Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? (1929 Views)

Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice / Minimum Computer Specs For Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
If the answer Is no,is there any way for me to upgrade it to it's maximum(cost included)
hp pavilion g6

- Intel Pentium

- 320gb

- 4gb

- HDMI

- Windows 7 64-bits

- Purple color

Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by meobizy(f): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Unless it says “Gaming Edition” then I will advice you not to. Using my business laptop to play games killed the cooling fan. Then again it was already at the end of its shelf life so I didn’t care much. You can play old games on it, but it will task the system and shorten its lifespan. You can download PlayStation 1 emulators and enjoy a full generation of games. That is one form of gaming which I know doesn’t need much processing power. Get a game controller because some keys die from repeated use.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by Jas80: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
SIMON09:
If the answer Is no,is there any way for me to upgrade it to it's maximum(cost included)
hp pavilion g6

- Intel Pentium

- 320gb

- 4gb

- HDMI

- Windows 7 64-bits

- Purple color

you can use it
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by 404Dev: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
SIMON09:
hp pavilion g6

- Intel Pentium

- 320gb

- 4gb

- HDMI

- Windows 7 64-bits

- Purple color
Should serve you as a starter but advice to be saving up to buy something better preferably i7 with atleast 8gb ram.

But this should serve you well for web development or python development. Till you get into the crazier stuff and start using heavier tools
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by spartan117(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
meobizy:
Unless it says “Gaming Edition” then I will advice you not to. Using my business laptop to play games killed the cooling fan. Then again it was already at the end of its shelf life so I didn’t care much. You can play old games on it, but it will task the system and shorten its lifespan. You can download PlayStation 1 emulators and enjoy a full generation of games. That is one form of gaming which I know doesn’t need much processing power. Get a game controller because some keys die from repeated use.
He said programming not gaming!

To the question, you can use it will work fine until you can get something better when the need arises.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
meobizy:
thanks this info is really helpful to me, I'm kinda having this issue my laptop over heats and the battery is bad
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
spartan117:

He said programming not gaming!

To the question, you can use it will work fine until you can get something better when the need arises.
can you suggest a budget friendly laptop for advanced programming
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jas80:

you can use it
thanks
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
404Dev:

Should serve you as a starter but advice to be saving up to buy something better preferably i7 with atleast 8gb ram.

But this should serve you well for web development or python development. Till you get into the crazier stuff and start using heavier tools
thank you so much
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by spartan117(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
SIMON09:
can you suggest a budget friendly laptop for advanced programming
Look at what I saw on jiji. There are many UK used laptops of similar specs which are affordable. You just have to double check to be sure that they are in a good condition.

Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by meobizy(f): 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
If it’s programming then yes. People can program on literal potatoes. I could swear the title stated “gaming”. Oh well. It’s only CAD which requires powerful laptops. I doubt any process on python can stress even fifteen year old laptops.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
meobizy:
If it’s programming then yes. People can program on literal potatoes. I could swear the title stated “gaming”. Oh well. It’s only CAD which requires powerful laptops. I doubt any process on python can stress even fifteen year old laptops.
ok thanks again
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by bedfordng(m): 9:57am On Oct 22, 2020
you can use it if you take coding with less heavy tools/IDE. there are lots of text editors you can use for programming without the laptop hanging such as sublime, vs code editor, notepad++ etc. but if you choose to use heavy IDE such as visual studio, android studio , etc, then you will experience hanging of your PC often.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
bedfordng:
you can use it if you take coding with less heavy tools/IDE. there are lots of text editors you can use for programming without the laptop hanging such as sublime, vs code editor, notepad++ etc. but if you choose to use heavy IDE such as visual studio, android studio , etc, then you will experience hanging of your PC often.
thank you so much, please can you guide me on what feature I should upgrade for better performance
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
meobizy:
Don't be so sure o.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by bedfordng(m): 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
SIMON09:
thank you so much, please can you guide me on what feature I should upgrade for better performance
if it is left to me I will recommend you buy a new PC that comes with at least 8gb ram and ssd drive, corei5 or higher if you have the cash.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 5:13am On Oct 23, 2020
bedfordng:
if it is left to me I will recommend you buy a new PC that comes with at least 8gb ram and ssd drive, corei5 or higher if you have the cash.
thanks, please can you suggest one for me.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by 404Dev: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2020
SIMON09:
thanks, please can you suggest one for me.
I use hp elite book 820 and it serves me perfectly. 8gb ram, i7 and super light

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2020
bedfordng:

Exactly the IDE and platform might be the issue, if you need memory I often advise Linux as it has low memory footprint for work
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
pcguru1:

Exactly the IDE and platform might be the issue, if you need memory I often advise Linux as it has low memory footprint for work
thanks a lot
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
404Dev:

I use hp elite book 820 and it serves me perfectly. 8gb ram, i7 and super light
thank you very much
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by Deicide: 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
My advice since it's programing you want to do install Linux on it most preferably one of the lightweight distro maybe Linux mint and use it for programing. Or if you wanna stick with windows manage window 7.
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 6:15am On Oct 25, 2020
Deicide:
My advice since it's programing you want to do install Linux on it most preferably one of the lightweight distro maybe Linux mint and use it for programing. Or if you wanna stick with windows manage window 7.
thanks, please is there a way for me to upgrade this system?
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by Deicide: 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
SIMON09:
thanks, please is there a way for me to upgrade this system?
yeah you can upgrade the hdd to SSD and also you can upgrade the RAM
Re: Can I Use Hp Pavilion G6 For Programming??? by SIMON09: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
Deicide:
yeah you can upgrade the hdd to SSD and also you can upgrade the RAM
ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

Simple PHP Quiz: Kill The Rand() / Web Developer And Designer Needed For Tech Startup / Help Convert This WHILE Loop Into A FOR Loop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.