Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums (74890 Views)

EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed / Michael Ibru's Grave Broken Into By Hoodlums To Steal His Casket In Delta (Pics) / Corpers' Pants, Sanitary Pads Collected By Hoodlums In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by BigBashiru: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2020
greenhulk:

Africans generally, especially Nigerians behave like zombies. It's just in our DNA �. All it takes is just for 1 person to lead an action and the rest will follow without asking questions. In as much as I think the edo prison break is an insider job, we all saw protesters getting overjoyed that prisoners are escaping, some of the escapees are murderers, robbers, kidnappers oh. Not even thinking about the implications. Tomorrow those escapees will still join the protest and go to commit more crimes, probably try to to to a police station and free more criminals.

As much as the protest started as a peaceful protest, it only takes 1 or 2 people from the protesters to turn violent like attack a police post, the rest will follow. This is a country where if 1 person in a market shouts ole ole on anyone (even when he's not sure he's the thief), before u know it another person would give him a dirty slap and before he can try to explain himself a mob would already be on him beating him up without asking what he did. And before I can say jack he's already set ablaze. Now ask any of the attackers what he did they will tell u he's a thief. What did he steal? They will say they don't know. That's how daft many people in this country are. And this is why this protest can easily turn into violence because our mentality is just weak.

Another example is doing beauty pageant at a protest or converting a protests to a display ground for guys to display flashy cars etc to girls. Blacks have low iq - it's not racism there are scientific facts to support it.

Abacha and politicians that loot don't they know they will die one day? It's low iq.

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2020
JuanDeDios:

But SARS has NOT ended. I've seen videos of SARS men still harassing people - albeit it's not as common as before. This suggests that either the police leadership is not serious or it does not have control of its men. SARS MURDERED people - there are shallow graves all over the country and corpses rotting in rivers - and no one has been arrested for prosecution for these murders since these protests began. Not one. Given these facts, and the fact that the police has ordered SARS off the streets many times in the past, isn't there a justification for continuing protests until REAL ACTION is seen on the part of the government? (MInd you, I'm also against anarchy. I'm pro-police and pro-order.)

We are on the same page. In major states a judicial center has been formed to help take cases of police abuse with utmost priority. Police are feeling the backlash and are working hard for a reform. At least moves have been made. Lets see the government work on it. Its something that wont come to life overnight so we have to be patient. My main p is the issues of police recruitment. I think that process needs to be overhauled and re-designed.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by uptimum123(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

slowpoke

Bedswerver
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by SweetiliciousD: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

Please can you base your life on facts? When did I praise rogue in powers or criminalize the poor?

You did if only you listened to yourself.

The youths are protesting against bad governance and its SARS high handedness.

The root cause of crime and cultism and all shades of criminality is the quest for better life which the rogues in power are heartlessly stealing away, yet not criminalised and sent behind bars.

What are we talking about here? If you are gainfully engaged doing legitimate job and earning your livelihood all day in a well organised economic climate, what time will you have for crime and criminality The sleep of a labouring man is sweet while the hungry stay awake all night in bitterness and anguish!

Root cause analysis tells me you aren't looking the right way in addressing the mammoth rot brought on all of us by criminals in power who are never criminalised and the crescendo is here where all youths are crying and fighting to be alive and can't be pacified by empty promises anymore.

Read your writeup again and do so with deep understanding.

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by CheGuevara102: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:

Bedswerver

Zombie

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nicoswit(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2020
cynthia9:
Nice

Funny enough. The comments above clearly indicates that most people still don't know that we have moved from peaceful protest to a revolution
Am in Benin city

And moreover So many people are in there for crimes they did not commit.
Aren't you afraid of what the outcome of the jailbreak will be? Many criminals working freely
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Exjoker(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Lies. They're 1,997 not 2000. grin

BTW I won't be surprised if 70% of those prisoners are innocent and are still awaiting trial after years of arrest. Buhari must learn by fire by force.
Lol... The funny part is that these same prisoners will still terrorize the same people when they are settled....
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by uptimum123(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

Zombie

Igbo head
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by JuanDeDios: 8:12am On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

We are on the same page. In major states a judicial center has been formed to help take cases of police abuse with utmost priority. Police are feeling the backlash and are working hard for a reform. At least moves have been made. Lets see the government work on it. Its something that wont come to life overnight so we have to be patient. My main p is the issues of police recruitment. I think that process needs to be overhauled and re-designed.
@bolded. The problem is they are NOT. Their initial response to this was the usual - issue a statement and wait for it to go away. But the young folks showed they were serious this time so the police leadership are miming. No real change has been made, either on the part of police leadership or the state. If I were the IG, I'd issue a statement like - We have arrested so and so number for prosecution for murder, torture and extortion; fire so and so number for witnessing murder and failing to report it; demoted so and so number for failing to rein in officers under their command; so and so number are still under investigation. We are redrafting our training and putting in place measures to ensure only worthy people are recruited, including background checks like it's done elsewhere. (I've been saying red for years. Try entering the FBI - they will interview your grandmother, you classmates, your brother's ex-girlfriend, your former neighbours from 10 years, etc.)

If I were the president, I'd issue a statement like - I am sorry the government failed the youth for so long by letting the police kill unchecked and tell people 'I will kill you and nothing will happen'; the IG has been fired and the new IG has my instructions to root out the system of "returns" within the force; the NHRC board has been reconstituted; as we speak, 20 states and FG have constituted their panels (less than 10 states have so far) and the remaining states and the FCT are working on it - those with proven cases of suffering unduly at the hands of the police with compensated; the federal and state AGs are working overtime to prosecute culprits; the PSC is being reconstituted with a mandate to ensure the system of returns is rooted from the force - the members will be announced tomorrow; I am increasing a constable's salary by 75% with immediate effect and my VP is working on a report for a comprehensive improvement of police welfare, including financial provision for the family of those who died serving their country; etc.

But you know what? We're dealing with an institutional rot, so I doubt the IG can make the statement above - he's a beneficiary of the system. The entire police leadership knew about these murders and aided and abetted them. Nothing they tell you is to be believed. The police can't change itself - only the FG can do it. And where is the president? Let's not go there.

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by SweetiliciousD: 8:19am On Oct 20, 2020
Nicoswit:

Aren't you afraid of what the outcome of the jailbreak will be? Many criminals working freely

Criminals without trial for many years. Is this system reallllllly working?
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by grandlexuz(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

You are right. Protests have a high tendency to become violent. The recent US protests fueled by Antifa was crazy too. But in none of these countries was there a jailbreak.

The breaking of prisons was inevitable. Once the people can't trust the police the judiciary comes next. The police have enjoyed somuch impunity thanks to the courts. The courts have been flawed in handing out justice. I might be wrong but three quarters of Nigerian Police deserve to be behind bars for attrocities ranging from bribery to extra judicial killings.

In Europe and America the courts and police work to a large extent. However it wasn't always the case. On 14 July 1789 a date that has become French National Day the French revolution started with the storming of the Bastille. The Bastille was a prison where the oppressed were kept. Thus the breaking of that prison was synonymous with the fall of royal power. For many Nigerian prisoners the story is one of justice delayed; and justice delayed is justice denied. The hardened criminals will benefit from this fall but so did some in the Bastille prison.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by CheGuevara102: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:

Igbo head

Conehead coupled with Ologbo Iya Aliu styled tribal marks.

E pain am enter body. If I were you I will go and kee myself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by sweetrace(f): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2020
Humanoid01:

Unfortunately, we don't think.

Exactly!
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nicoswit(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2020
SweetiliciousD:

Criminals without trial for many years. Is this system reallllllly working?
Yea i know d system isn't working but what about the real criminals that were released too
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 9:20am On Oct 20, 2020
DrOBD:

I'm sorry to say, but that's ot a revolution. Thats stupidity. Amongst the 2000 inmates would be hardened criminals as well as innocent people.

Naija is a banana republic indeed.

For your information, its not the Protesters that freed the inmates, it is hoodlums
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by sayisayi(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Playbook no 2....derail ppl protests.

Let criminals escape from jails, allow anarchy to reign small, so crimes increase, ppl clamour for law and order, police and army put back on the streets. Ppl feel relieved. No change to security outfits. Govt continues as per usual. Case closed.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by OyinO: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:
Feminist Coalition who has been sponsoring the protests are a faceless group in abroad.
Stupid youths, suddenly believe they have power made it their job to block the roads and frustrate government, not knowing it is themselves they are frustrating.
Other states copied it, now they have used it to destroy law and order.
The two main prisons in a massive Edo state has been let out open. Expect cultism and crime in that state to triple and of course no police to restore law and order unless military comes in.
The protests have done nothing more than taking Nigeria backwards. Criminals, cultists and kidnappers are extremely happy that there is less police presence on the streets. Let the blockade protests end now.

Keep quiet, put your mouth in a glass of water and scream into the glass let it produce bubbles.
You said nonsense and I'm not surprised at the likes your comment gathered.
The police on the streets were protecting Nigerians or extorting and maltreating them? The cultists and criminals plus the crime was on the rise during the police presence or in their absence? Who are the partners in crime with the cultists, kidnappers and criminals? Is it not the police? We have faced these vices and have suffered untold security challenges in the face of police occupation of our main roads since 1960. So what are you actually saying? You're not aware that the UN will intervene if the Protests continue for 30 days or thereabout?
Abeg, park well joorrrr!
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by OyinO: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2020
greenhulk:

Africans generally, especially Nigerians behave like zombies. It's just in our DNA �. All it takes is just for 1 person to lead an action and the rest will follow without asking questions. In as much as I think the edo prison break is an insider job, we all saw protesters getting overjoyed that prisoners are escaping, some of the escapees are murderers, robbers, kidnappers oh. Not even thinking about the implications. Tomorrow those escapees will still join the protest and go to commit more crimes, probably try to to to a police station and free more criminals.

As much as the protest started as a peaceful protest, it only takes 1 or 2 people from the protesters to turn violent like attack a police post, the rest will follow. This is a country where if 1 person in a market shouts ole ole on anyone (even when he's not sure he's the thief), before u know it another person would give him a dirty slap and before he can try to explain himself a mob would already be on him beating him up without asking what he did. And before I can say jack he's already set ablaze. Now ask any of the attackers what he did they will tell u he's a thief. What did he steal? They will say they don't know. That's how daft many people in this country are. And this is why this protest can easily turn into violence because our mentality is just weak.

Beautiful nonsense! Now clap for yourself!
For the reasons mentioned by you, is why in saner climes, the Authorities do what is acceptable according to best practice in order to avoid escalation. When you keep mute to the demands, what do you expect?
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Chijeep(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Leave the ones in Aso rock first, they don't threaten us at night with gun, kill innocent people and create chaos. Even if Nigerian become paradise and those cultist and criminals are parading our streets, it would still be hell for us.
it beta a thief breaks ur house ones and steal all ur wealth than Government extorting your wealth bit by bit and the worst of it all is that this government isn't only stealing from us but creating many channels of stealing from our generation.
oga, wise up fa

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by SweetiliciousD: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2020
Nicoswit:

Yea i know d system isn't working but what about the real criminals that were released too

That's the most reason why youths demand the system works again
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by MChaze25(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2020
[quote author=Neddstark post=95116672]

I had last week. I am better now, thanks to Artesunate. Have you gone to yabaleft for your case of mental ineptitude? You know your case is completely hopeless but try and find some professional help sometimes. Shalom.[/quotle]
Mad Maddo Maddest
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 10:50am On Oct 20, 2020
OyinO:

You're not aware that the UN will intervene if the Protests continue for 30 days or thereabout?

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
None but ourselves can free our mind.

Read below. Get yourself more learned. You owe it to your breath not to be led by someone's propaganda.

https://www.nairaland.com/6191984/claim-un-intervene-after-30
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 10:59am On Oct 20, 2020
JuanDeDios:

@bolded. The problem is they are NOT. Their initial response to this was the usual - issue a statement and wait for it to go away. But the young folks showed they were serious this time so the police leadership are miming. No real change has been made, either on the part of police leadership or the state. If I were the IG, I'd issue a statement like - We have arrested so and so number for prosecution for murder, torture and extortion; fire so and so number for witnessing murder and failing to report it; demoted so and so number for failing to rein in officers under their command; so and so number are still under investigation. We are redrafting our training and putting in place measures to ensure only worthy people are recruited, including background checks like it's done elsewhere. (I've been saying red for years. Try entering the FBI - they will interview your grandmother, you classmates, your brother's ex-girlfriend, your former neighbours from 10 years, etc.)

If I were the president, I'd issue a statement like - I am sorry the government failed the youth for so long by letting the police kill unchecked and tell people 'I will kill you and nothing will happen'; the IG has been fired and the new IG has my instructions to root out the system of "returns" within the force; the NHRC board has been reconstituted; as we speak, 20 states and FG have constituted their panels (less than 10 states have so far) and the remaining states and the FCT are working on it - those with proven cases of suffering unduly at the hands of the police with compensated; the federal and state AGs are working overtime to prosecute culprits; the PSC is being reconstituted with a mandate to ensure the system of returns is rooted from the force - the members will be announced tomorrow; I am increasing a constable's salary by 75% with immediate effect and my VP is working on a report for a comprehensive improvement of police welfare, including financial provision for the family of those who died serving their country; etc.

But you know what? We're dealing with an institutional rot, so I doubt the IG can make the statement above - he's a beneficiary of the system. The entire police leadership knew about these murders and aided and abetted them. Nothing they tell you is to be believed. The police can't change itself - only the FG can do it. And where is the president? Let's not go there.

You're making a whole lot of sense. Thanks for sharing your opinion. The institutional rot is the birth of this all. I'm just damn tired. The government, the people. This environment mentally saps the life out of someone choosing to be rational-minded. It is sad.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by maasoap(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2020
Acidosis:

I know the kind of Nigeria I want. I certainly don't want the Nigeria where prison guards purposely dissappear with their AK 47 from duty posts in order to release prisoners and have people like you blame peaceful protestors.

Prison guards (not warders) all over the country are trained to carry AK-47 and other firearms yet we didn't hear just one gunshot in the video??

This is not the kind of Nigeria I want.

You didn't hear a single shot? Does this mean that you were very close to both or either of prison at the time of jailbreaks?
Mind explaining to me how exactly about nine people who were reported to have died came about their deaths?
And as for prison guards and AK47, I don't need to tell you that those who invaded the prisons did it with stones and sticks. Besides, they had the number. Offa robbery, can you please remind me how many police officers killed that day? May be that was staged too or may be the officers on duty were not armed.

https://www.nairaland.com/6190811/endsars-3-ladies-kidnapped-raped
This is the consequences of your madness that we were talking about yesterday. Expect more
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

slowpoke
mynd44 ban this two for 2000 years

Rule 2
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by CheGuevara102: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
mynd44 ban this two for 2000 years

Rule 2

mynd44 ban this Mumu for eternity till Angel Gabriel sound the trumpet

Rule 2

1 Like

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Acidosis(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2020
maasoap:

You didn't hear a single shot? Does this mean that you were very close to both or either of prison at the time of jailbreaks?
Mind explaining to me how exactly about nine people who were reported to have died came about their deaths?
And as for prison guards and AK47, I don't need to tell you that those who invaded the prisons did it with stones and sticks. Besides, they had the number. Offa robbery, can you please remind me how many police officers killed that day? May be that was staged too or may be the officers on duty were not armed.

https://www.nairaland.com/6190811/endsars-3-ladies-kidnapped-raped
This is the consequences of your madness that we were talking about yesterday. Expect more

I think you should stop pretending! Just say it is wrong and illegal to protest in Nigeria.

We would understand the level of your stup!dity. People were raped and you're blaming a peaceful movement?

Why don't you scrap the national assembly because Senator Abbo slapped a woman?
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by maasoap(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2020
Acidosis:

I think you should stop pretending! Just say it is wrong and illegal to protest in Nigeria.

We would understand the level of your stup!dity. People were raped and you're blaming a peaceful movement?

Why don't you scrap the national assembly because Senator Abbo slapped a woman?

You didn't even respond to a single point in my comment.
Check the quote below, didn't I express this concern yesterday?
Neddstark:
Breaking news: The rapists and murderers of Uwa have escaped from Benin prison. Benin people, may God be with you.
Senseless protesters and nairalanders making cases for prisoners who were forcefully freed! I hope you are living in Edo state right now.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Ronaldinho10(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2020
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Acidosis(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2020
maasoap:

You didn't even respond to a single point in my comment.
Check the quote below, didn't I express this concern yesterday?

Senseless protesters and nairalanders making cases for prisoners who were forcefully freed! I hope you are living in Edo state right now.

I'm not making any case for prisoners. I'm simply blaming those who were paid to guard the prisons. Why do we have police and armed forces if all Nigerians are SANE and law abiding people??

These guys are getting paid to check this kind of issue. Stop blaming peaceful protestors.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2020
Chijeep:

it beta a thief breaks ur house ones and steal all ur wealth than Government extorting your wealth bit by bit and the worst of it all is that this government isn't only stealing from us but creating many channels of stealing from our generation.
oga, wise up fa

Both are evil but I don't want to join issues with the ones that go about with guns, kill and maim innocent people. No, please. If it's better for you, then good luck but that's not for me abeg.

Ask people in southern Kaduna, they have a story to tell.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2020
maasoap:

I am for law and order. Not making a case for prisoners freed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Man Rips Own Intestine Open, Jumps At Moving Vehicle In Imo / Herdsmen And Their Cows Chased Out Of Ekiti By Amotekun (Video) / I'm Pregnant For My Brother, Lost My Virginity To Him 10 Years Ago -lady (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.