Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG (43557 Views)

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Dangote Tomato Factory Closure: Aroms Was Right - Opinions.ng / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
alibiguy:

Erisco group was producing the paste but got no concession from govt. Hence, they left the country.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/erisco-foods-shuts-down-relocates-to-china/
OK, this is highly unfair and we need them back.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
You think na miracle, if you want miracle go to TB joshua.

It won't work because an average Nigeria don't like Nigerian Made Products and How many Nigerians are into farming sef. We need to start saying the truth to ourselves joo.
so because we have teachers and lecturers in Nigeria means well shouldnt allow students to school abroad? What about the politicians children schooling in Nigeria not abroad? What about politicians buying INNOCENT motor not imported cars? Etc..nonsense everywhere
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
TheOtherRoom:
Monopoly is Monopoly... And Monopoly is bad for a place such as our country.
Heck the satchet tomatoes he makes which was 60naira is now 100 Naira over night
I don't care if it's monopoly, I only care about who is making profit.

Black wealth must stay in Black Nation.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by farem: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dem never ban am, una wan kill us. If dem ban am pátápátá, na tó bury Nigerians be that.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Benwallt:
can you imagine the profit while millions of ppl wallow in poverty n hunger. I find this quite disturbing if true.
this people ehn they wicked no b small
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Shadysen: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
God Jehovah of armies punish this evil man called dangote amen!
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CodeTemplar: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
In one word, you prefer a white man to make money more than your fellow blacks.

If we continue to tribalise this things we won't go anywhere.
Is Benin republic or Niger republic white dominated? Morón. Let me buy from where I choose to. simple. Quota system idîot.

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fourwinds:
so because we have teachers and lecturers in Nigeria means well shouldnt allow students to school abroad? What about the politicians children schooling in Nigeria not abroad? What about politicians buying INNOCENT motor not imported cars? Etc..nonsense everywhere
Yes, I support buying innoson cars and I don't support kids going abroad.

Let's try and make positive out of scenario rather than total destruction. This is a step why can't we rally round innoson and help his business.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by amakadlite(f): 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
open the borders so most of these boys on the streets will go hustling simple. buying and selling is what most of the youths can easily engaged to survive but the incompetent economists says no.
it's seems they have banned the tomato paste already given that the smallest that used to be #30, two for #50 in 2015 is now #150.

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Is Benin republic or Niger republic white dominated? Morón. Let me buy from where I choose to. simple. Quota system idîot.
Please read carefully
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
amakadlite:
open the borders so most of these boys on the streets will go hustling simple. buying and selling is what most of the youths can easily engaged to survive but the incompetent economists says no.
it's seems they have banned the tomato paste already given that the smallest that used to be #30, two for #50 in 2015 is now #150.
let us go and farm.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:

Let's try and make positive out of scenario rather than total destruction. This is a step why can't we rally round innoson and help his business.
until that is done.. No to ban on tomatoes paste
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
Let us go and farm, buy dangote rich and tomato paste, buy innoson cars, if Obinna starts to make phone - na me go first buy, we should make the Naira strong
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Freebills12: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
BAN IT NOW .... JUST LIKE THEY BAN IBETO CEMENT
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:

until that is done.. No to ban on tomatoes paste....wicked government
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fourwinds:
until that is done.. No to ban on tomatoes paste
we can't say because one is not, then stop everything. Buhari is Nepotic, Yes, if south youth enter we sef will do our own for our selves.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Malawian(m): 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
Sachet tomato don go from 50naira to 130 naira and this mumu still dry talk about ban.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by amakadlite(f): 10:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
let us go and farm.
which nonsense farm? the place where Fulani herdsmen will come and destroy the farm, rape and hack to death.?huh

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
we can't say because one is not, then stop everything. Buhari is Nepotic, Yes, if south youth enter we sef will do our own for our selves.
Oboy I say no.. Wetin dem go for rice is not palatable at all... Over a year now no sign of it coming down.. It will never be well with Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Amaechi and all the wicked politicians and their generations

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Bigchristo: 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/ban-tomato-importation-dangote-tells-fg/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
they always want monopoly over Nigeria economy,soon they will banned importation of everything so they can sell alone
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
JEHOVAH COME AND HEAR OOO
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by obailala(m): 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
One reading through the hateful comments on this thread against Dangote would think Dangote at any point asked other businessmen and industrialists in Nigeria not to build tomato paste plants.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Cousin9999: 10:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
Imports should be limited, not banned. We need to have some amount of "insurance" or alternatives if there are problems. Imports should also be taxed heavily. We have to encourage preference for buying local.

Government also needs to subsidize local farming.

2 Likes

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2020
amakadlite:
which nonsense farm? the place where Fulani herdsmen will come and destroy the farm, rape and hack to death.?huh
OK, there a strategic move, we are the highest customer more the the herdsman. We have to detect the price or rather still collaborate.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Farki: 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
It's a free market, I'm sure somebody in his position would understand how markets work.

Maybe other countries should ban Dangote products so they get the message.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
obailala:
One reading through the hateful comments on this thread against Dangote would think Dangote at any point asked other businessmen and industrialists in Nigeria not to build tomato paste plants.
i just tire.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Egbi2020: 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
These people will kill us in this country, tomatoe paste that the price is already 2* the initial price? so, if the barn the importation of tomatoe paste the price will now be 4 times the initial price abi? Due to lack of availability in the market. This people think the world revolve around them only.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
Bigchristo:
they always want monopoly over Nigeria economy,soon they will banned importation of everything so they can sell alone
eventually we are going to ban all Import.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fourwinds:
Oboy I say no.. Wetin dem go for rice is not palatable at all... Over a year now no sign of it coming down.. It will never be well with Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Amaechi and all the wicked politicians and their generations
Bro, we only started growing a substantial amount of rice. It will take continuity to make it lucrative.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Farki: 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
Let us go and farm, buy dangote rich and tomato paste, buy innoson cars, if Obinna starts to make phone - na me go first buy, we should make the Naira strong

It's not by farming that we will make the naira strong, primarily agrarian societies are some of the weakest economically. I've come to notice that having less farmers while still having sustained food production is a sign of a growing economy.

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2020
One question for all of una against the ban, if you just start business with loan shebi your service or good go first expensive abi. So you go fit pay off your loan and buy mechaniries. This rice thing just start over a year with time subsidy go come in place when there are many rice farmers all over the country. Let us talk truth to ourselves, how many of your family you sabi wey dey plant rice, how many of your friends you sabi wey dey at least do tomato paste branding.
North fit get farm, na we get technology and education, they can't grow without us, we need to collaborate. Tell them bring your tomato, we go brand am for factory for Anambra, bring your rice we go market am for Lagos for international recognition. As much as we stay divided, we fall apart.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by dhantey324(m): 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2020
Here we go again undecided angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank / [PHOTO] Dangote, Otedola, Meet Buhari As Elumelu Invests $2.5m In Power Sector / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.