Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,016 members, 7,863,681 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers (68537 Views)

New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival / Nigerian Couple Who Enslaved Woman In UK Flee After Mob Attacks Their Home -pics / Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Ugo4hotish(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2020
stanliwise:
I am also beginning to suspect thugs and maybe opposing political parties are hijacking this situation. People of the vicinity shouldn’t fall into the trap of civil wars, instead they should find those responsible for the attack and deal with them. Our government has failed us but we can’t fail ourselves. We can let anti people and Babarian’s overtake our homes and streets. If hoodlums wants to help out let them attack the government properties and assets

Just Imagine the most insane and crackhead speech the president made. Having almost no depth nor breadth.

They shouldn't attack govt property,
They should attack property of people in government
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by overall90: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2020
so this is how nigeria want to turn the whole pretest thing into an igbo thing.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by NwokoloOwa: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2020
Military deployment was long overdue. Government delayed so long because of the illusion of 'democracy'. The West even with their matured democracy deploy combatants in extreme demonstrations. Not to talk of China, Russia, India etc. The French President, Macron deployed troops last year with these words:

"Soldiers are not trained in law; they do not read people their rights. If you actually act in a way that the law enforcement agents fail to handle you and it is decided that the Army should be called in, don't expect them to read you your rights or handcuff you. No. They don't move around with handcuffs. They are trained to subdue enemies of the State and to kill such enemies and bring peace to a state within the shortest possible time. My warning to all those who would be demonstrators, France will not standby while infrastructure is destroyed. We shall employ the Army to bring order and if you die, it means you were at a wrong place at the wrong time where the Army did not want anyone to be. Stay at home or place of work and stay alive'

FRANCE NEWS

#westernhypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Eclipse91: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2020
The problem of Nigeria is yet unknown.

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by ThatFairGuy1: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2020
ignis:
They just want to involve IPOB
Shut up. EVERYONE IS LYING AGAINST IPOB FROM NNAMDI KANU AUDIO AND SORTS

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by kamikaze01(m): 9:33am On Oct 23, 2020
homosapien:

These is the actual problem, not equipment whatsoever to work with, you give them Ak 47 and u go to sleep.

Am really disappointed in Lagos state government on how they make mockery of their internal security.

Despite the Lagos state security trust funds, all thru could get is Hilux and few tank's.

Will it be too much for Lagos state to equip RRS with the following

:. Active Denial Systems (ADS): Essentially an open-air microwave oven, this weapon projects beams of radiation to heat the skin of its targets to 130 degrees, forcing them to flee.

:. Net guns: Traditionally used to capture wildlife, guns that shoot and ensnare people in nets have also been adopted by some police forces to catch targets as a form of riot control.

: sleep gases made up of the anesthesia fentanyl were used in 2002 by Russia on Chechen rebels in Moscow.

: Water canons: First used for riot control in Germany in the 1930s, water canons were also used widely in the United States in the 1960s but have since fallen out of favor.

Among others, any of the above method Wii do s good job without been lethal.

Nice. It's people like you we need in giving recommendations and reform policies to the government.

Why are people suprise when police use lethal force in any secumstances when the gun is the only gadget they hav in protecting themselves? Equip the police with modern non lethal gadget and riot control equipment such as the ones mentioned above in other for things to change.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Takuruku4: 9:33am On Oct 23, 2020
stanliwise:
I am also beginning to suspect thugs and maybe opposing political parties are hijacking this situation. People of the vicinity shouldn’t fall into the trap of civil wars, instead they should find those responsible for the attack and deal with them. Our government has failed us but we can’t fail ourselves. We can let anti people and Babarian’s overtake our homes and streets. If hoodlums wants to help out let them attack the government properties and assets

Just Imagine the most insane and crackhead speech the president made. Having almost no depth nor breadth.
But is the duty of government in poverty to have avoid that from initial stage instead of playing dumb.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Emilokoiyawon: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
And you can do that at the level of the states.
The old regions wont work today. Agriculture stopped being a major earner in the 1970s when the UK stopped being our major market. Same for minerals.Plus Nigeria is a country where every one wants to benefit from sharing the oil money. Not from innovation and tech. Till we change that attitude, regionalism wont fix that.Infact my problem with resource control, even though i am from the south south is that we will take the money and overimport. Instead of developing our own science and innovation.

I disagree. Its time for Nigerian states to control their own destinies. The current structure is unworkable. If we don't get REFORMS NOW, SECESSION WILL BE INEVITABLE. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Saao(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2020
stanliwise:

always suspecting others for your failure is more than a failure itself. If you prepare your home very well, criminals won't come in. Buhari fail in all sectors people kept quiet, people complain, he muscle them down with securities personnel. They finally got to the street, instead of sincerely address the issue systematically, he waited and finally went ahead to kill the people complaining to live. After killing the people he denied even with much evidence to show. He was push to talk to us, when he finally spoke, he threatening the youth and the international community without even sympathize with those killed. Bro imagine your love one is among them, what will you do? What happened at lekki toll I narrowly escaped it that day but that was the worst thing I ever expected from my country to my fellow Nigerians. This thing is far from being over.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by homosapien(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2020
uuzba:

These are all specific one-use equipment.
Nigeria doesn't manufacture anything. We just import.
It's still cheaper to import guns and bullet for multi-use.
This country should just learn how to manufacture stuff and stop making foreign countries richer with our reckless importation.

Fine, let innosson or proforce buy the technology from abroad and produce locally.

We can't keep sending army to maintain internal security, they aren't trained for that. Police is, and they need to be equipped.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Sirmwill: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:
Its no more a secret that a Rebellious group in Southeast called IPOB are tooling for war against other tribes and against some Igbos who don't believe in their Struggle.

Don't ask me how I knew, the Recorded Audio call has gone viral that even a new born baby knows about it.

So my question goes:

1. Why are igbo Political Leaders quiet about it, are they yet to listen to that 15mins Audio call?

2. What about C A N (Christians Associations of Nigeria) why are they quiet, knowing that igbo youths are massively out for blood, are the Excos of (C A N) still writing their speech?

3. Why has Atiku and the PDP decided to ignore that horrible Audio? Have they not listened to it yet? Was Nnamdi Kanu speaking French in the Recorded Audio call? Because as far as I know, Kanu spoke English all through the Audio.

4. Why is no one tagging the UN, US, UK, ICPC, ECOWAS for their intervention?

While I await answers to these daring questions, I would like to let the Ohaneze Ndigbo know that Igbos are sitting on a time bomb ticking to blow in seconds.

Question: Who owns most Plazas and Business empires in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja, Sokoto, Plateau, etc?

Answer: Igbos

Questions: Who owns most Estates, Companies and Private properties in Lagos and Abuja?

Question: Who will cry when Yorubas or Hausas decide to retaliate or defend themselves?

You want to destroy Tinubu and other Southwest Politicians but people like Theodore Orji, James Ibori, Diezani, Patience Jonathan, Peter Obi, Okezie Ikpeazu and many other igbo Politicians are dealing with you severely, they are toiling with your future.

Yet, your Problem is Tinubu and Lagos, same Lagos you run to, for Assylum just to be safe from your wicked Governors in the poverty ravaged Southeast? Is that not madness?

When are you going to attack your mishevious Politicians and deal with Leaders there in the Southeast?

Sorry ooo
All of these is wrong ooo
If person no tell you naw you go tink say you make point
IPOB is a very good innovation but when it embraces violent protocols,the FG will have no other option than to Label them as terrorists.
This will browbeat the good cause that the IPOB is trying to Achieve...
You people should get sense
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by homosapien(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2020
kamikaze01:

Nice. It's people like you we need in giving recommendations and reform policies to the government.

Why are people suprise when police use lethal force in any secumstances when the gun is the only gadget they hav in protecting themselves? Equip the police with modern non lethal gadget and riot control equipment such as the ones mentioned above in other for things to change.

Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by nnaetobi(m): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:
Its no more a secret that a Rebellious group in Southeast called IPOB are tooling for war against other tribes and against some Igbos who don't believe in their Struggle.

Don't ask me how I knew, the Recorded Audio call has gone viral that even a new born baby knows about it.

So my question goes:

1. Why are igbo Political Leaders quiet about it, are they yet to listen to that 15mins Audio call?

2. What about C A N (Christians Associations of Nigeria) why are they quiet, knowing that igbo youths are massively out for blood, are the Excos of (C A N) still writing their speech?

3. Why has Atiku and the PDP decided to ignore that horrible Audio? Have they not listened to it yet? Was Nnamdi Kanu speaking French in the Recorded Audio call? Because as far as I know, Kanu spoke English all through the Audio.

While I await answers to these daring questions, I would like to let the Ohaneze Ndigbo know that Igbos are sitting on a time bomb ticking to blow in seconds.

Question: Who owns most Plazas and Business empires in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja, Sokoto, Plateau, etc?

Questions: Who owns most Estates, Companies and Private properties in Lagos and Abuja?

Question: Who will cry when Yorubas or Hausas decide to retaliate or defend themselves?

You want to destroy Tinubu and other Southwest Politicians but people like Theodore Orji, James Ibori, Diezani, Patience Jonathan, Peter Obi, Okezie Ikpeazu and many other igbo Politicians are dealing with you severely, they are toiling with your future.

Yet, your Problem is Tinubu and Lagos, same Lagos you run to, for Assylum just to be safe from your wicked Governors in the poverty ravaged Southeast? Is that not madness?

When are you going to attack your mishevious Politicians and deal with Leaders there in the Southeast?

let thunder from heaven strike you.Amen
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Besk: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
BonaMagnate:
People have been pushed so hard against the wall; for years their groans and pains only appeared to be signs of the politicians and security forces thinking they're mini-gods. Now its the clouds that have been building up have given up it's waters.

You are a liar. It is not the people, it is planned with by IPOB people to destabilise and burn down Nigeria and burn down anybody that is not Igbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpomVzwUr7Y
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Kwili: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

shut up there. ur mumu nah generational.
my question is
how did they know that d hoodlum were IPOB?
they just wanted to drag IPOB into their madness.
the south has decided to unite against u Fulani terrorists from futa jallon.
igbos are brave and if u try shit, what has been cooking for long will b served to u.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by sonofElElyon: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2020
only length

stanliwise:

stanliwise:

stanliwise:

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Omezif(m): 9:46am On Oct 23, 2020
i said it, crimimals are the ones protesting not peaceful protesters.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by unshakablejihad: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

slowpoke, so ibori,diezani nd patience na igbo pple u are jst a fool nd u will die a fool.ur illiterate brodas are destroying ur properties nd u are blaming the igbos for ur woes ur idiocy has na bound nd i pray u dnt breed another set of miscreant into d society.

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by michoim(m): 9:47am On Oct 23, 2020
We all know that IPOB is behind the so-called protest, with their collaborators from nollywood...nollywood and some so called insensitive men of God is becoming the greatest undoing of the Nigeria state. But this also shall pass.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Wantedmiller: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2020
BonaMagnate:
People have been pushed so hard against the wall; for years their groans and pains only appeared to be signs of the politicians and security forces thinking they're mini-gods. Now its the clouds that have been building up have given up it's waters.

Baba....this one is not people again! they are criminals now

the real protest is over!
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Uchasa(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Rivers state is not part of Biafra. Igbos should leave Rivers state alone.

Our peaceful Rivers state, Igbos are the once causing troubles in our beloved Rivers state.

Very soon, Igbos will see that trouble they looking for.

I am also from Rivers, and I'm not in support of IPOB, but forget Oyigbo, they are the most pro Biafra local government area in Rivers, as Pro Biafra as Aba, and it's really painful that they have decided to tow a secessionist part! Anyways they are the only LGA in Rivers that has openly declared to be part of Igbos, so I'm not surprised!
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by big7: 9:51am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

divide and rule tactics by the north to continue dominating and enslaving us here in the south in collaboration is a very unfortunate thing...we youth in the south holds ourselves the responsibility to remain united as they know a united south will bring an end to norther domination down here...we need to be smart and focus in this struggle together to gain total and absolute freedom from this lot....a united south is a prosperous south
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by EagleNest(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2020
SegFault:

What about edo? This madness was bound to happen so stop with all this crap about Tuesday night, when hoodlums join you for a peaceful protest do you expect the protest to remain peaceful, we failed woefully and I advise all who want to make these our leaders sit up or get out to swallow the Hard Rock and choose leaders of our cause so that we can fight these idiots, we've lost for now.

There was no violence for the first 12 days the protest existed, that doesn't mean these hoodlums were not lurking at the corner. The risk to derail it has been there, not until Tuesday when an ill advised and unconventional method of handling protesters was used. That single decision has negatively changed the course of the whole thing and brought Nigeria govt to whole world as insensitive. Till today, no one have taken responsibility of sending Soldiers to use live bullets on Nigeria unarmed citizens. That should be more worrying, to avoid repeat.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by potent5(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2020
Keep on masturbating over the Igbos. Your Cowardly mentality will not allow you to face your real enemies in the noorth. You are not ashamed that the foolanis sent their army to kill people in your state, denied your governor access to the the president when he wanted to complain about it and if that was not enough, they denied that the killings ever took place.

You are a part of a Wasted generation.
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by lordprogress: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

finally you be fool tribalism go kill Una for this country
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

Lol.... BMC
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

Just leave them. Time will tell.

You deserve 17 male cows for this post

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by shagasha: 10:06am On Oct 23, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry let stop this for now like a month and watch the government,, if dem no do wetin we want then we move to abuja and destroy anything, abuja is the main target

We don't need to destroy anything... All we need to do is Occupy the National Assembly till Buhari is impeached
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by princessConfy(f): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
Just leave them. Time will tell.

You deserve 17 male cows for this post

I think you should hide your face in shame.
According to you " Strangers came to your house, beat you and loot your properties". cry me a river
#ENDSARS#
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

You're indeed a senseless goat.

I wish to meet you on the streets of Lagos.

Unfortunately you're from Kano. A terrorist for that matter propagating division amongst the southern Nigerians.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by lomprico(m): 10:13am On Oct 23, 2020
they just want to rope ipob into this whole mess.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by DragonFire433: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2020
stanliwise:

Exactly,

This is what to expect when a deaf President refuse to attend quickly to the cry of the masses that were protesting peacefully

Don’t be surprised if the Niger Delta Avengers spring up again and start blowing up pipelines.

When you push a goat to the wall, then you would discover that he has teeth to bite.

Since Buhari is deaf, is Osibanjo that claims to be a pastor also deaf ?

A Failed government can only produce a failed state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Killed & Sacrificed To Gods In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Follow Up: Nigerian Locked Up for the Case of Rape —The Walk, The End. / Suspected Yahoo Boys Show Off Their Charm & Workstation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.