Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit (420 Views)

How To Write A Business Plan For An Insurance Agency – Complete Steps / China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria / How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by mascot87(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello folks. Please I'll be brief about this. My mum was one of the client of an insurance company. ( I will protect them for now). However, she passed on some couple of months back. The family have now started processing her benefits from the insurance company since August and all the documents they were asked to provide have been provided. However, till now the insurance company have refused to pay. They keep promising that they would pay but that has not been the case. At the moment, they have stopped picking our calls and responding to our messages. I am planning to go to there office again at ikoyi tomorrow. What do you guys advice I do because I am very pissed now. Seems those guys are scammers after all. But I need advice before I make this people trend for the wrong reasons on Twitter
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by mascot87(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
I need suggestions please and it's urgent.
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by mascot87(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2020
Suggestions please
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by favinvest: 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
mascot87:
Hello folks. Please I'll be brief about this. My mum was one of the client of an insurance company. ( I will protect them for now). However, she passed on some couple of months back. The family have now started processing her benefits from the insurance company since August and all the documents they were asked to provide have been provided. However, till now the insurance company have refused to pay. They keep promising that they would pay but that has not been the case. At the moment, they have stopped picking our calls and responding to our messages. I am planning to go to there office again at ikoyi tomorrow. What do you guys advice I do because I am very pissed now. Seems those guys are scammers after all. But I need advice before I make this people trend for the wrong reasons on Twitter

why not name the company name.. plx
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by prestigiouslady: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hi.
Sorry about the demise of your mom.

I think I can be of help. But I need to ask a few questions?

1.When was the insurance policy bought?

2.Was her policy up to date before her death?
Life insurance policy is different from other type of insurance, you have to be up to date, i.e, if you got a year life insurance policy on Jan 1st, 2020, it will expire Dec 31st, 2020...not Jan 1st 2021.

Absence of prompt payment is the main reason why claims become an issue..

3. What was the course of death? If she died as a result of a pre existing medical condition like Diabetics, hypertension, cancer or any other terminal illness that she didn't disclose at the point of purchasing of the Life insurance policy, her claims after death might be denied.

If all terms and conditions were strictly adhered to on your end, then you have a right to involve the right body...You can send an email to NAICOM or go to their office.

A claim delayed is a claim denied.

You can ask any other questions for clarification..

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by mascot87(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
prestigiouslady:
Hi.
Sorry about the demise of your mom.

I think I can be of help. But I need to ask a few questions?

1.When was the insurance policy bought?

2.Was her policy up to date before her death?
Life insurance policy is different from other type of insurance, you have to be up to date, i.e, if you got a year life insurance policy on Jan 1st, 2020, it will expire Dec 31st, 2020...not Jan 1st 2021.

Absence of prompt payment is the main reason why claims become an issue..

3. What was the course of death? If she died as a result of a pre existing medical condition like Diabetics, hypertension, cancer or any other terminal illness that she didn't disclose at the point of purchasing of the Life insurance policy, her claims after death might be denied.

If all terms and conditions were strictly adhered to on your end, then you have a right to involve the right body...You can send an email to NAICOM or go to their office.

A claim delayed is a claim denied.

You can ask any other questions for clarification..

Annuity sir and all terms and conditions are strictly adhered to. They sent me the balance expect and also a list of documents to be provided which have been submitted and acknowledged about a month ago. All documents verified okay by them and they sent the claim form to fill which contains my account details. I have also submitted that for more than 3 weeks now. They told me I'll get the funds disbursed by Oct 2nd but they didn't. I have been calling them to ask why and they couldn't give me any reason for the delay. All they just tell me is that they will pay and no specific time is given. Now, they have stopped picking my call and also responding to my messages.
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by prestigiouslady: 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
mascot87:

Annuity sir and all terms and conditions are strictly adhered to. They sent me the balance expect and also a list of documents to be provided which have been submitted and acknowledged about a month ago. All documents verified okay by them and they sent the claim form to fill which contains my account details. I have also submitted that for more than 3 weeks now. They told me I'll get the funds disbursed by Oct 2nd but they didn't. I have been calling them to ask why and they couldn't give me any reason for the delay. All they just tell me is that they will pay and no specific time is given. Now, they have stopped picking my call and also responding to my messages.

I'm a Lady.. :-D

Annuity payout is usually huge, maybe that's why it's taking time(not making an excuse for them) but three weeks(after claims documents) is still on track though..

Most insurance companies pay up three to Five weeks after Discharge voucher(company's policies differs)

Please send them one final mail...if you can get the mail of the managing director, executive director, you can send, and copy them...
Let them know you're keeping records and you're not going to hesitate to go to higher bodies..
That should make them sit up

Sorry about the inconveniences.
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by mascot87(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
prestigiouslady:

I'm a Lady.. :-D

Annuity payout is usually huge, maybe that's why it's taking time(not making an excuse for them) but three weeks(after claims documents) is still on track though..

Most insurance companies pay up three to Five weeks after Discharge voucher(company's policies differs)

Please send them one final mail...if you can get the mail of the managing director, executive director, you can send, and copy them...
Let them know you're keeping records and you're not going to hesitate to go to higher bodies..
That should make them sit up

Sorry about the inconveniences.

Oh. Thank you very much. I will send them one final mail as you have suggested.
Re: How Can I Get An Insurance Company To Pay Benefit by prestigiouslady: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
mascot87:

Oh. Thank you very much. I will send them one final mail as you have suggested.

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Cement In Your Area? / Fast Tracking Post Incorporation Filing / I Have 2tvs For Quick Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.