Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You (1255 Views)

... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / How Do You Cope When Sacked? / My Employer Wants Me To Come To His Church Or Be Fired (advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by sexybills: 8:59am On Mar 07, 2011
as an employer how would you cope with some1 that is more qualified and experienced than you
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by AjanleKoko: 9:34am On Mar 07, 2011
As an employer?

I thought that was the whole idea. As an employer, you have the money, and you own the business. You're supposed to hire someone more qualified and experienced than you are.
Maybe you mean as a manager, if you have to work with people more qualified and experienced than you. Well, you have to focus on leadership and man-management, rather than trying to compete with your subordinates. Use your authority wisely, but ensure you use it in such a way that you won't be undermined. Never try to compete with a subordinate, it will always end bad.
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by thetelz(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2011
Yeah,of course you have to work with him. Doing the reverse can just cause a setback on your company
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by hasyak(m): 10:51am On Mar 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

As an employer?

I thought that was the whole idea. As an employer, you have the money, and you own the business. You're supposed to hire someone more qualified and experienced than you are.
Maybe you mean as a manager, if you have to work with people more qualified and experienced than you. Well, you have to focus on leadership and man-management, rather than trying to compete with your subordinates. Use your authority wisely, but ensure you use it in such a way that you won't be undermined. Never try to compete with a subordinate, it will always end bad.

in addition, as an entrepreneur your major focus is to manage your workers and finances, while using the best resources to achieve your major aim, so to have a well qualifies personnel should be a plus. let them know you appreciate their contribution and incentive for performance should be considered.
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by sexybills: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2011
thanks so much for quick responses, as a manager in an office, how would you cope with some1 more educationaly qualified than you
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by harakiri(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2011
^^^

You learn from that person and if possible, study more yourself so that you can get over that inferiority complex. . .Period!
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by SweetT1: 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2011
@OP

I would fire his over-qualified @ss!! Won't be 2 bosses around my joint.
Re: As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You by DisGuy: 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
sexybills:

thanks so much for quick responses, as a manager in an office, how would you cope with some1 more educationaly qualified than you

why was he employed? there's a reason you are the manager and not him, you have your roles and responsibilities and he was employed for something specific, educational qualification is just that

A good manager make use of resources available to him/her, make good use of your new staff with good education/skills and buy him a drink when he reach his target while you collect bonus in the boardroom cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Help! Pls Wat Course Can I Study In D University Relating To Music / How Redeem Broke Up My 9 Years Wedding / Health Educators,health Education Students And Graduates Lets Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.