Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye (908 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye by same410(m): 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
The papers are awashed this morning with the news on Pastor Adeboye's comment on the third term bid of Obasanjo.

According to Pastor Adeboye, "when our former president wanted to run for a third term, he avoided me, throughout the period.'' Adeboye added that he was indeed friendly with Obasanjo and had assured him before he was elected in 1999 that he would be President.

Also, when there was a plan to impeach Obasanjo during the first term, Adeboye said he told him he would even get a second term. But when the plot for third term started, the former leader started to avoid him.

The General Overseer of the RCCG Worldwide added that Obasanjo avoided him because the former president knew he had been silent on the third term, even though he had spoken earlier that Obasanjo would be President and would also get a second term. "But I kept quiet on the third term, " Adeboye stated, hinting that Obasanjo knew very well that he would not bless the idea of a third term against Nigeria's Constitution. (The Guardian)
Re: Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye by thesilent1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2007
Adeboye stated, hinting that Obasanjo knew very well that he would not bless the idea of a third term against Nigeria's Constitution. (The Guardian)

why do these kinds of reports always come out AFTER its happened
Re: Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye by stimulus(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2007
thesilent1:

why do these kinds of reports always come out AFTER its happened

Because it would have been another story altogether if it came out during OBJ's tenure! grin
Re: Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye by thesilent1(m): 10:18am On Jun 28, 2007
true
Re: Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye by donnie(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2007
The lesson i get from this is that one does not need to be Obasanjo's (the president's) close friend to influence or decide the fate of the nation.

You can shake the nation from where you are with Obasanjo staggering in it.

All it takes is one man who knows who and whose he is; and his role as a citizen in this great country Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Why So Much Diversity In Christianity Today / The Greatest Conversion On Nairaland. Tpaine (therationa) Is Now A Deist / Creationist Don't Know Where The Fuel They Use In Their Cars Comes From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.