Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,097 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! (2779 Views)

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / Please I Need Help.. Am Going Crazy. / Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Ferlis: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
Good day all. I had to create this account to post this. I need help urgently. PLS I DON'T NEED ANY MONEY. I just need advice and guidance. I'm not myself right now. I'll try to be brief

I turned 27 last week, finished my service in March and work with a private company. I actually started working here after school and 'worked' my posting to serve here and I'm still here. My salary was increased to 200k per month shortly before the lockdown but I'm required to work everyday (mon-sun). No break. Work is going well and I'm okay with the long working hours. No issue

Problem I have is that I'm constantly thinking and worried about my health and future. Nobody except my immediate family is aware that I have a chronic medical condition. I have to inject myself twice daily (morning and night). Sometimes I skip a dose cos I'm fed up but the symptoms become unbearable so I have no choice but to continue with them. Doctors say its hereditary but my parents are fine. Well, my health is not even the issue, I only mentioned it so you'd understand me better

The main problem I have is I constantly feel worthless and depressed. I've been saving since I finished school but only have close to two million naira in savings so far. I tried getting my own apartment but my parents insist it's not wise since my workplace is very close to home and that I shouldn't start incurring so much expenses now

Well, how long will I keep saving before I'm financially stable to afford a good apartment? How long till I'm able to afford a car? Get married and establish my own business?

I'm an introvert and this constant worry has made me withdrawn even more from others. No single friend. I'm even tired of this life. Sometimes I wish I would sleep and wake up a child so I don't have to worry anymore. Other times, I wish I can just sleep and not even wake up.

The least grade I got in school was 'C' which was rare. Mostly 'A' or 'B'. Yet I would constantly cry and feel worse than even those that failed or were going to probate. People hated me for that but it's beyond my control

Let me stop here. Pls, what can I do to be happy and feel good about myself? I'm always worried, sad and frowning my face. Where can I find a therapist, counselor or psychologist cos I feel something is wrong with my brain. It gets so bad I start having intense headaches. Pls I'm tired. I just want this feeling to stop

* Had to modify it to include that I inject myself with humulin 70/30 daily cos I'm diabetic. Type 1
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by bigjackass: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
What is your chronic medical condition that you inject twice daily for

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Firstly what religion do you practice? From the above I can deduce you ain't the praying type cause if you are, then God can heal you. Give God your time bro.

Secondly, Get a friend in whome you can confide. I won't suggest anything cause it seems your working hours get you occupied and with that it's will be hard to leave this introvert nature.

Thirdly, Life is not about cars or renting house have you ever think of investing the money, why not buy a house with that money and from there you can put it on rent, start gathering another money to buy another house from there you will own so many house. If not buy lands and keep.

Lastly if you are less busy go for social gatherings, like gym, cinema, weddings just any place where where people of your caliber meet. But to do this you have to work on your communication skills so that making friends won't be hard.

That's what I can tell you Sir..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by crackhaus: 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
Is it possible that these feelings of depression, worry, and sadness, are just side-effects of the prolonged usage of that drug you've been on?

12 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by jahguide2268(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2020
Op.... If only u know that all your trials and tribulations are just a passing phase to greatness...
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
I think you have an anxiety disorder.

8 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
undecided
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Nicoswit(m): 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
Make a research on Baryta Carbonica
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by mariahAngel(f): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
Have you always felt that way for as long as you can remember?
Or the feeling came after when you became sick?
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Cleanworld(f): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ferlis:
Good day all. I had to create this account to post this. I need help urgently. PLS I DON'T NEED ANY MONEY. I just need advice and guidance. I'm not myself right now. I'll try to be brief

I turned 27 last week, finished my service in March and work with a private company. I actually started working here after school and 'worked' my posting to serve here and I'm still here. My salary was increased to 200k per month shortly before the lockdown but I'm required to work everyday (mon-sun). No break. Work is going well and I'm okay with the long working hours. No issue

Problem I have is that I'm constantly thinking and worried about my health and future. Nobody except my immediate family is aware that I have a chronic medical condition. I have to inject myself twice daily (morning and night). Sometimes I skip a dose cos I'm fed up but the symptoms become unbearable so I have no choice but to continue with them. Doctors say its hereditary but my parents are fine. Well, my health is not even the issue, I only mentioned it so you'd understand me better

The main problem I have is I constantly feel worthless and depressed. I've been saving since I finished school but only have close to two million naira in savings so far. I tried getting my own apartment but my parents insist it's not wise since my workplace is very close to home and that I shouldn't start incurring so much expenses now

Well, how long will I keep saving before I'm financially stable to afford a good apartment? How long till I'm able to afford a car? Get married and establish my own business?

I'm an introvert and this constant worry has made me withdrawn even more from others. No single friend. I'm even tired of this life. Sometimes I wish I would sleep and wake up a child so I don't have to worry anymore. Other times, I wish I can just sleep and not even wake up.

The least grade I got in school was 'C' which was rare. Mostly 'A' or 'B'. Yet I would constantly cry and feel worse than even those that failed or were going to probate. People hated me for that but it's beyond my control

Let me stop here. Pls, what can I do to be happy and feel good about myself? I'm always worried, sad and frowning my face. Where can I find a therapist, counselor or psychologist cos I feel something is wrong with my brain. It gets so bad I start having intense headaches. Pls I'm tired. I just want this feeling to stop

You are slightly depressed. you are a perfectionist and loner but you yearn and crave to be free from 'mental cage.'
You need to reevaluate yourself now and ask yourself these 5 Questions below. You can take 2 weeks off work and travel.. Go and visit old friends that means much to you. Dont expect too much from people and yourself.
Find someone to love...this preoccupy your mind and give something to look forward to

Either you are good or bad
Either you are fine or ugly
Either you rich or poor
Either you nobody or somebody
What you make of your life is what you will take to the grave.

Find happiness at all cost. This what you need now.

Ask yourself questions

Who am I ? (identify yourself)

Where am I from ? (question of heritage)

Why am I here? (question of purpose)

What can I do? (question of potential)

Where am I going? (question of destiny)

#My2Cents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Righteousness89(m): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2020
Simple!
Make JESUS your Friend!
Make JESUS your Lord and Savior!
Make His Word your Guide!
Involve HIM in all aspects and Dealings of your Life!
Pour all your Burdens to Him!
HE will Gladly lift them off you!

Seriously!I Don't Know how People live without GOD!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
[quote author=Ferlis post=95435819]Good day all. I had to create this account to post this. I need help urgently. PLS I DON'T NEED ANY MONEY. I just need advice and guidance. I'm not myself right now. I'll try to be brief

Let me stop here. Pls, what can I do to be happy and feel good about myself? I'm always worried, sad and frowning my face. Where can I find a therapist, counselor or psychologist cos I feel something is wrong with my brain. It gets so bad I start having intense headaches. Pls I'm tired. I just want this feeling to stop. ] Try and get a hobby to stay sane

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by DenreleDave(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
What is ur medicine condition

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by DonroxyII: 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ferlis:

That's the result of work, work and work without play ... Your brain is tired and fatigue ... Get into sport e.g football, gym, swimming , table tennis , long tennis .... Just try to diversify your life .... Also get a female buddy kinda chat mate or male buddy that reason along your philosophy....

you are just lonely ... and your brain is tired of playing with itself ... you need to let yourself out .... visit the beach ... watch the ocean (Pls don't jump inside oo grin) .... Watch people play .... watch children play ... visit the orphanage ... see downtrodden folks ... see kids without home ....

Your brain will be diversified ... release new hormones that will make you feel better !

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by PrinceMo: 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ferlis:

I want to let you know that lots of people pass through depression,anxiety etc as some points in their lives,some choose to dwell in it will some choose to make their way out of it, so don't loose hope.
I believe the best way is to see a qualified therapist,but with the absence of a therapist.....

Here is my advice...
It may not be all you need but I am confident it will be helpful if done properly.

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Make a conscious effort to take control your emotions,it will take time but surely you will start seeing results if done with discipline,the emotions we humans feel and accept is literally one step away from determining how our body & mind reacts.

I believe u know you more than anyone else,try to have conversations with yourself when alone in order to try and understand yourself better, read motivational books, make yourself understand that if there will ever brighter future for you,it's entirely up to you create it,take full responsibility for your future,make yourself understand that sitting down worrying about what the future holds wouldn't make it better,it instead increases the chances of make it worse.
Whenever you feel like such negative emotion is creeping in,be quick to make your stand and ensure you do it with discipline, practice it over and over again and you will start getting used to it.
I might not be able to go into details but you just Google search "Emotional intelligence" or how to control your emotions and learn as much as you can.

MAKE FRIENDS
Try to make new friends both male and females, try to socialize a little more,it will definitely help brighten your mood and in the long term will help you feel less depressed.

BAD HABITS
There might be some bad habits you might be engaging in that is contributing to making you feel the way you feel, ensure to check yourself properly and try to do away with bad habits that has no advantage most especially in the long term.

Hope it helps.
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Janosky: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ferlis:

You don't seem to have time to rest and recharge your battery or have an active social life, connected to real people- family and friends.

You are in a rut, get out of it sharp sharp !
Cultivate friends (you have to be a friend to have a friend).. Participate in hobbies you enjoy.
"Man does not live by bread alone", says your Bible.
"Seek first the kingdom of God and every other things shall be added to you" Matthew 6:3.
Build a close relationship with Jehovah God, your Creator & you shall TESTIFY !!
You can find interesting, uplifting materials on the JW Official website , to help you overcome depression. If you Google " How to overcome depression , JW website".
You must receive valuable information to help you, at no cost.

Shalom

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by pozehnani(f): 12:07am On Oct 29, 2020
First and foremost, your working condition is not healthy for you and it's affecting you. Youay not know it but it is. Been there so o can tell.

Then your medication (even though you didn't state the illness) is also messing with your system cos that is what some long term drugs do. They disrupt your mood and make you confused over time. I'm suspecting its an asthmatic drug. Please be religious with as recommended

Try and see if you can rearrange your working conditions with your coy to at least afford you two days off in a week. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Secondly, book a session with a therapist to get help.

Get a good friend of the opposite sex. not to engage in illicit relationship but someone to go places with and unwind at weekends.

Avoid staying alone all the time.

Start doing these things NOW!
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by AWONEYAN(m): 12:19am On Oct 29, 2020
What you are feeling is emptiness.... satisfaction and fulfilment do not come from fat salary or good grades. But from Jesus.

“I am the sprouting vine and you’re my branches. As you live in union with me as your source, fruitfulness will stream from within you—but when you live separated from me you are powerless. If a person is separated from me, he is discarded; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire to be burned.
John 15:5‭-‬6 TPT
https://bible.com/bible/1849/jhn.15.5-6.TPT

Kindly say this sincere prayer.

"Jesus, IAM helpless, come into my heart. Forgive my sins and make me son by what you did at Calvary.

Then rebuke all the spirit of depression.

Get a good Bible believing church and read your Bible .you will notice a great a change.

I am also praying for you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by boldx(m): 12:33am On Oct 29, 2020
hello, please I need to talk to you later in the morning about your medical condition. Check my profile for my phone number.
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Karleb(m): 12:37am On Oct 29, 2020
I know this topic is very sensitive and I hope you get well soon but what I sincerely think what you need is a HOT SLAP!

I can assure you you'd still be a sad man by the time you get all you think you want.

You make way above the minimum wage and still make yourself sad?
Don't you have a hobby? Why work Sunday to Sunday? For what?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Cetacean419: 1:17am On Oct 29, 2020
Ferlis:

I just spoke with my bro and the most common chronic conditions that he said;
* It has to do with heart
*Hypoglycaemia
*Hyperglycemia
* Lupus Erythematous
I can bet you have either one of them.
*You need a bit of calcium for your heart so you inject yourself
* You have a low blood sugar so you have to take shots before you collapse
* You have high blood sugar so you take these shots to help bring a reasonable balance(Stop eating that chocolate)
* You must have strong muscle and bone pains where Anti-Rheumatoid Arthritis oral can't handle quickly to prevent other inflammations(Stop stressful work before you pass out).
Find a less stressful hobby
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by frozen70(f): 1:20am On Oct 29, 2020
Ferlis:

You didn't state your medical condition

Your mood is caused by the solo life you are living, pls come out of it if you are very sure that you are really ready to make up your mind to mix up with people

Talk to yourself and prepare your mind

Stop being sad and create fun for yourself

Having a girl friend will give you the spike and challenges you need to behave normally

Keep saving don't pack out of your parents home yet because, you would be lonely and no body will understand you, that's why you need a steady relationship with a woman who will understand your life style then when you pack out, your woman will be with you

I am still thinking of how you have a job that keeps you going and you can even save, so money is not your problem

Assuming you don't have a job, you would have been depressed the more, who cares, no one but you

Get a life and bear in mind that having children or your own family with this kind of attitude will make things worst for you

So the summary is that you are the one to provide solutions to your problems and I have mentioned them

Life is fun, live it
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Acrobatics01: 1:20am On Oct 29, 2020
Dear OP,

Sincere empathy for your feelings and condition.
I want to tell you that you are definitely not alone in your condition. I have felt same way before. So many things can lead such pre-depression state.
While I agree that prayer is one powerful tool that can help, it is also vital to speak to a counsellor or therapist of some sort. I will send a dm for recommendation.

All the best!
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by adadike(f): 1:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Dear, oya make me your friend. First, you need Jesus. Secondly, you need to take a break from work. Haba! Are you jack that works and no play and he ended up becoming a dull boy. Third, tell us your sickness and we will give you permanent solution sharp sharp. Don't underestimate us here o. Fourth, start loving yourself. Who told you that people hate you, the truth is you hate yourself , not people. Start to tell yourself you are a loving child of God , create time for yourself , go out, meet new friends, play with kids and you will feel loved and feel like them. Now, get a good girl that truly love Christ and has some of his qualities like kindness, sweetness, good and happy nature, playful and loving and you will come back to thank me . God bless you ferlis

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Lovinghauwa: 3:21am On Oct 29, 2020
Maybe you do not realise, it's the work and conditions attached that is causing all this, you need to find a balance and also start sending applications out, your boss doesn't deserve you.
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Mindlog: 3:36am On Oct 29, 2020
See a therapist, you need cognitive behaviour therapy. With Covid, E-therapy has become more popular so you can have your hourly-weekly therapy sessions via video, meaning your therapist can be anywhere in this world.

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by YngDenzel1: 4:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Bro, I feel your pain, I understand wetin you dey go through. First thing, is that your working days, you need your weekend to blow steam.

Don't move out of that house, not yet and if you must, it should be close-by. (This is very important)

Try not to take life too crious, everything for this life na cruise, do stupid things like everyone else is doing e.g womanising, clubbing, social media, religion, politics, nairabet, olosho etc.

And don't worry about tomorrow oo, tomorrow will take care of it self.. constant worrying and trying to make things perfect, leads to depression.
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Blissquare(f): 5:40am On Oct 29, 2020
You're not doing so bad at 27. Try to be more friendly. Good friends make one's life more meaningful. Whenever you start to date, don't ever settle for the one who would be asking for money. Follow humourous accounts on social media.Tell your parents about your health condition. Eat very well. Everyone goes through times when they are unhappy but please try to overcome it. When you close from work, try to engage in productive hobbies. Invite a friend for a movie or dinner. Watch a lot of comedy...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by StevensJojo(f): 6:19am On Oct 29, 2020
DonroxyII:
That's the result of work, work and work without play ... Your brain is tired and fatigue ... Get into sport e.g football, gym, swimming , table tennis , long tennis .... Just try to diversify your life .... Also get a female buddy kinda chat mate or male buddy that reason along your philosophy....

you are just lonely ... and your brain is tired of playing with itself ... you need to let yourself out .... visit the beach ... watch the ocean (Pls don't jump inside oo grin) .... Watch people play .... watch children play ... visit the orphanage ... see downtrodden folks ... see kids without home ....

Your brain will be diversified ... release new hormones that will make you feel better !

This is the response!
It sounds simple but that’s just it.
If you work too much without allowing time for rest and play, you’ll be depressed and tired of life.
There was one time I felt depressed, tired from within. I start constantly having existentialist thoughts. I was tired! Not just tired from outside-it’s this fatigue that comes from within. It’s like your soul is tireddddd!
I remember calling my friend and talking about it. She said I should come to her place to just chill. Then I remembered to pray about it. It was at the place of prayer that I got the understanding to stop working on Saturdays. It didn’t make sense at the time but I did. That sad hollow feeling has stopped since. The thing was that I was working Monday to Sunday. I filled my plate with something to do every single day. It affected me badly. Now on Saturdays, I try to chill and not do any tasking brain work. It’s been my saving grace.
@OP . You need to find a way around it. It may not be a whole day like me but you need time to blow off steam. Plus what type of job demands you with 7 days a week? There are better deals out there. Also why are you not telling your family about your medical condition? Tell them and accept the love and support. Tell your friends, tell your lover. Don’t wear yourself out carrying the load of life alone.
Don’t worry about the future, enjoy today. You are not Alpha and Omega. I can relate to you in so many ways. Thankfully I’m growing in wisdom small small lol. Enjoy today enjoy today! You are not promised tomorrow! Enjoy today! To enjoy, start by asking yourself what enjoyment to YOU is. Make sure your mind is not chained by the shackles of societal expectations and conditioning- the peer and ancestral pressures of predefined measures of success.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by azzima(m): 6:21am On Oct 29, 2020
You issue is your MIND! It's the biggest enemy or friend of Human beings. The enemy(
negativity/devil) and the friend ( positivity/God)....You need RENEWAL of the mind and this can ONLY be done by reading your Bible. The more you read it, the more you will start seeing GRADUAL changes in the way you feel ande think. I am going thru it too and NEVER knew I can feel this better.....it's incredible?
Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by crackhaus: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2020
adadike:
Dear, oya make me your friend. First, you need Jesus. Secondly, you need to take a break from work. Haba! Are you jack that works and no play and he ended up becoming a dull boy. Third, tell us your sickness and we will give you permanent solution sharp sharp. Don't underestimate us here o. Fourth, start loving yourself. Who told you that people hate you, the truth is you hate yourself , not people. Start to tell yourself you are a loving child of God , create time for yourself , go out, meet new friends, play with kids and you will feel loved and feel like them. Now, get a good girl that truly love Christ and has some of his qualities like kindness, sweetness, good and happy nature, playful and loving and you will come back to thank me. God bless you ferlis

Someone is talking about being depressed, and you want him to add a woman to his life.
In what universe does getting a girl help with depression?

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2020
Ferlis:

Transition your mind into something, it is over-thinking, get a hobby something engaging, rewarding and profitable. There's a lot you can do , join a community of people with shared interest. Go out, nobody is holding you back , because let me the Harbinger of bad news. The more introverted you are, the more chances of not climbing the ladder, unless you are very intelligent. People excel on a virtue of networking, friends and colleagues because of recommendation. If you are introverted, it tells people that you are not a people's person. Then balance your life, that one too is my issue. Swimming, sports or the gym if you keep working without some exercise you will fall into a form of lethargy, where you are just mentally drained every-time. I notice if I do some push-ups and exercise daily I will be fine too. so these are my advice.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Fainted When My Wife Said I’m Not Father Of Our 14-yr-old Daughter / I Was denied Entering At A Wedding Reception / I Have Been Hearing My Name 2am Every Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.