Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame (17775 Views)

"Blame No One But Yourself" - BUA Replies Dangote In Explosive Letter / My Wife Mistakenly Sent Money To A Wrong Bank Account / Wrong Bank Transaction, How Can I reverse it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2023
Without much epistle, So I sent a wrong account no.,a correct Bank name and account name to a friend who I was expecting some funds from.

No he copied the acct no. And sent the money (to another person, the wrong acct. No. I provided)....

Now we had a discussion which lead to analysing the situation and I told him we both have blames on this transaction, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his fault.

Now the main question is
If you sent money to a wrong bank acct, who is to blame

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by garriAndsugar: 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blame the money for going to the wrong account

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by DiskJokeyManic: 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Penboy: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2023
Blame the bank for processing the transaction.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by spiSeyi: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2023
The sender

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by tunjijones(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by bigdammyj: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
Reading...
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Fattycheque: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
Shey na wu to blame, go prvide the mney back?...Mumu talk... it's better u drop all this mumu question for 2023...

48 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Bluezy13(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
The sender.

This is because before the sender authorized the transaction, a name was displayed which did not tally with the one intended but he went ahead to authorize it.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by palpablegist: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Blame the money for going to the wrong account
Simple!!

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by taiwotimitt: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
The sender 100%. But before I make any transaction, I always check carefully.
The money in not much, so wastage should be avoided by doing wrong transfer.
If someone mistakenly send you money, always send their money back to them

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Eazie351(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Hope it’s 25k? So we can say someone anonymously received the “renewed hope” credit alert

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by mkoabiola: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ur eyes blind

What about d name

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by dejavuh0007(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
The blame is all yours.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by opera1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2023
Mistake could occur on the part of the sender but there should be a means of reversing it easily so far you have a genuine evidence.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
Both of you are to blame, but somehow the sender has the higher blame because he/she should have verify the account name that appeared with the provided name.

That is why I don't attend to people that provide a account details without name, except I personally know the person by his/her full name, that way I can easily verify.

12 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by BananaPeel(m): 2:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:
Without much epistle, So I sent a wrong account no.,a correct Bank name and account name to a friend who I was expecting some funds from.

No he copied the acct no. And sent the money (to another person, the wrong acct. No. I provided)....

Now we had a discussion which lead to analysing the situation and I told him we both have blames on this transaction, but he doesn't want to acknowledge his fault.

Now the main question is

Did he not see the name is different from what you sent?
He should have called you when he saw a different name.

6 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Adebaba1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
both of you at fault
despite the measures banks put to avoid this kind of situations, people will still mess up

in as much OP is at fault of sending wrong account details
the sender should have confirmed with OP if it is the desired account especially when the account name doesn't correspond with the OP's name

14 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Sirseedorf(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
I woke up exactly about 6:30pm last Tuesday, my aim is to make a transfer to my other account for withdrawal, because I don't use atm on the main account. But unfortunately for me I transferred the money to an unknown account with a name am not familiar with, how i made that mistake was beyond my comprehension, me holding my phone and punching my transfer pin then I saw a debited message from my account to an unknown account. I was not myself through out the whole night, in fact I wish I can flog myself, but then maybe I was hallucinating during the time of the transaction.

8 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by jaxxy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Now the main question is

the blame is more on u who couldn't handle a basic request of send ur aza.

Ur friend wouldn't think u would not know ur own acc no or make such an error so he may just send without crosschecking for ur name since its copy and paste.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Hezzyluv: 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
The person who gave the account number.

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Kingpele(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
U ofcourse...when u give someone your AZA ...make sure your gave out your full name , and write your account number clearly to avoid the sender entering wrong numbers ...

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by rattlesnake(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
odumeje bahose

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
The more guys are fighting over who is at fault the more the money is becoming irredeemable

U failed to send your correct account details and you are now blaming the other person for the error you made first

Your case is like super eagle that will also fail to qualify but will be hoping the other team loses or draw for them to qualify

When doing transfer the number one important thing is that the account number is correct second level verification is the name (in this case you gave a wrong number) to him the number he sent the money is the number you sent to him

8 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by FireUpNow(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
The sender if the receiver provided the right account details. Also the receiver gts the blame if he sent wrong info to the sender.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Mhizzard(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Of course The guy that made the transaction.didn't he check the name of the account name that pop up after he pasted the account no whether it is correlate with the the one you sent to him?

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Originalsly: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
How can there even be a discussion as to whose fault is it? Who made the mistake ... you or he? I'm curious to know why he should have any blame. What did he do wrong or should've done differently? Ab3g.... let us hear your argument.
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by Matix222: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Blame your papa
Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by personal59: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Government

Before you castigate me, please hear me out.

Mistakes are normal for humans to make but if the government strengthens our financial institutions there won't be someone taking someone else money and spending it comfortably.

In Europe for instance all you need to do is contact your bank and they do the rest the wrong receiver would not even spend it because he or she is scared of the fact that you can not run away your details are linked everywhere from your health to your bank to your address to your shopping and so on.

If the government is serious everybody will know.

They are more greedy than us but the system is well-covered against all this.

Mind you they create a loophole for Yahoo Boy to steal so they can also steal in manifold and Blame it on international syndicate.

Also, in Europe, you must input the receiver's full name and the account number it's all to prevent stuff like this as it will match it or tell you the problem if it's not correct. Just to prevent it and if it still happens all you need to do is contact them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame by OmaAlumagidi: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
The blame is yours,you should have checked the account number very well before you send it to the person

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Global Scam Called Omegapro / Have You Heard About Qunqun? Learn How To Make Money / Transportation Business In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.