Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. (41545 Views)

How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results / How Christians Can Overcome Depression / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Toks2008(m): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
If someone asks you this moment if you 're BORN AGAIN what will be your response?.

Whilst some people will give an assuring straight "YES", some will hesitate and some are not even sure...

I urge everyone to read this very revealing piece to the very end even if you have to read one paragraph a day..

If you find it difficult to give a resounding ''YES'' to the question what could possibly be your reason?, Oh wait let me guess! ...you probably felt unsure because of those sinful addictions or secret sins only you and GOD know about...or wait let me take another guess!...you actually thought being born again is the same as living a sinless life so because you still commit sins sometimes then you can't possibly be born again.

THE DEVIL'S MAJOR AIM IS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY OF SINS AND ALWAYS ACCUSE YOU WITH SEVERAL SINS YOU COMMIT. The books of Jude 1:9 and Revelation 12:10 make it clear that satan is the accuser of believers so he will try at all cost to confuse you to the point that you will begin to doubt if you are born again even after you have accepted Jesus as your saviour.

But guess what; the more sinful or irredeemable you think you are the more interest Jesus has in you even if you believe you have sold your soul to Satan.JESUS SAYS COME (Revelation 22:17).Jesus recognizes the fact that many are heavily laden with sins but he still says come (Matthew 11:28-30).

Now here is where it gets more interesting...also many people who may not give a ''YES'' to the question had at a point in their lives been born again but they gave up their salvation because they find themselves still committing the same sins they were involved in before accepting JESUS and this is why many come out for alter call several times☹️.

The AMAZING twist is that Jesus will never ever reject you because you still commit sins even after you became born again cos he clearly said ''All those the Father gives me will come to me,and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.''John 6:37.So why drive yourself away?,why give up on your salvation when the giver of salvation has not given up on you?

What makes us different as believers in Christ is our willingness to please GOD in all we do and the guilt we feel whenever we fall into sins and most importantly,the grace to go down on our knees and ask for forgiveness in the name of the slain lamb of GOD ''JESUS CHRIST''...just as it is written ''My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One''.1 John 2:1

Finally,the Bible makes it clear that attaining that status of a ''BORN AGAIN'' is not about living a perfect life but it is the AMAZING GIFT OF GRACE FROM GOD as a result of the faith we have in JESUS( Ephesians 2:8 ). You can't overcome sins or any form of addiction on your own no matter how hard you try but if you are truly willing to overcome these sins,all you need do is pray for the help of the holy spirit and you will be surprised that the sin or addiction you think you can't do without will be so hated by you.Believe it or not,if the holy spirit truly dwells in you,it will be difficult for you to enjoy sins (Galatians 5:16).

If you read this piece to this point then it means you are interested in Jesus so if you have never accepted him as your saviour and you want to be born again please read out these words below no matter where you are on planet earth.

''Thank you Jesus Christ for taking away my sins on the cross and saving me from eternal torment in hell. I accept you this moment as my saviour and henceforth,i yield myself to the holy spirit to help me perfect my salvation until i see you in Paradise....AMEN!''

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by LuciferReverend: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2019
I've been Born Again more than 6 times. Thrice in Christ Embassy, once in Redeemed & Winners each & once in a Church I can't remember the name.

All I know is the pastor kept squeezing my conehead with his hairy paws & spitting in my face that I had no choice but to accept Jesus as my Lord & personal saviour else halitosis would have killed me that night.

*spits angry

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Raalsalghul: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2019
LuciferReverend:
I've been Born Again more than 6 times. Thrice in Christ Embassy, once in Redeemed & Winners each & once in a Church I can't remember the name.

All I know is the pastor kept squeezing my conehead with his hairy paws & spitting in my face that I had no choice but to accept Jesus as my Lord & personal saviour else halitosis would have killed me that night.

*spits angry
This guy always cracking me up. What of your Luciferprophet moniker? grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by MJBOLT: 2:26am On Feb 21, 2019
LuciferReverend:

*spits angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Toks2008(m): 11:40am On Feb 24, 2019
Lalasticlala happy sunday.
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by adelee777: 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2019
God bless you bro. More anointing in Jesus Name. Amen. Pls i will likw to post this on my church's WhatsApp platform. Thank God for His wisdom in you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Toks2008(m): 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
adelee777:
God bless you bro. More anointing in Jesus Name. Amen. Pls i will likw to post this on my church's WhatsApp platform. Thank God for His wisdom in you.
Amen bro. Please Go ahead.

I guess lalasticlala don dedicate today to politics forget sey nah sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by CodeTemplar: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2019
David sinned but was a man after God's heart. Godliness is a constant press towards uprightness and not total absence of sins or faults.

11 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by MuttleyLaff: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2019
Toks2008:
If someone asks you this moment if you 're BORN AGAIN what will be your response?.

Whilst some people will give an assuring straight "YES", some will hesitate and some are not even sure...

I urge everyone to read this very revealing piece to the very end even if you have to read one paragraph a day..

If you find it difficult to give a resounding ''YES'' to the question what could possibly be your reason?, Oh wait let me guess! ...you probably felt unsure because of those sinful addictions or secret sins only you and GOD know about...or wait let me take another guess!...you actually thought being born again is the same as living a sinless life so because you still commit sins sometimes then you can't possibly be born again.

THE DEVIL'S MAJOR AIM IS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY OF SINS AND ALWAYS ACCUSE YOU WITH SEVERAL SINS YOU COMMIT. The books of Jude 1:9 and Revelation 12:10 make it clear that satan is the accuser of believers so he will try at all cost to confuse you to the point that you will begin to doubt if you are born again even after you have accepted Jesus as your saviour.

But guess what; the more sinful or irredeemable you think you are the more interest Jesus has in you even if you believe you have sold your soul to Satan.JESUS SAYS COME (Revelation 22:17).Jesus recognizes the fact that many are heavily laden with sins but he still says come (Matthew 11:28-30).

Now here is where it gets more interesting...also many people who may not give a ''YES'' to the question had at a point in their lives been born again but they gave up their salvation because they find themselves still committing the same sins they were involved in before accepting JESUS and this is why many come out for alter call several times☹️.

The AMAZING twist is that Jesus will never ever reject you because you still commit sins even after you became born again cos he clearly said ''All those the Father gives me will come to me,and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.''John 6:37.So why drive yourself away?,why give up on your salvation when the giver of salvation has not given up on you?

What makes us different as believers in Christ is our willingness to please GOD in all we do and the guilt we feel whenever we fall into sins and most importantly,the grace to go down on our knees and ask for forgiveness in the name of the slain lamb of GOD ''JESUS CHRIST''...just as it is written ''My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One''.1 John 2:1

Finally,the Bible makes it clear that attaining that status of a ''BORN AGAIN'' is not about living a perfect life but it is the AMAZING GIFT OF GRACE FROM GOD as a result of the faith we have in JESUS( Ephesians 2:8 ). You can't overcome sins or any form of addiction on your own no matter how hard you try but if you are truly willing to overcome these sins,all you need do is pray for the help of the holy spirit and you will be surprised that the sin or addiction you think you can't do without will be so hated by you.Believe it or not,if the holy spirit truly dwells in you,it will be difficult for you to enjoy sins (Galatians 5:16).

If you read this piece to this point then it means you are interested in Jesus so if you have never accepted him as your saviour and you want to be born again please read out these words below no matter where you are on planet earth.

''Thank you Jesus Christ for taking away my sins on the cross and saving me from eternal torment in hell. I accept you this moment as my saviour and henceforth,i yield myself to the holy spirit to help me perfect my salvation until i see you in Paradise....AMEN!''
Toks2008, remember Nicodemus was a Pharisee and the Pharisees' idea of what the Messiah is and what His Kingdom would be, is different to everyone's else. You see, Nicodemus' bone of contention is, who is Jesus?. He wasnt 100% sure, if Jesus is the Messiah or not
and so that was the reason for Nicodemus' clandestine and dead of the night visit, to seek the truth, to find out for himself, to know who Jesus is

Nicodemus had a problem with understanding the concept of regeneration. Seeing God's kingdom and entering into God's kingdom are not synonymous. They might be related terms, but they certainly dont have the same meaning, so Jesus explained what the criteria for entering into God's kingdom is (i.e. man be born of water and of the Spirit...) to Nicodemus

As I have earlier typed on this forum on this subject, born again precedes and preceded salvation. Fact is, in order to receive and get the gift of salvation, you'll first, have to be born again, be regenerated, asin, be born from above. Now, the disciples, Nicodemus and a lot others were already born again before getting the gift of salvation. It is highly unlikely, anyone will be born again and not have or get the gift of salvation, as anyone truly born again, receives the gift of salvation, and they will not only see the demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God but ultimately will enter into the kingdom of God

Scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont and never see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them.

Born again didnt publicly need to be preached by Jesus because it is a straightforward fact and done deal affair, and incidentally Jesus was seriously surprised that Nicodemus who happens to be a teacher, didnt know about born again nor knew that born again can be a prerequisite for salvation

Born again and salvation, though are not in the same category, they nonetheless are related

Notice in John 3:12-13, how Jesus is trying to get Nicodemus convinced, telling Nicodemus not to fight the belief, as he still was wrestling with the thought of accepting who Jesus really is

7 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Toks2008(m): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:
David sinned but was a man after God's heart. Godliness is a constant press towards uprightness and not total absence of sins or faults.

And not also enjoying sins or sinning with impunity.

3 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by CodeTemplar: 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
Toks2008:

Of course.
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by CodeTemplar: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
Toks2008:

Of course.
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Toks2008(m): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2019
Lalasticlala happy sunday.
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Uyi168: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
This guy always cracking me up. What of your Luciferprophet moniker? grin grin grin grin grin
Probably banned till eternity.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Maxi3k(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2019
I have been born again like 40 times thanks to those Evangelist who will always ask for 5 mins of your time and end up taking 50mins asking me do I know Jesus love me

7 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Toks2008(m): 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
Maxi3k:
I have been born again like 40 times thanks to those Evangelist who will always ask for 5 mins of your time and end up taking 50mins asking me do I know Jesus love me

Lol! You only need to be born again once.
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by MuttleyLaff: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
Maxi3k:

Toks2008:
Lol! You only need to be born again once.
"Beyond that, much that we believe is believed because we trust the person who told us about them. I've never seen America but I believe it exists. All the evidence I have is in books, TV and pictures. To accept this evidence, I have to trust the people who make them. "
- by Ihedinobi3: 12:51pm On Feb 03
https://www.nairaland.com/5020369/god-shoes/3#76308092

2 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by ipobarethieves: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed Dear Lord Jesus,be merciful on me a sinner lipsrsealed embarassed. i repent from calling pigs fl@theads,jews

3 Likes

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by ItzBIM(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Yes
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by kay29000(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
hmm
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by GentleMoney: 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hmm..
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by canadastime(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
We're talking of Canada you are saying yes or no.

See my signature
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
I will answer anything to any question as long as its benefits me
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by LZAA: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
LuciferReverend:

*spits angry
This one loud ohgrin

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
All this fairytales self

1 Like

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Shaev7(m): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2019
LuciferReverend:

*spits angry
you're always born again in the Catholic by the sacrament of baptism and faithfully receiving the holy Eucharist and doing the works of mercy.
Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by Onyekachi419(f): 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2019
LuciferReverend:

*spits angry
Very funy grin

1 Like

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by sanpipita(m): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
Christian just use the born again fade to deceive themselves, which one be born again, through wat means?

1 Like

Re: Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. by haconjy(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
LuciferReverend:

*spits angry

Then you are not born again...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers / Did Jesus And The Apostles Paid Tithe? / "I Foresaw Trouble In US Politics" – TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.