Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! (1797 Views)

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / Pls Help! I Think I'm Going Crazy!! / Please I Need Help.. Am Going Crazy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
Here goes my story. All day, I find myself thinking of past events especially those that have hurt me . I murmur to myself like trying to defend myself or telling them what I would have said to them when it happened. Ive really gone through a lot and have been hurt by both family, in laws and friends. Though I have forgiven and moved on but whenever I see or think of any of those that hurt me, sometimes I find myself crying in a corner or even planning on how to defend myself again in case it re occur. I'm a nursing mother and idle for now waiting to resume work soon. Nairalanders please I need help and suggestions on what I can do cos I can't even sleep or think straight. It even makes me forget the things I'm supposed to do .... And I hardly even remember other things now cry
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by boy16(m): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2018
undecided

Bygone is Bygone.

Don't let your past determine your future.

Live life and put sadness aside.

God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
boy16:
undecided

Bygone is Bygone.

Don't let your past determine your future.

Live life and put sadness aside.

God help us all.
Amen thanks.
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by GraveMan(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2018
All YOU NEED TO DO IS FORGET ALL ABOUT THE PAST. ERASE THE THOUGHTS FROM YOUR MIND, NOBODY WILL ERASE IT FOR YOU.

EVERYBODY HAVE A PAST, WE JUST MOVE ON. JUST FOCUS ON YOUR FAMILY, INSTEAD OF THUNKING ABOUT THE PAST, KEEP YOURSELF BUSY BY SINGING, PLAYING WITH YOUR CHILD ETC.

DONT LIVE ON YOUR PAST

ITS WELL..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Man2utd(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2018
ClassicQueen:
Here goes my story. All day, I find myself thinking of past events especially those that have hurt me . I murmur to myself like trying to defend myself or telling them what I would have said to them when it happened. Ive really gone through a lot and have been hurt by both family, in laws and friends. Though I have forgiven and moved on but whenever I see or think of any of those that hurt me, sometimes I find myself crying in a corner or even planning on how to defend myself again in case it re occur. I'm a nursing mother and idle for now waiting to resume work soon. Nairalanders please I need help and suggestions on what I can do cos I can't even sleep or think straight. It even makes me forget the things I'm supposed to do .... And I hardly even remember other things now cry

Don't let your emotion ruin you, it might not be easy but you have to stay strong, stay away from the things that reminds you of the hurt, don't stay to idle too, read a book or find something to keep you busy.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
GraveMan:
All YOU NEED TO DO IS FORGET ALL ABOUT THE PAST. ERASE THE THOUGHTS FROM YOUR MIND, NOBODY WILL ERASE IT FOR YOU.

EVERYBODY HAVE A PAST, WE JUST MOVE ON. JUST FOCUS ON YOUR FAMILY, INSTEAD OF THUNKING ABOUT THE PAST, KEEP YOURSELF BUSY BY SINGING, PLAYING WITH YOUR CHILD ETC.

DONT LIVE ON YOUR PAST

ITS WELL..
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
Man2utd:

Don't let your emotion ruin you, it might not be easy but you have to stay strong, stay away from the things that reminds you of the hurt, don't stay to idle too, read a book or find something to keep you busy.
I've read, prayed and always busy with house chores and baby but the thoughts won't just go away. The one I dwell on most is the hurt from in-laws. They came and left recently and still backbite which I noticed that is what reminded me of the thoughts again. I moved on many years ago but when they came, I thought they have changed cos i treated them well but they still havnt that is why I still feel bad.Even my hubby don't like me talking about them and the past cos it hurts him too. But he has moved on a long time
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Mizwisdom(f): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
ClassicQueen:
I've read, prayed and always busy with house chores and baby but the thoughts won't just go away. The one I dwell on most is the hurt from in-laws. They came and left recently and still backbite which I noticed that is what reminded me of the thoughts again. I moved on many years ago but when they came, I thought they have changed cos i treated them well but they still havnt that is why I still feel bad.Even my hubby don't like me talking about them and the past cos it hurts him too. But he has moved on a long time

It's either you relocate or you grgwa job as soon as possible
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Botanics: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
Post natal depression.....speak wt your mum or a psychologist and please, AVOID PASTORS IMAMS SPIRITUALIST

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by dingbang(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2018
Take heart, be strong.
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
You need to forgive yourself before forgiving others. If you're nursing a baby then a lot of these emotions are coming from the imbalanced chemicals (baby brain) and they will go away in about 2yrs depending on your body. Just know that what you are going through is very natural.
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by dumahi(m): 7:28pm On Oct 08, 2018
When I catch myself remembering only where others hurt me & where I benefitted them - without remembering where others helped me or where I hurt them - I hold my hand and berate myself this way: "Gent, grow up. You're being overly childish, selfish & arrogant for thinking YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT TOWARDS OTHERS AND OTHERS ARE ALWAYS WRONG TOWARDS YOU".

Gal only the truth can set anyone free. Take a mature look at the situation & admit where you are wrong. Be sorry for your fault. Then, pray the Lord's prayer stressing the part that says "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us" to yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Eketem: 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2018
You have not found closure.

I can guess it was a disagreement and you were forced or aksed to forgive and forget for peace to reign. If you had sorted the matter adequately and had closure you won't be thinking about the matter again.

This happens a lot with families.

Anyway you need to find a way to let out your feelings. Get a diatyand write it out. Find a paper and write what you feel then burn it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Man2utd(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2018
ClassicQueen:

I understand how you are feeling, but you are the only one that can determine what is important to you. Are you even sure they are thinking about you the way you disturbing yourself over them, make happiness your priority and make a conscious decision to love them. The best gift you can give them is love and see how they begin to question themselves. Send them lovely messages for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by janefarms2015: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
Op, my dear sister, think about those that loves u and move on, its a passing phase you will get out of these stonger, many people are going through what u are, my prayers for u, just think about d future not present! Cheer up its one of those things, God will continue to be with u

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:40am On Oct 09, 2018
Go to the health section and join the new moms with babies thread. Sounds like boredom induced depression, not post natal stress.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 09, 2018
dumahi:
When I catch myself remembering only where others hurt me & where I benefitted them - without remembering where others helped me or where I hurt them - I hold my hand and berate myself this way: "Gent, grow up. You're being overly childish, selfish & arrogant for thinking YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT TOWARDS OTHERS AND OTHERS ARE ALWAYS WRONG TOWARDS YOU".

Gal only the truth can set anyone free. Take a mature look at the situation & admit where you are wrong. Be sorry for your fault. Then, pray the Lord's prayer stressing the part that says "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us" to yourself.

Thank you. I have learnt to stop being judgmental from listening to one side of the story.

Two sides to every story, yet people end up listening to one side and assume.

Your past would rarely hunt & torment you if you weren't wayward & living recklessly.
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by barag(f): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2018
Zoharariel:

Thank you. I have learnt to stop being judgmental from listening to one side of the story.

Two sides to every story, yet people end up listening to one side and assume.

Your past would rarely hunt & torment you if you weren't wayward & living recklessly.
do u know the op before?
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Hardrive(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2018
R
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by dayleke: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2018
barag:

do u know the op before?

Gbam!!!
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Acidosis(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Go and read the comments from your previous threads on this forum. You worry too much, just few weeks ago, you almost set this section on fire over the idea of accommodating an 11 year old child. You are paranoid, depressed and your fear for the unknown is unimaginable.

How can your family, friends and in-law hurt you at the same time, and you still feel they're the problem? You need to check yourself and look at the brighter side of life. No be only you waka come this world, and others are not supposed to bow at your feet or succumb to your wishes all the time.

That your in-laws or friends do not subscribe to your own ideology and school of thought does not make them your enemy. They're only being themselves okay? Be yourself too and give the internet a breathing space, your marriage is only 2 years old.
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks all will do so. I worry too much I guess...I will be fine thank you all smiley smiley smiley will see the bright side of life smiley
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
Acidosis:

Go and read the comments from your previous threads on this forum. You worry too much, just few weeks ago, you almost set this section on fire over the idea of accommodating an 11 year old child. You are paranoid, depressed and your fear for the unknown is unimaginable.

How can your family, friends and in-law hurt you at the same time, and you still feel they're the problem? You need to check yourself and look at the brighter side of life. No be only you waka come this world, and others are not supposed to bow at your feet or succumb to your wishes all the time.

That your in-laws or friends do not subscribe to your own ideology and school of thought does not make them your enemy. They're only being themselves okay? Be yourself too and give the internet a breathing space, your marriage is only 2 years old.
OK Sir thanks smiley
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by barag(f): 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
dayleke:

Gbam!!!
sincerely his/her response sounds like that of someone who know the Op and has some personal info that the rest of us don't.
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by dayleke: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
barag:

sincerely his/her response sounds like that of someone who know the Op and has some personal info that the rest of us don't.

I dey follow and gbadun you o.
True that.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by KanwuliaMama: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
If you are going crazy, OYA MAKE WE LIMPOPO? undecided
Re: Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!! by baldman: 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
Looks like you may be having the post partum blues ( depression), thats why your mind is being flooded with unpleasant memories. Please book an appointment with a psychiatrist or just read up on Post Partum Depression. Get help please.

(1) (Reply)

The Time Is 3:23am / She Feels Guilty But Can't Put A Stop To It. / Mother........eight Lies Of A Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.