Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question (253 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Ogamysamo: 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
...The Soldiers Also Ask Him. What Should We Do That We Might Be Save?

What Was Jesus' Reply To The Soldiers Concerning Their Question?
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ogamysamo:
...The Soldiers Also Ask Him. What Should We Do That We Might Be Save?

What Was Jesus' Reply To The Soldiers Concerning Their Question?
To be saved from what? Jesus Christ came to save mankind from the condemnation of sin that is death.

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
To obtain salvation from the condemnation of death, and be gifted with eternal life instead one needs to believe. But what does it mean to believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved?

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Ogamysamo: 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
To be saved from what? Jesus Christ came to save mankind from the condemnation of sin that is death.

To obtain salvation from the condemnation of death, and be gifted with eternal life instead one needs to believe. But what does it mean to believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved?

KOBO you're going to far!
what you saw there is a question asked by some soldiers and i wrote it the way it was asked
nevertheless what they are to be saved from wasn'l mention but it is clearly understood
i really can't in more than what the bible said so if you know it just answer it.
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ogamysamo:
KOBO you're going to far!
what you saw there is a question asked by some soldiers and i wrote it the way it was asked
nevertheless what they are to be saved from wasn'l mention but it is clearly understood
i really can't in more than what the bible said so if you know it just answer it.
Going too far how? Your question does not include the context within which the question was asked in order to better help me understand if the soldiers may have instead been asking how they could be saved from going to war or facing a military tribunal of sorts. undecided

Given all that, I chose to answer based on the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ instead. According to Jesus Christ, what we are saved from is the condemnation of sin that is death. And the way to be saved is highlighted in the passages included in my previous comment. undecided
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Ogamysamo: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Going too far how? Your question does not include the context within which the question was asked in order to better help me understand if the soldiers may have instead been asking how they could be saved from going to war or facing a military tribunal of sorts. undecided

Given all that, I chose to answer based on the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ instead. According to Jesus Christ, what we are saved from is the condemnation of sin that is death. And the way to be saved is highlighted in the passages included in my previous comment. undecided

THAT WAS MY MISTAKE BUT I'LL GET BACK TO YOU INCLUDING THE RE-EDITING LATER LET ME CHECK IT OUT
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Ogamysamo: 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Going too far how? Your question does not include the context within which the question was asked in order to better help me understand undecided

Given all that, I chose to answer based on the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ instead. According to Jesus Christ, undecided

are you sure you will not do expo he if i should provide the context?
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ogamysamo:
are you sure you will not do expo he if i should provide the context?
Expo works if you know the question for which the answer ought to apply beforehand. I already provided an answer here, so no chance of expo. I just want to be certain that my already provided answer fits.
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by sonmvayina(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

My friend,death is a human construct..it is an illusion. Life is all there is...death is not a tragedy in Gods eyes..

Learn, unlearn and relearn..

I have gone over this with you before...looks like you are just marking time (left right ,left right)..

With no forward march..

Reminder:
Man is a spirit being(Gods breath) dwelling within a body fashioned from the dust of the earth..This physical body was created as an abode for the spirit . This spirit is the same image and likeness as God. I won't be wrong if I say it is God...just as the psalmist said in psalm 104:29-31 " send forth your spirit and they are created and replenish the earth , take it and they die and go back to dust" more like back to default...understand it..
Re: What Was Jesus' Answer To This Question by sonmvayina(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
It is Gods spirit or breath, it is pure..it does not need saving from anything...the creator only gave the spirit laws to adhere to,while it is dwelling in the body or flesh...to make the stay joyful and interesting..it is up to you (soul) to keep it or not..

When the old testament spoke of salvation,it is always from physical danger..

(1) (Reply)

Watch What Pope Said About Gay System / How Accurate Prophet Tb Joshua Prophesy Has Been This Year / Vatican Sets Up Probe After Pope Francis Likes Half Nude Woman Pic On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.