Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Copa America 2007 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Copa America 2007 (7050 Views)

2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Meet Venezuelan TV Girl Who Uses Her BREASTS To Predict Copa America Games / Copa America 2015 : Where To Watch Opening Ceremony Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2007
@ Mukina2,

we're together on this 1 --- ARGENTINAaaaaaaaaaaa grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2007
Riquelme el maestro. Dos metas por riquelme, uno de milito y crespo. Argentina en los cuartos de final. Who can stop them grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2007
Argentina 4 - 2 Colombia

brilliant Riquelme brace - you should see the first, a very languid header you just wouldn't think could ever beat a goalie - that guy really excites me !
Bad news though; Crespo's out injured. might not play in the COPA again but i think they should have just about enough in the tank !

USA 1 - 3 Paraguay

Yanks too young, too inexperienced, made lots of errors in defence and blew loads of goalscoring opportunities!
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2007
I stand to be corrected . . . . . . . .
Who is better than RIQUELME in the world?
This veteran just gets better and better.
He single-handedly destroyed Peru's resistance with 2 goals and an assist to set Messi's goal.
Argentina should win this tournament but i cant wait to see 'em against Brazil.
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 9:51am On Jul 09, 2007
@Jackal

Argentina has all it takes to clinch the title for sure!!! cool

but why this ur obsession for Riquelme sef? undecided

forget Brazil jare . . . .even Robinho has already prepared his consolatory speech when they eventually get thrown out of the tourney tongue grin

but Robinho 2 me is a STAR cheesy
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 10:26am On Jul 09, 2007
My obsession with RIQUELME?
Go and watch last night's match.
This is where i think RIQUELME is better than anyone in his position.
He kept stringing subliminal passes from the blast of the whistle till the final whistle.

His assist to set up Messi's goal is the best goal i've seen this year.
C'mon, 1000 Pirlos lacks the vision Roman Riquelme possessed.
I think he's got a thousand eyes to have seen Messi. The pass was created from his blind side.
ARGENTINA all the way.
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2007
this Riquelme/Pirlo arguement sef undecided

no wonder Riquelme has won all there is to win for Club and country and Pirlo has won nada tongue grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by chuckdee4(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2007
Riquelme/Pirlo argument

i would love to Riquelme in a big European team before i make my judgement, no doubt he's class in S/America and even for Villareal when he felt up to it but i would love to see how he would handle being in a big team like Milan, United or Madrid
Re: Copa America 2007 by topeorekoy(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2007
KITAUN,
u mean the other way round
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2007
Argentina toma otro da un paso para ganar el título con un despliegue magnífico grin. Ellos golpean Perú 4-0 con metas de Riquleme (2), Mascherano y Messi. Check out the goals HERE, fantastico.

Re: Copa America 2007 by viee(f): 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2007
BLOOD OF JESUS!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
dino, wetin u dey speak?? grin grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2007
lol @viee, I'm just expressing my joy in spanish. Don't mind me grin.
Re: Copa America 2007 by viee(f): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Copa America 2007 by jejelolatu(f): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2007
argentina seems to have produced a lot of great players in the past.
riquelme might just be the next
Re: Copa America 2007 by A40(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2007
Riquelme is doing pretty good please i want to see him back in europe so he can prove himself,
still down with MEJICO though
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2007
Riquelme?

gud player! but he's way past making any mark in Europe abeg!

na me send am make hin no play for big team?
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ Kitaun,

Look beyond ur nose.
RIQUELME is not past making a mark in Europe.
PAUL SCHOLES at 33 was the best midfielder in the Premiership last season so it aint about the age.
Should Scholesy decide to return back to the England team Fat Frank Lampard's international career is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Roman Riquelme produces half of what he is playing currently at the COPA AMERICA in Europe then maybe knuckle heads like u will acknowledge he is a brilliant player.
Nobody does it better than him and winning accolades is not a yardstick as far as talent is concerned.
Abedi Pele never went to any world cup nor win African cup of nations but he is regarded as one of the very best in Africa.
Re: Copa America 2007 by jejelolatu(f): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2007
stats or no stats,riquelme is good,moving up and quickly too.

by the way .

argentina
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2007
This is hw u knw hw good a playa is . .  Riquelme plays d game his way. Wether in madrid, boca or tirana. It doesn't matter who his team-mates are, they'll play 2 his dictates. Such playas are unique & don't come 'rnd often

as 4 pirlo, he's good but cannot weild as much influence as riquelme can boast of in a game.
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2007
This is hw u knw hw good a playa is . .  Riquelme plays d game his way. Wether in madrid, boca or tirana. It doesn't matter who his team-mates are, they'll play 2 his dictates. Such playas are unique & don't come 'rnd often

as 4 pirlo, he's good but cannot weild as much influence as riquelme can boast of in a game.
Re: Copa America 2007 by mukina2: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
Mexico and Brazil has been playing cricket these days grin grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2007
So, so un42nate dat argentina & mexico are g'onna come head @ dis stage. A final btwn 'em woulda been a befittin climax!
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2007
@Jackal

Jackal:

@ Kitaun,

If Roman Riquelme produces half of what he is playing currently at the COPA AMERICA in Europe then maybe knuckle heads like u will acknowledge he is a brilliant player.

Nobody does it better than him and winning accolades is not a yardstick as far as talent is concerned.
Abedi Pele never went to any world cup nor win African cup of nations but he is regarded as one of the very best in Africa.

trying to work me up eh undecided @Knucleheads  shocked

your Riquelme would excel in La Liga, and also on the continental stage, but reproducing it when it matters/ed in Europe has been his problem, advise him to come visit Bar Beach and lets do some spiritual cleansing for him tongue

Pirlo in the past few seasons has proven himself to be the best underlying midfielder, he did that in the World Cup, has done it at AC Milan winning trophies here and there

he is arguably the best passer of the ball, very visionary, the maestro of the field, unarguably the best underlying playmaking midfielder in the world, phenomenal in set-pieces, what else do I add?  wink

I expected u to mention George Weah and not Abedi Pele cheesy
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2007
@ Kitaun,

You r a knuckle-head cos ur argument is bland and very blind!!!!!!!!
Pirlo cannot patch on Riquelme's wavelength.
Take Riquelme to any good club and u will feel his wrath.

Pirlo is overrated cos he's lucky enough to play for Italy and AC Milan.
Why should we believe any player not playing in top clubs is not good enough.
C'mon Tevez plays for West Ham. . . . . Is he not good enough.
Tell me any Arsenal player better than Tevez last season? None.

RIQUELME wields influence in any game he plays.
The dude is a genius. He strings passes like constructing a spider-web, he reminds me of SPIDERMAN. grin
Pirlo doesn't have that as he was non-existent against Man United or even Liverpool at the UEFA so what makes him brilliant?
Roman's work-rate is superb and he has got vision and he is IMPERIOUS.
I will rather have a RIQUELME than a thousand Pirlo who is not even as good as Man United's SCHOLESY.
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Jackal

am surprised that u are still as daft as this shocked

Spiderman indeed!!! grin grin

am sure Villareal wasnt a very good team, getting into the Semi-finals of UECL last two seasons undecided THANK GOD FOR THAT PENALTY MISS BY ALMIGHTY RIQUELME JARE grin

WAS TEVEZ BETTER THAN CESC OR EVEN GILBERTO LAST SEASON?

Tevez ended his season on a high, moreso am sure all the reckoning was cos he marred ur league-winning celebrations with that goal of his, but where was he when the Drogbas and Ronaldos of the EPL made their mark from the start of the season undecided

Pirlo, going into the latter stages of the UECL lost some steam agreed, but that was also cos Seedorf stepped up and shouldered more of the responsibilities that would have been shared, now its all about u talking about games he didnt perform, where was Riquelme when he (Pirlo) was busy taking the world by storm, winning Man of the matches awards like no man's bizznizz? tongue

na me send am make hin no get the kain big team luck wey Pirlo get *does playing for Argentina also translating to Riquelme being unlucky*? why did Man Utd not buy him since u guys continue salivating about him? cheesy

I guess ur trip to Asia has led to ur having mental halitosis tongue grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ Kitaun,

like i said, lets put Pirlo in an average side like . . . . . . say Villareal, lets see how well he and the team performs !
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Ruudie

do u remember there was a time they said TH14 couldnt play well anywhere else except in the EPL? making refernce to his failure in the Serie A

[b]WHY THE NOISE NOW[/b]THAT HE HAS LEFT FOR BARCA?

SEE . . any player can play well anywhere, the issue is how does the player modulate his ability with his attitude off and on the field cool cool

@Jackal

did u say Abedi did not win any Nations cup? was he not in the Ghana team that won in 1982? abeg correct urself jare!! wink
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ Kit,

How come u have 2 bulging eyes and u still cannot see.
Cesc Fabregas? A player only managed to score his 1st goal for Arsenal in many years last season.
How many league goals did he score last season with his talents? Please don't even journey that lane.

Tevez single-handedly got West Ham out of relegation waters.
That to me is more than what Drogba or Ronaldo did for their respective clubs.
Tevez rose up to the occasion when all heads were down at West Ham and if Cesc had done the same for Arsenal, u wldn't have copped a fruitless season for 2nd time running.

Now back to earth,
Apart from the fact that Italy won the world cup, Riquelme had a better world cup campaign than Pirlo.
He had more assists and a more domineering influence than the overrated Pirlo shyte.
Riquelme is more an IMPERIOUS player than Pirlo.
He will dictate the play in any match whether u like it or not.
Pirlo does not have that quality and he is overrated cos he plays for a big side in Europe.
Ship Pirlo to Villareal and lets see his brilliance. tongue
Re: Copa America 2007 by t0kunb0(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ seun

mayb u should change d topic to: riqeulme/pirlo: who's a better player

what y'all fink?
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ kitaun,

you're getting it wrong; it ain't just about playing anywhere or somewhere - the point is Pirlo has been playing with Milan for almost forever and we all know the calibre of players he plays with . . . . Riquelme didn't have similar luxury at  Boca and Villareal but he carried those teams and raised their games with his input. if we take pirlo o'utta Milan and put him in Siena, would his play imapct on 'em enuff to make 'em a relative success ?
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ Ruudie,

Please tell Kitaun. . . . . . . .
He seems to have a fixation on Andrea Pirlo.
I dont see anything spectacular in that dude apart from an above average performance @ the world cup.
Re: Copa America 2007 by sage(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2007
Most people in here must be crazy

Kitaun you are so right. I need to give you a high five.

Riquelme can never clean Pirlo's boot. Pirlo is better than any Midfielder in the world, and by some miles IMO

See what watching too much premiership has done to people.

If you guyz did not kiss the premierships ass so much you might have realised that

1 Pirlo's six years in Milan has conicided with the one of the best for years of any Proffesional club in the history of football.

2 Pirlo has won everything to be won in football except 4 two of them. One he will win in December, the other one next summer.

3 Pirlo holds the record for Milan in number of freekicks for a season. Last season he scored Four freekicks in less than 3 months.

4 Pirlo had the highest number of Man of the match awards in the last world cup. I cant remember when last that happed in Morden history.

5 Pirlo singlehandedly carried a group of young kids to a bronze medal position in the olympics

6 Rated so highly by Fifa, Uefa picked him as the obvious candidate for their technical school instructions when it came to passing the ball

7 The whole AC Milan is built to suit Pirlo's style of play Thats the level of his quality.

In the last qualifiers, i was going through player statistics in Eurosport and the average Midfielder in Europe ( Including any midfielder on earth you can think of) had about 45-60 completed passes.

Pirlo had 100  shocked :ocompleted passes and two perfect assists.

People say Kaka shone in that 2005 Champions league. Well 3 accurate and pinpoint passes from Pirlo to a speeding Kaka ( all resulting in goals though one  discounted) was what made that Final what it was/is

DID ANYBODY HERE FOLLOW AC MILANS DOUBLE WINNING SEASON OF 2002-2003 OR THE NEXT YEAR AS THEY ROMPED TO THE SERIA A TITLE?

IM SICK OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PIRLO TALKING TRASH

HE IS MILES AHEAD OF ANY MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD (LIKE HE SHOWED IN THE WORLD CUP).

He had a bad season last year admittedly but Riquelme or anyother person is not fit to clean his boots.

YOU GUYZ SHOULD STOP INSULTING PIRLO ON THIS FORUM.

And keep on kissing the premierships ass and talking trash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm / Where Can I Play Badminton in Lagos? / NFF To Honour Falcons Class Of 1999, Jegede At Aiteo Football Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.