Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG (43556 Views)

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Dangote Tomato Factory Closure: Aroms Was Right - Opinions.ng / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2020
amakadlite:
tell how I will be going to the farm without being sure to make it back home alive
i might dictate the price, the sabi last last the northern farmers go carry the thing come meet us. We go collaborate with them on how to make the product better for sales. Money should be our common religion and tribe. We can actually work today.

All of us should stop inheriting our fathers enemy , hate, jealousy and animosity.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by MickzyDonald: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2020
Midadeola:
Awwn awn, thank you so much!!!
Have you tried it
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by slizzyb(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2020
chamboy:
i might dictate the price, the sabi last last the northern farmers go carry the thing come meet us. We go collaborate with them on how to make the product better for sales. Money should be our common religion and tribe. We can actually work today.

All of us should stop inheriting our fathers enemy , hate, jealousy and animosity.

Clearly said. You are from the north maybe fulani..
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by amakadlite(f): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2020
chamboy:

be honest for once, so our normal subsistence farming just would just end because we don't have security here. and we have to look for money to patronise my hausa farmers because because life depends n them abi?
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Drizzy5001(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2020
Useless and stupid Buhari, will listen to that one shaperly, very soon una go ban oxygen and water, so that you people will be the only supplier. They should aswell ban importation of cars, into Nigeria,we already have innoson ,why not patronise ,"made in Nigeria products".
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by tonyson010(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2020
History555:
Tomato paste is banned from accessing forex by cbn yet there is not enough tomato. If i recollect dangote closed his tomato paste factory due to insufficient tomato.

They know they game they are playing on Nigerians, Especially against Southern parts.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by DamnnNiggarr: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2020
CoolAmbience:

I don't agree with you.

I am very well privy to how these things work.

All that is required to lower the prices is, increased production and competition.

There is nothing international or rocket science about rice production. Dangote isn't the only one allowed to grow and package rice in Nigeria.

We have got Lake, Umza, Coscharis and several other rice products.

Currently the two biggest challenge with rice prices, particularly down South, is greed and transportation costs.

For the challenge of transportation, a well connected rail system across the country will substantially address that. As you know, rail infrastructures don't get developed overnight. What we are facing is a culmination of bad leadership.

At least, we can now see the rails springing up and being revitalized: from Kaduna to Abuja; Lagos to Ibadan; and now, Warri to Itakpe, with an extension to the Main market in Onitsha at Agbor.

Conveying agricultural goods and produce on massive scales through railroads, no doubt, will certainly deliver cheaper and affordable prices to people. What you will need 100 trailer trucks to convey in two or three days could be transported in one rail movement. Think of that.

So, all this your 2007, N4000 analysis aren't really how these things are analyzed. Economic conditions never stay the same, same applies to prices. Has Nigeria's population remained the same since 2007? What about housing and other services? Use a family economy to do your analysis. Once, a married couple welcome a child, things change significantly, especially in the economic sense for them. Let alone, two or more children.

*KEY WORDS*
Bad leadership;
Bad transportation system;
Changes(Increase) in population;

You said it all, thanks for the info, no knowledge is a waste.

But Dangote shouldn't wait till everything is monopolized in his favor(my bone of contention)

We have got Lake, Umza, Coscharis and several other rice products.
Do you know that what these companies do is repackaging??

They import and repackage.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CoolAmbience(m): 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
*KEY WORDS*
Bad leadership;
Bad transportation system;
Changes(Increase) in population;

You said it all, thanks for the info, no knowledge is a waste.

But Dangote shouldn't wait till everything is monopolized in his favor(my bone of contention)

Do you know that what these companies do is repackaging??

They import and repackage.

Not true at all.

I can show you proofs.

These rice and grown here.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by engrchykae(m): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
This man is the economic front for the caliphate to pocket Nigeria
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Villemark: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
He did not say anything concerning the #Endsars, now na to ban importation of tomatos....na only him won gada all the whole companies and money God is watching.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
All this can be fixed by good governance, yes they need to ban all types of food importation to Nigeria, Nigeria doesn't need any food product from outside the country, we have more than enough if the right infrastructure are created for farmers.
At the same time it shouldn't be monopolized to reduce the inflation, Dangote has made so much money from Nigeria without doing enough for the economy, look at what Amazon is doing in U.S and Europe, why cant dangote create as much job and raise unemployment like them.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
gurujoe:
Nonsense talk from Danmumu
explain
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nguru55: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by DamnnNiggarr: 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Not true at all.

I can show you proofs.

These rice and grown here.

ok,
Bring on the proofs to prove your points.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Midadeola(f): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Have you tried it
Absolutely,it worked. Rocking it on my signature already
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by topatee: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
This was the same way they ask Govt to ban importation of rice, we know what was the outcome of it
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by MickzyDonald: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Midadeola:
Absolutely,it worked. Rocking it on my signature already
Ok seems u grabbed it faster
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Ochelyko1: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
I hope the federal government will also ban the importation of cars because we have a car manufacturer in Nigeria here so let's encourage Innoson motor,nor be only north go dey benefit for everything
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Villemark:
He did not say anything concerning the #Endsars, now na to ban importation of tomatos....na only him won gada all the whole companies and money God is watching.
That is not true.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ochelyko1:
I hope the federal government will also ban the importation of cars because we have a car manufacturer in Nigeria here so let's encourage Innoson motor,nor be only north go dey benefit for everything
They have increase duty fees on new cars imported.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Sleekfingers: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
GuyWise:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnn

Northerners are greedy people, they enjoy our resources in the south but make their food costly.

They want FG to ban tomatoes importation so that they will make it costly down South as they did to rice and other agricultural products.

u self go take loan and start farming.....abi dangote say make u no start ur own tomato business......we the south need to start farming....and stop depending on the north.....we do have fertile lands down here.....especially we the southwest.......oyo and osun states have extremely fertile lands....lagos should invest in open fishing eg tilapia, catfish, herring, bass and also in coconuts.....ogun state should invest in rice , expecially ofada rice......ondo and ekiti should invest in cocoa, snails, vegetables, yam
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 3:35am On Oct 24, 2020
amakadlite:
be honest for once, so our normal subsistence farming just would just end because we don't have security here. and we have to look for money to patronise my hausa farmers because because life depends n them abi?
is the soil good for large scale farming down in PH.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by amakadlite(f): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2020
chamboy:
is the soil good for large scale farming down in PH.
noo, there is fertile soil only in the north
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Midadeola(f): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Ok seems u grabbed it faster
yyaaap. coz you explained properly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank / [PHOTO] Dangote, Otedola, Meet Buhari As Elumelu Invests $2.5m In Power Sector / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.