Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja (55275 Views)

Five Killed In Anambra As Troops Repel Unknown Gunmen Attack / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by princemartinsG(m): 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Ha ha ha
At least we are beginning to find out the source of our problems

SARS, POLICE, NNPC, ARMY, COURTS, SENATE etc are not our problem

Our problem is the Nigerians who work here and abuse the offices

Many of us are worse than those we complain about

VOTE FOR A PARADIGM CHANGE

Amotolongbo:
The fact is that many of the Nigerian youths are worse than the police and sars we are clamoring to end.

What am I even saying self?
The SARS victimizing us and Police brutalizing us are composed of the same Nigerian youths
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by HomeOfMe(f): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
Cutezt:
Hoodlums have reportedly been trying to break into Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos according to reports from multiple online sources.

The country has been thrown into complete disarray with hoodlums breaking into multiple supermarkets, homes, and offices nationwide.

Another set of hoodlums have reportedly tried to forcefully enter Computer Village. It took the combined efforts of good people, the army, and the task force to repel the thugs as they have vowed to not back down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOA0G1Lke14
There's curfew in the state and these ones still have to boldness to go and destroy properties and people's hard earned money? There's no way police doesn't have a hand in this;there're working hand in hand..�
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by HomeOfMe(f): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
tigoba:
These are the youths that called for police reforms. These

are political thugs following orders.
I totally disagree! The youths that called for police reform protested on the streets of Nigeria. In Lagos especially,after each day,they cleaned up the streets,while these ones were lurking around smoking weed and waiting for their politician gods to send them on errands�
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by mamotalk: 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
hope folks who're happy on Wednesday are still okay with display from the thugs?

2 Likes

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by uchrikk(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
Here, we choose between the devil and the deep blue sea; between SWAT and hoodlums. The choice is yours.

3 Likes

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by airoport: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
Omoslim26:
Stop calling these bastards hoodlums they are CRIMINALS
the peaceful protesters are at home planning on wat next to do

shoot these gaddamned bastards on sight already
They are also protesters! VIOLENT PROTESTERS! They view anyone who has more than them an enemy. What is playing out is Class war. They hear about the billions everyday and yet can't partake. They are jostling for their share, they don't care whether you label them criminals or not. So, civil law and order must be enforced. Police should not shy away from their duty due to the bashing they have gotten these past 2 weeks. They can redeem their image by professional dischage of their duty.
What do think is the origin of Boko Haram, before it became a political tool?

3 Likes

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by tigoba: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2020
HomeOfMe:
I totally disagree! The youths that called for police reform protested on the streets of Nigeria. In Lagos especially,after each day,they cleaned up the streets,while these ones were lurking around smoking weed and waiting for their politician gods to send them on errands�
I agree with you sister. But they were also amongst the peaceful protesters at a time waiting for the right time to strike.

1 Like

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Seun360(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
Osyxcel:

That's why only people of credible character should be employed into the Police Force with measures put in place to remove unscrupulous elements from the system.

As for the hoodlums, I'm not surprised. It has always been a time bomb waiting to explode. There's hardly any area in Lagos where you won't find jobless street urchins. They feel oppressed by those who are doing just okay and those who are well-to-do. The politicians are comfortable with their situation because they use them during elections for their dirty works.

There's a lot of work to be done urgently to rehabilitate and engage these youths because they'll still be a problem in the future.

Well said, from day one, I knew the protest will be hijacked and these hoodlums will always capitalize on it.

1 Like

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by HomeOfMe(f): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
tigoba:
I agree with you sister. But they were also amongst the peaceful protesters at a time waiting for the right time to strike.
They later infiltrated the protesters. We saw how they used govt SUVs to pick up thugs both in Abuja and Lagos�
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by puremaker7(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
Skyfornia:

The difference is police are supposed to be trained..
oh they are supposed to be trained to rob abi
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by splendour7(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
One Million Boys And Adeyinka Grandsons Miscreants On The Rampage Trying To Vandalize Igbo Assets In Lagos.....Shoot At Sight To Any Hoodlum Trying To Steal Peoples Hard Earn Wealth.

1 Like

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by phransix2: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2020
mascot87:

Kill them please

It might be reported falsely by the media
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by sammirano3: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
The Police should allow the hoodlums, let them finish what they've started. NNANDI KANU sent IPOB to destroy and loot stores in Lagos. Most of the Stores in Computer village belongs to Nnandi Kanu's Brothers. It will be a case of THE HUNTER BECOMES THE HUNTER. grin grin grin grin grin

I tell you. They will still enter because the igbos started this. The boys are still going to alaba international. Wicked igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Bahamas95(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
This rubbish can no longer be tolerated. They should be shot at sight.

You can't just turn someone who has been hustling for years to square zero overnight cos of wickedness and jealousy....This isn't part of the protest, they are thieves.
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Heavensent01(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2020
Igbo people should be proud of them, go on boys invade and steal all their properties, people wey go return back to southeast through pmt na dem go plenty most

I think they love the burning right? we warned these naive people the consequences of escalating this protest
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Carloslehder: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Anybody caught looting should be killed on spot
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by MichaelDuf: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Dont let Yoruba boys steal your computers
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by pacespot(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The Police training school can only train the physical and mental ability, they can’t raise the moral standard of the trainee.

Anyone who is not morally upright can’t be trained morally by the Police training school, he can only train himself.

Another problem is the immorality you have to pass through to obtain the form and finally taken by the force

Thank you, same problem is currently going on in Fagba area of Lagos where the yoruba and hausas are in tribal loggerhead, hausas are looting people's properties and burning business places. The residents are calling for police and SARS to come to their rescue. The same SARS we are fighting to end, imagine the shame. Nigerians take advantage of everything for their selfish gain. If care is not taken, we will soon be begging SARS to save us from these hoodlums.

1 Like

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by totit: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Bkayyy:
Are these people starting to target Igbo businesses?
Nna eh, uche anyị kwesikanụ ịdị n'ihe a oh. Onye anyị na ya so achụ nta na achozikwa isi na ụkwụ anyị dịka ụkwụ anụ.
Umu Igbo tetakwa nụ oh. Ndị ofe mmanụ a abụrọ kwa ndị eji eme ebe mgbado ụkwụ

Wicked soul. All of a sudden yoruba are now your enemy? I warned my people.

I quote and translate you;

Father eh, our attention should be on this oh. Our hunting partner also wanted our heads and feet like meat legs.
Umu Igbo woke up and heard oh. These oil soups are also used as a base

1 Like

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by vince49: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Osyxcel:

That's why only people of credible character should be employed into the Police Force with measures put in place to remove unscrupulous elements from the system.

As for the hoodlums, I'm not surprised. It has always been a time bomb waiting to explode. There's hardly any area in Lagos where you won't find jobless street urchins. They feel oppressed by those who are doing just okay and those who are well-to-do. The politicians are comfortable with their situation because they use them during elections for their dirty works.

There's a lot of work to be done urgently to rehabilitate and engage these youths because they'll still be a problem in the future.

I agree with some points u raised, but some Yoruba or Lagos youths are just touts waiting to be used by politicians during elections.

how can you rehabilitate someone who just wants to get rich quick without working for it.

how can rehabilitate someone who is always seen at alcohol spot almost every morning while his or her peers are at work hustling for daily bread.

The crimes rate in Lagos can be compared to any other state in Nigeria, from yahoo boys to house burglars using charms to subjects their victim to deep sleep or unconscious while the chart away valuables or properties they can find.

So you blame government for someone who is unwilling to change his or her personality.

one thing with street urchins is that u find them in every country of the world, so stop ur accusations against a government that is trying hard to sanitize a corrupt system.
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by FuckOsuPigs: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The fact is that many of the Nigerian youths are worse than the police and sars we are clamoring to end.

The SARS victimizing us and Police brutalizing us are composed of the same Nigerian youths

Double standard. Y'all hailed the looting and destruction of Tinubu's properties. The people who destroyed TVC and The Nation Newspapers are at liberty to go elsewhere nah, since they have y'all support.

I'm sure we have people in computer village who supported the destruction of Tinubu's property.

What is good for Greece is also good for Uganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Besk: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Cutezt:

It's like one of the soldier's bullets at toll gate has scraped your brain off, how is what is verified news with video backing fake? or is it photoshopped as your police spokesperson said?

Anyways, I think it should be shoot on sight now as no responsible person, or any #ENDSARS protester will be looting, so I will urge the military to shoot on sight, these hoodlums are out for their own selfish gains and do not even understand what the youths are fighting for, I will not waste my RIP on anyone killed while trying to loot.

So they should shoot on sight now that it is Igbo people’s property and livelihood that is almost being attacked? What a world! Just two days ago, you were celebrating the burning of private people’s property and the means of livelihood of many ordinary people on the streets.

I pray against it but it’ll be difficult for there not to be serious reprisals against the Igbo and their interests in Lagos.
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by geezynoni: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Awon Ole Fe lo ji phone
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Basicend: 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Acidosis:

If you're still thinking about starting a business in Lagos, time to rethink your decision o.

These miscreants are not going to change. The only way is to send them out of Lagos like I suggested in one of my previous posts. No other way!

Insurance is the way.
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Osyxcel(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
vince49:

I agree with some points u raised, but some Yoruba or Lagos youths are just touts waiting to be used by politicians during elections.

how can you rehabilitate someone who just wants to get rich quick without working for it.

how can rehabilitate someone who is always seen at alcohol spot almost every morning while his or her peers are at work hustling for daily bread.

The crimes rate in Lagos can be compared to any other state in Nigeria, from yahoo boys to house burglars using charms to subjects their victim to deep sleep or unconscious while the chart away valuables or properties they can find.

So you blame government for someone who is unwilling to change his or her personality.

one thing with street urchins is that u find them in every country of the world, so stop ur accusations against a government that is trying hard to sanitize a corrupt system.

It's like you don't know the number of street urchins in Lagos. If you do, you won't write what you did above.

Some of these street urchins/touts have some level of education, but their orientation is bad.

Rehabilitate and provide jobs for them, monitor them and let them know that once they commit a crime, they will be apprehended, prosecuted and sent to jail.
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Ezmans: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:

mc oluomo boys on rampage
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Tedpgrass: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
phransix2:
They have been trying for 3 days now to loot computer village, knowing the worth of phones and gadgets in those shops. We also have been keeping vigil and the men are trying not to start a war here too that's why rounds are shot into the air and not aimed at them.

Is Looting part of the protest?

Thanks for the update..
Wish you and your comrades well

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
When TVC and The nation were being burnt, you people did not ask security operatives to shoot at sight; now it the turn if Computer Village, they can do that. I am beginning to suspect a particular ethnic group is behind the destructions we have witnessed so far.

I can now boldly say Yoruba R'onu!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by fanaticf: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
These are thieves, not Protesters
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by oforjide: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
It shall never be well with tinubu
Re: Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Security will be eager to shoot unarmed protester, but to shoot the hoodlums u will not see them. There is high probability that these thugs and hoodlums are working with the security for the govt
Finding all means to cover up misdeeds angry

We don choose btw GEJ & PMB

We must choose btw SWAT & Hoodlums now cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Who Killed Wife A Month After Wedding, Sentenced To Death / Gunmen Assassinate Groom & His Son On His Wedding Day In Delta State / Emir Of Katsina Marries 14-Year-Old Kidnapped Christian Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.