the SARS Everyone is shouting about..
If the Police want to be mischievous, they will disband SARS and move all its officers to these other deadly squads for them to continue 'the Lord's Work"�

Shebi i have read of a case where Soldiers connived and kidnapped a young boy in Imo State, under the guise that he was being arrested on arrested on suspicion of being a Yahoo Boy..
After kidnapping the young boy and forcing him to pay more than 1million naira to them, they killed the boy, dumped his body in the bush, and made away with his Lexus Es350 car..This happened late last year abi na this year sef..
Because of that, why haven't we called for #EndNigerianArmy?�

I still remember how some officers of the same Nigerian Army killed many policemen while aiding the escape of a fugitive kidnapper in Taraba State..

We didn't call for #EndNigerianArmy because of that..

Point is..the fact of the existence of some Renegades in an organisation does not make that organization totally useless or worth discarding..

If the #EndSars protesters are truly serious, let us also end Nigerian Army because of their atrocities as well

Trash!!

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2020
ybalogs:
Yes,I've seen videos of youths chasing policemen in uniform and those that attacked their stations.

This is bound to happen in every protest. Protests are emotional and not many people can control their emotions.

Shooting isn't the solution at all. Nigerian police should learn how to control crowds.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by n3xt(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

Excuses are the tools of the weak and the incompetent.

There’s never a smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2020
pwettiejay:
The leader of the #ENDSARS protest in Abeokuta Damilola Akinbayo aka Damiking has been arrested alongside Adeniyi Marcus and two other protesters.

All they did was exercise their rights.
They are currently being detained at Eleweran Police station.

#ENDSARS
#freeDamiking

my yoruba brothers while they are arresting and beating you

please ask your fathers why you no get rights in your own fathers land?

let them tell you why you are a slave in your so called country

please do your own research from 1967 to 2020

whatever you find out will like be your future?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by chiedonedoor(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2020
People should be allowed to voice out their angers.
1 Corinthians 6:9. KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Christ Jesus is coming soon
Repent to avoid HELL
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Karleb(m): 7:02am On Oct 11, 2020
When one goes down, 100 shall take their place.
Besides these people have lawyers in place and fund to support them.
Just hang in there.

#EndSARS

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Protein0: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2020
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by TheWalkingMind: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2020
ybalogs:
what percentage of police is unreasonable that we'd now label all policemen SARS? What is wrong is wrong and we won't get anywhere trying to justify wrong doings in the name of proving a point.
Who labelled all policemen as SARS?

Bro, you can't just be stating your opinions as facts on a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Fianze93(m): 7:06am On Oct 11, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

I'm neither for not against this EndSars campaign. But the emboldened is false.

Yes, there are people with bad motives in this EndSars campaign but the fact remains that Nigerian Police as a whole needs a big reform.

SARS officers know they can't try rubbish in the north without chaos emanating?

Imagine a SARS officer delaying a northern Muslim going for jumat, just to search his phone and he missed the prayers? Imagine what will happen if the news spread?

Imagine killing a Hajiya in Kano, just because she refused to be searched?

Violence
Violence

SARS knows it's only south who will tolerate their excesses too long, so they chose to act with brutality here, while acting ethically up north

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Chiedu4Trump: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Please stop this conspiracy theory.

SARS officers are mostly indigenes of the state they operate in, so this your theory holds no water.

The North have their own problems; banditry and terrorism. Unfortunately, you people believe they're happy with these bandits. In fact you stereotype every northerner to be a bandit or terrorist. You mock them with what saddens them.

The south too has their problems; herdsmen invasion, uniformed men abusing power. Should they also mock you with this saddening problems? Should they call every southerner a fraudster?

The North and south have completely different socio-political atmosphere so their problems are unique.

The South needs to leave the North

Nothing good comes from the North

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by remirez07(m): 7:08am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

there is no protest in the world that do not bring stupidity.. if the government is bringing stupidity to our face we should respond even worth. FG is bringing stupidity we should act stupidly too

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by harjay1986: 7:10am On Oct 11, 2020
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we should stop all this useless protests. We should rather ask ourselves why SARS is after we southerners and not a single complaint from the north. It means there is something about the north that we need to learn sad

You are right there is something about the NORTH which is VIOLENT and ONE way trafic of the people if you value your life as law enforcement try to point a gun to one of their KINs and you are a gunner even if you are right

In the North their leader back their own thug, and dem never born any man in uniform trying to collect bribe or settle me by the road side but this is a normal thing here in the south

Leader think we are too cool hear, and less violence thats why alot of thing happen in the south but not the same story in the north

alot my brother if we have to copy the north, this south will be down economically just like what is.happening in some northern state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:

The South needs to leave the North

Nothing good comes from the North

Nothing good? Well it's your opinion, you have the right to air it.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by KushLyon(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2020
modsfucker:

Who told you they invaded police station in Abeokuta? Werey in disguise, una no go know wetin happen you go just come online and open your mouth waaaaaahh

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Arrested In Abeokuta by Korinnesta: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2020
lilmax:
Lol

Do you guys miss jonathan now? grin

Is he still a weak man? grin

IDIOTS

Av u forgotten what Jonathan did to protesters at Ojota, Lagos state
Ask those who remember about what happened that day...

No government/political party in this country worth our backing jhoh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Grandma, Intercepts Skunk, Illicit Drugs, Loud / A Notorious Kidnapper Nnadi Daniel Arrested By Police In Enugu / Jonah Abbey, Kidnap Kingpin, Arrested By DSS After 10 Years On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.