Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:34 AM

China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria (8906 Views)

Folorunso Alakija Awarded 6 Offshore Oil Blocks By Sierra Leone Government / Exxonmobil, Shell, Chevron To Withdraw $3bn Suits Against NNPC / Youths Seal Oil Company In Rivers With Juju Over Negligence(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by BrandSpurNG: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2018
The Management of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has expressed readiness to invest additional $3billion in its existing stakes in offshore oil and gas operations in the Nigerian jurisdiction.

Leading a team of CNOOC top executives to the corporate headquarters of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Yuan Guangyu, Chief Executive Officer of the Beijing based corporation, described its investment in Nigeria as the most strategic and important overseas business undertaking.

He said CNOOC had invested over $14 billion in its Nigerian operations, even as he called on the management of the NNPC to seek common grounds of beneficial interest with CNOOC for enhanced productivity.

Yuan Guangyu said Nigeria remained the largest investment destination for CNOOC.

Responding, the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, who was represented by Dr. Victor Babatunde Adeniran, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Ventures Autonomous Business Unit of the corporation, thanked CNOOC for its interest in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.

He said the corporation was open to new investments and would foster meaningful and mutually beneficial relations with credible entities like CNOOC.

Founded in 1982, the China National Offshore Oil Corporation is one of the three big Chinese national oil entities. CNOOC is originally focused on offshore exploration and production, whereas the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) is slanted towards onshore upstream exploration and production. SINOPEC, the third of the tripod, is focused on refining and marketing.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/china-offshore-oil-company-to-invest-3bn-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by postbox: 7:03am On Jul 18, 2018
welcomed development

3 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by sparog(m): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2018
Good one
grin

2 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2018
Lol
I thought I'm still on the biggest scam page! Much talk less action!
Now I call this Chinocracy! grin
Government of the Chinese, by the Chinese and for the Chinese.
cheesy cheesy

Can someone tell Buhari I've not gotten my own cut of the cake angry

4 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by flyca: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2018
China should buy Nigeria up already.
They'll manage Nigeria better than our ancestor politicians smiley

5 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Good DEVELOPMENT.
We hope to see all these investments reflecting on the economy soon.
Good job FG.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Sharpshooota: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2018
Are these people aware that Buhari is still the president of this shithhole
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by flyca: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2018
My friend (Kene) got this job straight from China here and they've been undergoing trainings in Hebei Provence along with other graduating students from other countries.

Do you know the funny thing? They told them that they will be paid "according to the minimum wage in their home countries". Like WTF! angry

So the guys from Kaz for instance with the same degree and the same training will be earning 10dollars/per month. While the ones Nigeria (based on our 18k minimum wage) will get 10 times less angry

Well, the guy told me "at all at all, an em bad pass", so he has jejely packed his bag and heading home.

China has seen that our system is quite porus, we cannot help ourselves and they found a way to exploit Africans because of our evil leaders. See us shouting "good development" on this thread when they are massively ripping us off!

8 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Sharpshooota: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69481652:
Good DEVELOPMENT.
Good job FG.

Hmmm ..come to think of it.. .are you aware that southerners are not allowed to be minister of FCT... It's reserved for northerners being that Abuja is closer to the north..

But northerners has always produced more ministers of petroleum and NNPC boss... Even though the resources belongs to the South... Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by princechiemekam(m): 7:55am On Jul 18, 2018
How much them go steal?
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by blizzers(m): 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Invest or wanna make profit?
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Thebwoy: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
This money na straight to buharis pocket

Yusuf go buy new power bike b that.
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 7:56am On Jul 18, 2018
China is just colonizing Africa.......economically.

Trust dumbazz blacks to be oblivious to the obvious.

4 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 7:57am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69481652:
Good DEVELOPMENT.
Good job FG.
And thus I look from you to a soothsayer, then I see not much a difference. undecided
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 7:58am On Jul 18, 2018
Ok
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by gaetano: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2018
Ilekeh:
China is just colonizing Africa.......economically.

Trust dumbazz blacks to be oblivious to the obvious.

I still prefer theirs to that of Britain and French that came to Africa to only enslave and loot valuables undecided
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2018
blizzers:
Invest or wanna make profit?

Who invests money to make losses? undecided

1 Like

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2018
Good news for patriotic Nigerians.

Bad news for wailers/Igbos and PDP.

1 Like

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by ehinmowo: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2018
In 2014, I was at a seminar organized by patent and copyright regulating organization (cnt rmba d name). D resource person shiwed a slide where the World Bank listed some countries (3 or so) dt always plan and never achieved I nearly cried wen Nigeria was sighted

It has become habit to sign MoUs, write developmental documents, shake hands and smile b4 d camera.

ICHABOD...glory has depart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Sharpshooota: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2018
princechiemekam:
How much them go steal?

They have done the math...
You should be asking how much you are going to get out of this as a country. .. This should be your only concern

1 Like

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Sharpshooota: 8:04am On Jul 18, 2018
flyca:
My friend (Kene) got this job straight from China here and they've been undergoning trainings in Hebei Provence along with other graduating students from other countries.

Do you know the funny thing? They told them that they will be paid "according to the minimum wage in theit home countries". Like WTF! angry

So they guys from Kaz for instance with the same degree and the same training will be earning 10dollars/per month. While Nigeria (based on our 18k minimum wage) will get 10 times less angry

Well, they guy told me "at all at all, an em bad pass", so he has jejely packed his bag and heading home.

China has seen that our system is quite porus, we cannot help ourselves and they found a way to exploit Africans because of our evil leaders. See us shouting "good development" on this thread when they are massively ripping us off!

Most of them are zombies.....
What do they know
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Oceannaagent: 8:07am On Jul 18, 2018
I love investors

Are you an investor, but still looking for where to invest, check my profile
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Ilekeh(f): 8:07am On Jul 18, 2018
gaetano:

I still prefer theirs to that of Britain and French that came to Africa to only enslave and loot valuables undecided

Lol you seriously think this is not slavery?
On certain African countries, they're buying off indigines from their land sothey can grow crops to take back to Asia. While the same Africans starve.

Do you know how much Africa owes the Chinese government? It'll make you cry.

From one slavery to the 21st century slavery.

2 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2018
BrandSpurNG:
The Management of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has expressed readiness to invest additional $3billion in its existing stakes in offshore oil and gas operations in the Nigerian jurisdiction.

Leading a team of CNOOC top executives to the corporate headquarters of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Yuan Guangyu, Chief Executive Officer of the Beijing based corporation, described its investment in Nigeria as the most strategic and important overseas business undertaking.

He said CNOOC had invested over $14 billion in its Nigerian operations, even as he called on the management of the NNPC to seek common grounds of beneficial interest with CNOOC for enhanced productivity.

Yuan Guangyu said Nigeria remained the largest investment destination for CNOOC.

Responding, the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, who was represented by Dr. Victor Babatunde Adeniran, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Ventures Autonomous Business Unit of the corporation, thanked CNOOC for its interest in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.

He said the corporation was open to new investments and would foster meaningful and mutually beneficial relations with credible entities like CNOOC.

Founded in 1982, the China National Offshore Oil Corporation is one of the three big Chinese national oil entities. CNOOC is originally focused on offshore exploration and production, whereas the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) is slanted towards onshore upstream exploration and production. SINOPEC, the third of the tripod, is focused on refining and marketing.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/china-offshore-oil-company-to-invest-3bn-in-nigeria/

Election Gimmicks.
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2018
WE ARE STILL GOING AROUND THE SAME CIRCLE PUTING EMPHASIS ON CRUDE OIL EXPLORATION.

Why neglecting oil producing communities in the Niger delta regions.

Is it not time we start investing in Agriculture?

Is it not time we start investing in Solid Mineral sector.

The federal government under the NNPC wasted cash resources searching for oil in the northern states untill they were frustrated by boko haram and other exigencies.

We failed to make efficient use of the crude oil money that the western countries ( British, Dutch, American, Italian, French etc ) was contracted to drill for Nigeria for a period spanning over 40 years.

Now we want to go the way of China to come and drill our crude oil for us.

Chinese are not as honest as the western countries and we should be very careful the way we do business with them.

But my take here is that we should focus on Agriculture.

A well developed Agriculture system will create employment to a large segment of Nigerians than crude oil exploration that will feed the pockets of a greedy few politicians in high places.

2 Likes

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69481652:
Good DEVELOPMENT.
Good job FG.
all d previous investments haven't they reflected on d economy yet? what benefits should Nigerians expect from this $3b investment?
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2018
gaetano:

my brother don't get ur hopes high
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Buffalowings3(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2018
I'm hoping and praying that the oil dries up quickly.

Until that happens, Nigeria will remain backwaters.
Too much easy money

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2018
PassingShot:
Good news for patriotic Nigerians.

Bad news for wailers/Igbos and PDP.
how's it good news 4 patriotic Nigerians & bad news 4 PDP&IPOB?
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2018
wink2015:
WE ARE STILL GOING AROUND THE SAME CIRCLE PUTING EMPHASIS ON CRUDE OIL EXPLORATION.

Why neglecting oil producing communities in the Niger delta regions.

Is it not time we start investing in Agriculture?

Is it not time we start investing in Solid Mineral sector.

The federal government under the NNPC wasted cash resources searching for oil in the northern states untill they were frustrated by boko haram and other exigencies.

We failed to make efficient use of the crude oil money that the western countries ( British, Dutch, American, Italian, French etc ) was contracted to drill for Nigeria for a period spanning over 40 years.

Now we want to go the way of China to come and drill our crude oil for us.

Chinese are not as honest as the western countries and we should be very careful the way we do business with them.

But my take here is that we should focus emphasis on Agriculture.
agriculture, solid minerals, crude oil exploration...what's d difference. Its all extraction
Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2018
bigt2:
Lol
I thought I'm still on the biggest scam page! Much talk less action!
Now I call this Chinocracy! grin
Government of the Chinese, by the Chinese and for the Chinese.
cheesy cheesy

Can someone tell Buhari I've not gotten my own cut of the cake angry
lol, bros I so much hate these chinese coys...... sotey them go even carry their own welder, carpenter and even driver come from china when we have competent people in Nigeria that can do the same jobs, and nobody to even regulate them...... Local content policy= zero

1 Like

Re: China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria by cytell56: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2018
BrandSpurNG:

Private accounts is fatted through this too. I hail Naija

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banks’ Borrow N3.03trn From CBN, Up By 835% In 22 Days / Tug Boat And Oil Barge For Sale / 27,000mah Oraimo Powerbank For Dropshippers And Resellers !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.