Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (563 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by kay29000(m): 12:09am On Mar 10, 2011
Yeah, i am back again on this lovely day- the remembrance of the death of The Notorious B.I.G, who was murdered on this day in 1997. A moment of silence for biggie, but the reason why i am hear today is to do a round down of all the rap albums on the billboard charts this week.

The first one up is Niki Minaj's debut, PINK FIRDAY, which sold 29,000 copies this week, bringing the total sales of the album to 1,189,000.

Eminem is up next with his comeback from Relapse, RECOVERY. The album of the year for 2010- or maybe a tie with Rick Ross's TEFLON DON (based solely on overall success, and not lyrically skills displayed on the album). Eminem's 6th album sold 27,000 copies this week. The album is now at a total sales of 3,695,000 copies sold. It is moving gradually to being certified 4X platinum in the U.S alone.

My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy from Kanye West is next on the charts with 14,000 copies sold, and a total of 1,062,000. I think the sales of this album is going to start rising very soon. As soon as his new single from the album- ALL OF THE LIGHTS, starts getting the recognition it deserves, it would have people going back to the store to pick up that album. I think the "all of the lights" single, which features Rihanna and Kid Cudi is just brilliant.

Lil wayne's I AM NOT A HUMAN BEING EP sold 12k this week, with total now at 796,000. T.I's "No Mercy" album sold 14k this week, with total at 784,000. Flokavelli from Wacka Flocka Flame sold 7,400 copies this week, and is now at a total of 217,000 copies. Nelly is at a total of 246,000 copies sold so far of his 5.0 Album, and he sold 5,100 copies this week. The Greatest Story Never Told by SAIGON sold 3,300 this week, and now at a total of 19,000.

(1) (Reply)

Music Promotions! Best Offer: / Warning: This Song Is Liable To Make You Kolo! / African Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.