Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos (1703 Views)

Colourful Pictures From The Anambra State New Yam Festival / Igbos Celebrate New Yam Festival In Ghana (Photos) / Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos by Abagworo(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2020
AGBOR CELEBRATES IWA – IGI
Agbor is a Land of Comfort – Yoruba Community

NICHOLAS EBEGBHONI

The Palace of His Royal Majesty, Dr. Benjamin Ikenchuku Keagborekuzi 1, Dein of Agbor Kingdom was full of activities as Agbor people in Ika South Local Government Area, Delta State celebrate Iwa – igi (New Yam festival) on Sunday October 4, 2020.
Speaking to newsmen, one of the Chiefs and former Provost College of Education, Agbor, Chief Dr. Emaanuel U. Tibi said, “The Agbor people are known for farming, and yam is the key farm produce we have. The Isorugi or Iwa – Igi festival is to appreciate God for the bountiful yam harvest of the season.”
Speaking also, another Palace Chief, a lecturer in Delta State University and a former Secretary to Ika South Local Government Council, Chief Kester Utebor said that Iwa – Igi is a symbolic cultural heritage of the Agbor people, adding that it is to celebrate the bounty yam harvest.
Congratulating the Dein of Agbor, Chief Utebor said, “That's my father. My father is a very ancient king. He is a warrior. He is blessed with wealth of ingenuity. Do Dein! Do Dein‼ Do Dein!‼ Nị ị tọ, nịẹnyi fe. I congratulate your Majesty on a successful Iwa – Igi celebration.”
Chief Utebor wished all Agbor indigenes well and appreciated all those who came to pay homage to the Dein of Agbor kingdom.
Speaking on behalf of the President General of Agbor Community Union (ACU), Mr. Larry Onyeche, the Deputy President General, Mr. Charles Ekpenisi pointed out that the dream of every Agbor man is to celebrate the Iwa – Igi festival, adding that Agbor people have never missed the celebration.
In describing the achievements of the Dein of Agbor, he said, “It is unquantifiable. Agbor has done so well under His Royal Majesty. Under his rulership, we have the likes of Jim Ovia, Godwin Emefiele, Prince Ebeano the M.D/C.E.D. Ebeano Nig. Ltd and a host of others too numerous to mention. I doubt if any other community in Delta State can boast of this feat.”
Congratulating the Dein on the success of the Iwa-Igi festival, the Yoruba community in Agbor described Agbor as a land of comfort, saying that they have as a result continued to multiply and prosper in the land. This assertion was made on behalf of the community, by the Asiwaju (Leader) of Yoruba tribe in Ika land, Mr. Adegoke Marufu and the Chairman of Yoruba tribe in Agbor, Mr. Ganiye Rafiu.
They noted that the people of Agbor treat them well and do not discriminate. They congratulated His Royal Majesty on the successful Iwa – Igi celebration and wished him many more years on the throne of his forefathers.
The President Arewa Progressive Union Agbor, Alhaji Dubrin Usman disclosed that since 1911 when their ancestors came to Agbor, there has never been any problem between the indigenes and the Hausa Community, adding that Agbor is a land of peace, as most of them were born in Agbor and have also given birth to their own children in Agbor. He prayed that the peaceful co – existence between the two Communities to continue.
Also, he thanked the Dein of Agbor for carrying everybody along despite their tribal difference. He congratulated His Royal Majesty and wished him long life and prosperity.
On his part, the President General of Abavo Community Union, Mr. Jonathan AgbeJaigwe described the relationship between Agbor and Abavo as very cordial. He said Agbor and Abavo are brothers, adding that the relationship would remain so because no one can come between two brothers. He congratulated Agbor people on a successful Iwa – Igi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIQd9o_jTo

Re: Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos by IkwerrePikin: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2020
Beautiful
Re: Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos by Holumhidey(m): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2020
na coward
Re: Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos by Abagworo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
More photos

Re: Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
why didn't they
Re: Agbor Delta State New Yam Festival In Video And Photos by davooomat(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Please guys help me subscribe to my channel

SUBSCRIPTION IS FREE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCj_PGEBAw_eDI_I06YzkWA?view_as=subscriber/?sub_confirmation=1

(1) (Reply)

Historical Background Of Egbe In Kogi State / Story Song Of Penda Yoro, Gimol Penda Yoro E Fulfulde / Mansa Musa: The First Coon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.