Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer (897 Views)

I Will Be Empowering A Nairaland Member In His Cassava Processing Business / Farmer Achieves 8 Metric Tonnes/80bags Of Maize Per Hectare / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by ublight: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
hello all, thank u for all the knowledge u share on this forum, and for the ones u are yet to share. Pls help me out

early this year, i had abt 400k which i had saved since mid 2017. I had plans to start a poultry so i used abt 200k to construct a poultry with plans to use the remaining 200 to rear birds.

Boom corona virus came and the price of birds went up. I decided to be calm and wait for things to settle. While waiting, i stumbled upon okoroemeka cukes thread, i then wanted to try cucumber.
I called ideepaul who happens to be in akwa ibom too, the guy was cool and encouraging. Only issue was gettin a secure land. I could not, and i still have not gotten one.
No money was comin in, so i began to tamper the cash little by little. Now i have 130k left.
Should i invest in cassava or invest in the broiler. I dont want to finish d moni. And i want an investment that is somehow safe. I know how i hustle d moni keep

tnx for all d input.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by RedPhoenix: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
Sorry
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by ublight: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2020
cc.

Farmerakinloye
Farmtech

pavore9

lesgupnigeria

mddarah84
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by muller101(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
you have constructed the poultry already. find all possible means to make use of it pls.

1 Like

Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by illicit(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Rabbit farming.... ask about it.

1 Like

Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by FarmTech(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
I can only suggest u go into safer crop farming like cassava, sweet potato or cocoyam. But first, check the market to see price trends and ppant in the rainy season. If u don't know how to raise birds u will loose the money. I think goat/sheep, local fowls farming will also be OK if they will be safe.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by expliciit: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
The rain is almost gone already planting cassava I think maybe too risky now.Why don’t you go with the poultry?

1 Like

Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by Kenoxman(m): 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
Forget broilers 4 now. The hike in doc,feed,drugs plus the stress...not worth it. Rear local turkey instead and hav peace of mind. But if you must rear chickens go for noilers.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by ublight: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
expliciit:
The rain is almost gone already planting cassava I think maybe too risky now.Why don’t you go with the poultry?

tnx
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by brain54(m): 5:31am On Oct 29, 2020
illicit:
Rabbit farming.... ask about it.
lol...u just wan confuse the guy more.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by J2bagroventures: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
You can use the pen to raise local chicken if you know about it or do sack farming of sweet pepper or tomatoes,at this point you have a tight budget so you need to look into a safe haven.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2020
ublight:
hello all, thank u for all the knowledge u share on this forum, and for the ones u are yet to share. Pls help me out

early this year, i had abt 400k which i had saved since mid 2017. I had plans to start a poultry so i used abt 200k to construct a poultry with plans to use the remaining 200 to rear birds.

Boom corona virus came and the price of birds went up. I decided to be calm and wait for things to settle. While waiting, i stumbled upon okoroemeka cukes thread, i then wanted to try cucumber.
I called ideepaul who happens to be in akwa ibom too, the guy was cool and encouraging. Only issue was gettin a secure land. I could not, and i still have not gotten one.
No money was comin in, so i began to tamper the cash little by little. Now i have 130k left.
Should i invest in cassava or invest in the broiler. I dont want to finish d moni. And i want an investment that is somehow safe. I know how i hustle d moni keep

tnx for all d input.
You cannot invest in cassava at the moment as it's not favorable considering the season.
Nevertheless,you can go with any of those although you need to do a risk analysis and manage them accordingly
Although poultry is kind of risky compare to cassava,and if you are going for cassava,invest in small equipment for processing into garri for better revenue generation.

1 Like

Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by ublight: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

You cannot invest in cassava at the moment as it's not favorable considering the season.
Nevertheless,you can go with any of those although you need to do a risk analysis and manage them accordingly
Although poultry is kind of risky compare to cassava,and if you are going for cassava,invest in small equipment for processing into garri for better revenue generation.

thanks boss.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:03am On Nov 04, 2020
ublight:

thanks boss.
You are welcome
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by Kingnutts(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by ublight: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:
You are welcome
any idea how much those equipment cost?
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by Christistruth00: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Cassava is almost failure proof if you can keep rodents away my mother recently told the story of how she stuck 5 Cassava sticks inside a pile of newly delivered Construction Sand just for the sake of it, she was so surprised it yielded a good harvest and they made Fufu with it.
Re: Dilema Of A Nairaland Farmer by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Christistruth00:

Cassava is almost failure proof if you can keep rodents away my mother recently told the story of how she stuck 5 Cassava sticks inside a pile of newly delivered Construction Sand just for the sake of it, she was so surprised it yielded a good harvest and they made Fufu with it.
Power of nature at work!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rice Sack Printing / Owode Idiroko, Ogun Vs Iseyin, Oke-ogun Area Of Oyo State Which Is Better / What Is The Best Breed Of Goat To Rear In Your Backyard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.