Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? (21172 Views)

Original NYSC Jungle Boots For Sale / Amaka Asikaogu: Corper Found Dead In Abuja Hotel Days To End Of Service / NYSC Jungle Boot Available Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
I'm an Ex-corper who is going for an internship at a company. I would need safety boots on the field, so I want to know if it's safe to make use of my NYSC jungle boots.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by meobizy(f): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
SimplyFacts:
I'm an Ex-corper who is going for an internship at a company. I would need safety boots on the field, so I want to know if it's safe to make use of my NYSC jungle boots.
Don’t try this. Safety boots are miles tougher and protective than NYSC boots. NYSC boots are cheaply-made hiking boots which if used exhaustively will not last more than a few months.

Come to think of it, where do NYSC boots disappear to after service? I tried to keep mine for posterity; wicked relatives threw them away because they felt one year was more than enough use for them. With as many people who dump them, I hardly see landfills consisting of them or street boys rocking hand-me-downs.

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2020
This post had its way to FP angry
Well, the pair is routing sites/routes already,,, having dyed it black cheesy

meobizy:

Don’t try this. Safety boots are miles tougher and protective than NYSC boots. NYSC boots are cheaply-made hiking boots which if used exhaustively will not last more than a few months.

Come to think of it, where do NYSC boots disappear to after service? I tried to keep mine for posterity; wicked relatives threw them away because they felt one year was more than enough use for them. With as many people who dump them, I hardly see landfills consisting of them or street boys rocking hand-me-downs.
I will put the bolded into consideration. Meanwhile, I'm not even thinking of using only the boots for long, just for interchanging. I just don't want to see them waste away without use.

Thanks & God bless!

cletz991:
angry Na only Afonja de think like this :-/
Carson110:
It's either you like notice me or you are an Afonja man

If uno desist,,,,, one day,,,, tribalism go carry you go express road & leave you to your fate cool

11 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by meobizy(f): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2020
SimplyFacts:
I will put the bolded into consideration. Meanwhile, I'm not even thinking of using only the boots for long, just for interchanging. I just don't want to see them waste away without use.

Thanks & God bless!
So, what finally happened?
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by BruncleZuma: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Emeijeh, oya front and center; come and answer this otondo make we go drink palm wine for Akpaka.

NYSC boot is not a substitute for a safety boot nor should you wear it wherever there may be sharp protruding scraps, nails, pointed wood, farm or any place with protruding sharp objects are produced.

The sole is made up of cheap plastic and the body of canvas...

Verdict, do like every other corper and drop it with your parents where it'll become a museum piece and gather dust and roach eggs.

10 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by FreshDesign5(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
P

1 Like

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Cryomancer: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
That rubbish is only usable on the farm or if you are interested in doing bricklaying work after service. During my days in NYSC, i left the trash with them after my 3 weeks in camp.

My only advise for you about NYSC is that if "If you want to be great in life, don't slim-fit your NYSC khaki"

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by roldet804(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Sha I don't know slot abt nysc boots

Tonyspecial help me knock the guy below me
He has nothing to say

3 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by confirmedniggae: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
U can still wear it when u get job na

12 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by setobaba: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yes at the museum

2 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by roldet804(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Keep the boots
It might be an artifact in a mesum in the next 300years

Anyway

Third space booked in one post by one person is not a crime

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by XXLMANDIGO: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yes very useful, especially for Bricklaying and other menial jobs.

Remember NYSC means Now Your Suffering Continue. grin

10 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by EwuGambia: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Shey you dey whine me ni?..... undecided
Jungle boot wey boys still wear go club like 2 years after service....with beta pencil jean undecided....go quilox go ask....Shina peller nah my witness... undecided.

Better rock your shoe with pride....might be the only solid gift Nigeria might ever give you... undecided

It also goes well with black Agbada by the way.... undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Emk5556: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
It was not made to last that long.
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Yankiss(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
The new company does not have safety boots? Don't wear for the following reasons:
1. NYSC wears are mainly for serving members.
2. The boots are not tough enough to withstand rough working environment due to the top component.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Hotzone(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yes naaaa
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by meobizy(f): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nairaland has carried last as usual. It is now the norm to post topics on front page long after their conclusion. I see recent news is hard to come by nowadays.
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Tonyspecial(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yeah
Abokii can make use of it in wheel barrow pushing work

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by Tbvxl: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lol
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by ugodson(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Oga just get new safety boots. Is actually for your own safety brother. They will not send u if something bad happens to u. A word they say is enough for d wise.
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by SeasonedMEMBER(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Come and add mine to your field boot rack.
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by zeratehk: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lol very funny cool

You want people to be doing everything for you shebi?

People will buy you clothes
Buy shoes for you
Marry wife for you
Buy bed give you shebi?

You try. Clap for yourself.

No go buy shoe wear.. Dey there dey form mumu

2 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by ecomalchemist(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yes, you will need it to navigate this jungle called NIGGER AREA.

Best believe me, you better buckle up and hit the streets now cause nothing like job for Nigeria unless your last name sounds like Buhari.
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by chatinent: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
If you wouldn't be doing hard jobs, it isn't bad.
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by jonnypie(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
U think u can ask stupid question...

3 Likes

Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by YorubaPrince: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by peppermint7(m): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
Oya you still need those boots because to navigate this country with slippers na enough stress already
Wise up make you no suffa twice

E be things
Re: Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? by zeratehk: 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Your NYSC cloths is supposed to be a monument for your next generations.

Where do you come from?
Mumu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nigerian Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Worth Doing? / NYSC 2013 Batch A Library Thread; Find State You Were Posted Here. / Osun B15 Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.