Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account (1321 Views)

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2020
We are in a dilemma on what to do as my wife mistakenly made an ATM transfer of N160, 000 to a Wrong bank account from her First Bank account on Friday. Having realised the error, we went to First Bank yesterday, Monday, being the next working day to lodge a complain. They made their findings there on their system and realized truly the money was not sent to the intended UBA account but to an FCMB account. They now told us to come back today to receive feedback as they will forward a mail to their head office in Lagos so they will be able to access the FCMB account information the money was sent to.

But surprisingly on going there today, Tuesday, they informed us the mail they sent to the head office has not been replied and that it is unlikely it will be replied anytime soon cos according to them, it appears that the head office desk has a lot on their hands. And that without the information they will not be able to contact FCMB for the matter to be resolved.

Kindly assist with the next line of action we should take. Thanks
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Johnrake69: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2020
Follow them up on Twitter

1 Like

Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by MickzyDonald: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2020
That's the problem with Nigerian Banks, something that should be done within minutes they will be prolonging it.....Send them tons of emails,make complaints on twitter so the could easily help you out,and try out their customer service also....I pray they help you out
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2020
MickzyDonald:
That's the problem with Nigerian Banks, something that should be done within minutes they will be prolonging it.....Send them tons of emails,make complaints on twitter so the could easily help you out,and try out their customer service also....I pray they help you out

We'll Do that. Cos their body language at the branch was plainly that they were not willing to assist us recover the money.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by MickzyDonald: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
We'll Do that. Cos their body language at the branch was plainly that they were not willing to assist us recover the money.
Mind you when you are about to tweet them,just tag all the influential people on twitter tag bbc,cnn,even trump sef so they will know you are serious with them and let them know the amount of customers that will back down from them if they are not willing to help their customers out
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Mind you when you are about to tweet them,just tag all the influential people on twitter tag bbc,cnn,even trump sef so they will know you are serious with them and let them know the amount of customers that will back down from them if they are not willing to help their customers out
Ok I'll do that thanks grin
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kobicove(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
Ok I'll do that thanks grin

The first thing you have to reaslise is that First Bank Limited really does not owe you a duty of care in this instance since the mistake is not theirs therefore going to call them out on social media may be counterproductive.

Here is what you need to do...

Since you already know the number and you know the bank FCMB, put in the info in your banking app and pretend you want to transfer money to that account it will bring out the name of the account holder.

Use the name to search for the person on Facebook and LinkedIn then tell him or her what happened and request a refund.

If the person refuses to return the money, write a petition to FCMB including all details of the transfer including a copy of your wife's bank statement and take it physically to the head office of FCMB on Marina and request that they put a lien on the account.

You must act very fast, time is not on your side!

Good luck

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by NiceMen: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
We are in a dilemma on what to do as my wife mistakenly made an ATM transfer of N160, 000 to a Wrong bank account from her First Bank account on Friday. Having realised the error, we went to First Bank yesterday, Monday, being the next working day to lodge a complain. They made their findings there on their system and realized truly the money was not sent to the intended UBA account but to an FCMB account. They now told us to come back today to receive feedback as they will forward a mail to their head office in Lagos so they will be able to access the FCMB account information the money was sent to.

But surprisingly on going there today, Tuesday, they informed us the mail they sent to the head office has not been replied and that it is unlikely it will be replied anytime soon cos according to them, it appears that the head office desk has a lot on their hands. And that without the information they will not be able to contact FCMB for the matter to be resolved.

Kindly assist with the next line of action we should take. Thanks

Write an email to them to come complaint, include sending and receiving account and also include CBN for swift response.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kobicove:

The first thing you have to reaslise is that First Bank Limited really does not owe you a duty of care in this instance since the mistake is not theirs therefore going to call them out on social media may be counterproductive.

Here is what you need to do...

Since you already know the number and you know the bank FCMB, put in the info in your banking app and pretend you want to transfer money to that account it will bring out the name of the account holder.

Use the name to search for the person on Facebook and LinkedIn then tell him or her what happened and request a refund.

If the person refuses to return the money, write a petition to FCMB including all details of the transfer including a copy of your wife's bank statement and take it physically to the head office of FCMB on Marina and request that they put a lien on the account.

You must act very fast, time is not on your side!

Good luck
The problem is that we don't have the account number. All they told us was that the money was delivered to an FCMB account.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
NiceMen:

Write an email to them to come complaint, include sending and receiving account and also include CBN for swift response.
The issue we are having is that we do not have the account number of the receiver. All what we were able to find out is that the money was mistakenly sent to an FCMB account.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
The FCMB account number must have an Account name. And you can try contact the person on facebook
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
The FCMB account number must have an Account name. And you can try contact the person on facebook
You don't get it. All what First Bank is telling us is that the money was delivered to an FCMB account. That they need to contact their head office to be able to get the account number.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by quinox947: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
The problem is that we don't have the account number. All they told us was that the money was delivered to an FCMB account.
Get your wife's statement of account from her bank and you will be able to get the account number and the holder
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
quinox947:
Get your wife's statement of account from her bank and you will be able to get the account number and the holder
It doesnt show account number in full.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by kingreign(m): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kingdemu:
It doesnt show account number in full.
Go to your wife's bank, ask the Customer care to print that exact transaction in full. It will contain the details of the FCMB account holder, from there get in contact with the person via social media or thru his/her bank.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by pepuson: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
God has used your wife to blessed that person with 160k. If you know what is good for you, don't do anything to reverse it.

I would advice you to count your losses, pick up the pieces and move on. You shall receive your reward in heaven.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
kingreign:

Go to your wife's bank, ask the Customer care to print that exact transaction in full. It will contain the details of the FCMB account holder, from there get in contact with the person via social media or thru his/her bank.
Ok'll do that. Thanks.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by kingreign(m): 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
pepuson:
God has used your wife to blessed that person with 160k. If you know what is good for you, don't do anything to reverse it.

I would advice you to count your losses, pick up the pieces and move on. You shall receive your reward in heaven.

Hand suppose touch you for this thing you yarn.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
kingreign:

Hand suppose touch you for this thing you yarn.
This shall be how I'll greet him if I should see him

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by CaptMarvel(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
How did ur wife transfer money to an account she can't recollect.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
CaptMarvel:
How did ur wife transfer money to an account she can't recollect.
I think she missed a digit or two
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by osatohan: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
All this are cock and bull story in the first place does firstbank and fcmb account look alike how on earth can she made that mistake cos there is an option of confirmation before send they should go and sit down
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Kingdemu: 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
osatohan:
All this are cock and bull story in the first place does firstbank and fcmb account look alike how on earth can she made that mistake cos there is an option of confirmation before send they should go and sit down
We'll, since no one here is responsible for your poor reading comprehension, so, yes, you are right sir.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by NiceMen: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kingdemu:
The issue we are having is that we do not have the account number of the receiver. All what we were able to find out is that the money was mistakenly sent to an FCMB account.
don't you have internet banking? This can easily be resolved just by logging into your internet bank dashboard and trace it from the transaction dashboard from the date it was sent.
Re: My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account by Praktikals(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
Maybe the wrong recipient has been praying for divine palliative

(1) (Reply)

.........SHOW YOUR DASHBOARD....AND CHOP 2K / AIM Global Has Launched Economy Designer 3.0 - Another New Compensation Plan / Is Internet Marketing A Myth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.