Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (38162 Views)

As a christian,I feel cheated whenever I come across this (picture) / How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. / I Always Have Weird Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by blacksta(m): 11:02am On Mar 16, 2011
Your emotions dont mean jack before God " Without faith it is impossible to please God " So if you like you can cry till kingdom come. grin
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by isalegan2: 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
Shut it! tongue

But you actually said something [size=4pt]smart [/size]for a change. Although, with the usual meanness.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by blacksta(m): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
isale_gan2:

Shut it! tongue

But you actually said something [size=4pt]smart [/size]for a change. Although, with the usual meanness.

Lol - I soft teddie -00000 - na just front
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by jookunlaja(m): 12:28am On Apr 26, 2013
Hello friend,crying or shedding hot tears while praying signifies more things than meet the eye.It may mean several things to several people.Firstly,your level of prayer and spiritual height could be one of the things you should look at.The more you advance spiritually,the more you become more pliable in the hands of God.
I see God using you powerfully in the area of intercessory and supplicatory prayers.
Crying is another sign that you are hitting the target in the place of prayer.
There are 10 levels of prayer,starting from praying with known words/language to praying in tongues and to praying by just groaning.The last one according Prof.Zach Fomum is praying but you are not uttering any words but your spirit is groaning before the maker of heaven and earth to move him to intervene in the affairs of men on the earth.The more you pray,the more you move into new grounds or height in the place of prayers and fellowship with God.You can get Zacarias Fomum books on prayers from Bible WEonderland or other xtian bookshops to learn more.tanx
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 26, 2013
fyncorp: Tears always flow from my eyes whenever I try praying or praising God.It is bothering me a lot.
I am not very religious and I am not a great sinner.Does it signify anything?

you're emotional. smiley
nothing wrong with that..i am too. grin

it's a beautiful thing. it makes you..human.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by asalimpo(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
You cud b emotional but i doubt since u said you are not given to such conducts outside prayer.
I think its d spirit man,the real you ,really coming forth and by passing ur mind/soulish thinkg to really nail d matter. Exspecially in d place of intercession.
Some emotional nutcases seek to connect emotionally and will work up a cry.
It's happened to me only twice and all wen i was prayng with others (my family). I tried to stop and get a grip on myself,for where.
The thing just poured forth my prayer seemed to get into overdrive then,i was prayng in tongues,then english.
The second time,i was praying for a sick person far away, prayng in tongues and english wen I erupted in tears,my, terribly embarrassed.
The difference ,i noticed between this weeping and normal weeping was,
the weeping cannot b controlled or handled , normal weeping can b somehow restrained or handled.

2.) it "feels" very pure . Normal weeping feels "dirty" compared to it.
3.) it feels like its coming from another entity aprt from you,even though,its you alright. Like your a calm headed spectator to the happening . I believe this because your spirit man is really coming forth unshackled by d barriers of a soulish mind and really expressing itself on a matter.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 17, 2014
jpworld:
I think ur main problem is poverty and frustration, as an old man, did ur children abandoned u to suffer? prayer cannot solve ur problem, u will just have to face the problem u created 4 urself, u had a bad foundation during ur young age.
hahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahahahahhaahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaahha. Da JESUS CHRIST. I just laughed my ass out. Chai guy u sabi yab o
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by veecovee: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2014
HISservant:
It could mean a lot of things, you would be in the best position more than another human being to determine. But if guessed, if you do so while praying, it could mean you are really a child of The Most High GOD, in which case, you are not alone! smiley

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:11

Though know this, The LORD GOD knows all things.  "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Timothy 2:19

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
" - Psalm 139:13-17

Crying during prayer is not a bad thing,  it often denotes sincerity, definitely love, truth (at least from my very humble perspective)
"And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. Jesus wept. Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!" - John 11:34-36. The Lord JESUS CHRIST is "mighty GOD" (Isaiah 9:6), The Almighty (Revelations 1:cool,  even when HE came to earth in the flesh, HE never ceases to have compassion and love.  Here HE raised Lazarus from the dead, a picture of how the LORD GOD calls HIS own to life & salvation in The Lord JESUS CHRIST, giving them eternal life through HIS mercy & atoning sacrifice.  Praise The LORD GOD!

Other examples of men/children of GOD weeping before the LORD GOD / Lord JESUS CHRIST in prayer -
2 Kings 20:5
"Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD." - king Hezekiah
Job 16:20
"My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God." - Job
Psalm 6:6
"I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears." - king David, the sweet psalmist of Israel, by the grace of GOD
Lamentations 2:11
"Mine eyes do fail with tears, my bowels are troubled, my liver is poured upon the earth, for the destruction of the daughter of my people; because the children and the sucklings swoon in the streets of the city." - prophet Jeremiah
"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him." - Mark 9:23-25  - father of the possessed boy
"And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment." - Luke 7:37-39  - the sinful woman

-------------
Matthew 5:4
"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."

Isaiah 25:8
"He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it."

Revelation 21:4
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
more blessings to you brother
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by DoraTheExplorer: 8:37am On Aug 11, 2016
Crying while praying could mean many things. In my opinion, it could mean that you are in the presence of the great and almighty Lord; God.
I was always told by my parents, that you should pray with your whole heart and truly believe, have faith and trust in the almighty Lord. This can donate to feeling rather emotional, whilst praying. Crying during your prayer is, in my best interest and opinion, a sign to show that the almighty Lord, the creator of this world, is truly listening to you; henceforth, also signifies that you are praying with your whole heart, soul, and mind.
Re: I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? by 123CarZ(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
U have the gift of Passon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor "Heals Mad Man" In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (photos) / The Lord's Chosen The Best Church In The World / Mad Man And Pastor Involved In Physical Combat During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.