Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,574 members, 7,850,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. (36849 Views)

NANS Knocks ASUU For Joining Strike / Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike / ASUU Unveils UTAS As Alternative To IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by deleo16(m): 12:07am On Oct 29, 2020
faceURfront:
ASUU is only doing FG a favour. The law says FG cannot pay university workers with IPPIS. The FG should have developed a platform to pay vasity workers if she no longer wants to use the one she has been using for years, GFMIS (I hope I got that acronym right). If FG does not want UTAS, let her develop her own new payment software that does not violate the law. Using UTAS is not by force!
which law sir

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Africangiants(m): 1:56am On Oct 29, 2020
ONLINE JOBS: WORK FROM HOME JOBS

This is a new angle to what you had been on the lookout for in making money online. These 9 jobs i stated here are proven and you will be fulfilled doing them from the comfort of your home. CHECK IT OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4UfmGaPbs
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by ityP(m): 3:08am On Oct 29, 2020
bettermike:

The bolded alone has revealed everything I need to know about your political ideology.

If those ones become leaders of this country, the signal their actions will emmit will spell dooom for Nigeria.

I know God will not sit back and allow Nigeria to fall into such hands. I know the God I serve.

Which other doom pass the one we dey so now? Your seeming justification of this administration has revealed everything we need to know about your political ideology. Na una go still put us for problem come 2023, cause unfortunately, your type plenty for streets. Anyone wey think say naija go better never know say una still dey this country. Na who get money to comot for this naija suppose dey do thanksgiving
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by bishopochuko178(m): 3:26am On Oct 29, 2020
FG is right about it, their demands are ridiculous, money-oriented organization, all the universities should pull off the umbrella of ASUU, this one of the corruption problems in Nigeria, looting in different forms... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 29, 2020
deleo16:
which law sir

The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003 (otherwise called the Universities Autonomy Act No. 1, 2007)
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by LINTUNE(m): 5:15am On Oct 29, 2020
Ramsey19:
I don give up on this matter. like FG and ASUU are just toying with our future. A friend(casual worker) called me a lazy ass today coz I av been at home doing nothing all in the name of we will resume very soon. I felt like crying but wetin man go do?
but he told u the bitter truth, unless ur parents are very rich, i see no reason wgy u can't hustle or learn a skill within this period, other than staying at home, doing nothing, still collecting recharge card money from mumsi, all in the name of waiting for school to resume..
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ramsey19: 5:24am On Oct 29, 2020
LINTUNE:
but he told u the bitter truth, unless ur parents are very rich, i see no reason wgy u can't hustle or learn a skill within this period, other than staying at home, doing nothing, still collecting recharge card money from mumsi, all in the name of waiting for school to resume..

Hmmm! I was learning skill initially but I av stopped due to some reasons and I'm still looking for hustle but I haven't seen any.
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by gp6liveth(m): 5:26am On Oct 29, 2020
Bukan20:
ASUU is very stupid, how can a servant tell his master the way he suppose pay him.

what a Bleep?

FG should scrap ASUU

Have you asked yours why is the standard of education in the country very low? Why is the FG not doing enough to make Nigeria public university a world class? Why is the budget for education less than 26% of the total budget as recommended by UNESCO?

The FG is never ready to improve education in Nigeria. ASUU has been the only union fighting for the common man and many Nigerians to get access to affordable education

3 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by gp6liveth(m): 5:27am On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=gp6liveth post=95451313]

FG is not ready to improve the standard of education
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by LINTUNE(m): 5:33am On Oct 29, 2020
Ramsey19:

Hmmm! I was learning skill initially but I av stopped due to some reasons and I'm still looking for hustle but I haven't seen any.
alright, cos this year has ended already, lets pray school resumes on jan, if it doesn't, i propose we student should embark on a serious protest, i suppose to be a graduate of elect eng this year, but hear i am, loosing a complete year in school...
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Alex80s(m): 6:20am On Oct 29, 2020
People condemning ASU should ask FG why they don't want UTAS, according ASU is free. FG wants to compel them into using IPPIS they will spend money on.

Also ask FG why they keep on failing to fulfil the agreement reached after every strike.

Ask FG that brought change mantra why Education budget is still low.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ramsey19: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2020
LINTUNE:
alright, cos this year has ended already, lets pray school resumes on jan, if it doesn't, i propose we student should embark on a serious protest, i suppose to be a graduate of elect eng this year, but hear i am, loosing a complete year in school...

I'm also a finalist and that's why it's paining me so much.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ezenwa12345(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2020
I just wish this strike will continue till I get a certificate in my Web development, UI/UX in APTECH and I also need another certificate too in Human Behavior.... God is just answering my prayers
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Decimus: 7:16am On Oct 29, 2020
Alex80s:
People condemning ASU should ask FG why they don't want UTAS, according ASU is free. FG wants to compel them into using IPPIS they will spend money on.

Also ask FG why they keep on failing to fulfil the agreement reached after every strike.

Ask FG that brought change mantra why Education budget is still low.
Who requested UTAS from ASUU?
So every organizations/MDAs being paid by the FG should all go and develop their own medium of payments too.
It's too late now, FG won't go back on the IPPIS.

Please take note that ASUU didn't embark on strike because of low education budget, they brought this along the line with the talk of revitalization funds to make it seem the strike is not a selfish one.
The IPPIS is very unfavorable to many ASUU members, especially those holding multiple jobs in Federal institutions and getting multiple salaries.

I just hope the FG has stopped the Salaries of all the members of the union 100%, and even those who have enrolled in IPPIS but are staying at home.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Drlateef94: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2020
Doradorwa:
Chill bro embarassed embarassed.... Say no to mental stress... You can still ultilze the time while the strike is ongoing... Perhaps get an exercise book and write stuffs. Poetry, compose music or perhaps learn something new.
my 6th year in the uni.I am at the brink of graduating,I am currently in situation where I need to finish school before I can engage in other things.
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by xilo1717(m): 7:27am On Oct 29, 2020
DaInferno:
... I didn't vote last elections, because I couldn't just vote for Atiku; that man would have sold Nigeria, he made mention of enriching his friends and privatising nnpc during his manifesto, which to some and I inclusive, sounded strange. I understood then that people voted for buhari because Atiku wasn't a saint either, OBJ can testify to that fact first hand. presently, I DNT know what to think no more!

Did we as well consider other parties? Or is this whole power struggle suppose to be for just this two parties ? grin
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Drlateef94: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2020
Ramsey19:

I'm also a finalist and that's why it's paining me so much.
a lot of those kids saying resumption should be next year doesn't know how painful it is to be in ur final year and still being kept at home.it is really frustrating.
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by otokx(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2020
faceURfront:

The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003 (otherwise called the Universities Autonomy Act No. 1, 2007)

This may be untrue, why not go to court?
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by mayor1814: 8:25am On Oct 29, 2020
federal government spends more money with the use of IPPIS. But with UTAS the FG will not spend anything. That is the point ASUU is trying to make all this while. It's so sad that many people do not understand ASUU side of the story.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by mayor1814: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

Who requested UTAS from ASUU?
So every organizations/MDAs being paid by the FG should all go and develop their own medium of payments too.
It's too late now, FG won't go back on the IPPIS.

Please take note that ASUU didn't embark on strike because of low education budget, they brought this along the line with the talk of revitalization funds to make it seem the strike is not a selfish one.
The IPPIS is very unfavorable to many ASUU members, especially those holding multiple jobs in Federal institutions and getting multiple salaries.

I just hope the FG has stopped the Salaries of all the members of the union 100%, and even those who have enrolled in IPPIS but are staying at home.

Lecturing or teaching profession is one of the professions suffering most in this country. for example, how much is the salary of a professor compared to people in oil and gas, banking etc. A senator one month salary can pay the salaries of all professors in a school.

you talking of multiple salaries. it has always been part of the university system worldwide that lecturers are entitled to sabbatical leaves twice. so during the one year period, they are entitled to two salaries. it's not limited to just Nigeria.

another instance, how do you create new dept? do any school just create new dept just like that without any expert coming to help the new dept grow or develop to standard?

we really need to understand the plights of lecturers , we cannot just be blaming them without knowing the full story.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2020
otokx:

This may be untrue, why not go to court?

It is very difficult to wake someone who is pretending to be asleep.

Go to the courts to interprete something that is in black and white? The name of the act even carries the word "autonomy"!

In any case, ASUU has a few LEGAL options which includes striking. If the govt were truely asleep, going to court would have been used to wake them up. Unfortunately, the government is only pretending to be sleeping, going to a court is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Decimus: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2020
mayor1814:

Lecturing or teaching profession is one of the professions suffering most in this country. for example, how much is the salary of a professor compared to people in oil and gas, banking etc. A senator one month salary can pay the salaries of all professors in a school.

you talking of multiple salaries. it has always been part of the university system worldwide that lecturers are entitled to sabbatical leaves twice. so during the one year period, they are entitled to two salaries. it's not limited to just Nigeria.

another instance, how do you create new dept? do any school just create new dept just like that without any expert coming to help the new dept grow or develop to standard?

we really need to understand the plights of lecturers , we cannot just be blaming them without knowing the full story.
payment platform is the bone of contention here.
ASUU should register on the IPPIS, and any lapses noticed there should be rectified.
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Drlateef94:
my 6th year in the uni.I am at the brink of graduating,I am currently in situation where I need to finish school before I can engage in other things.
smiley smileyAll is well sir
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Ice202(m): 10:22am On Oct 29, 2020
University Students should watch this

*CLICK ON THE LINK AND USE MOBILE APP TO SAVE DATA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJ6gI_ntBc

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by Lafrresh: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2020
ASUU AND FG SHOULD RESOLVE THIS ISSUE FAST.
I'M STAYING OF CAMPUS AND THE RENT I PAID FOR THIS WHOLE YEAR IS WASTING BECAUSE I AM NOT STAYING THERE. TO MAKE MATTERS OUR LANDLORD STILL INSISTS ON COLLECTING NEPA BILL REGULARLY undecided
I don't even know what to say but they should just resolve the issue for the sake of we the
students cry
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Bukan20:

How can they be demanding for their own payment mode?

it's a total rubbish so FG needs to dissolve ASUU
IPPIS is a fraud. The government's attention has been drawn to it but they chose to be mute. ASUU will teach them a lesson.

3 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by 198800Mam(m): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2020
SirWarlock:
Scrap ASUU? How? grin.
it is just to proscribe ASUU dats all one state governor in south east ebonyi state I guess did it last week
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by writeprof(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ramsey19:
I don give up on this matter. like FG and ASUU are just toying with our future. A friend(casual worker) called me a lazy ass today coz I av been at home doing nothing all in the name of we will resume very soon. I felt like crying but wetin man go do?

You fit do 2 things! Pray without ceasing! Go and volunteer at least 2 hours of your time to teach in a secondary school close to you!
Re: FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. by vislabraye(m): 6:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Nukilia:
I dont pity ASUU at all... I was surprised to see professors supporting APC during the last election...I now understood the reason why our universities are nothing to write home about.... grin grin grin

When you support someone who doesn't value education to someone who does, that's what you get.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices / Mmesoma Ejikeme Apologises To JAMB / Azeez Ahmad Tijani Breaks University Of Ilorin First-Class Record After 38-Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.