Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU (15854 Views)

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Making Negotiation Difficult –ngige / ASUU Strike: FG Resumes Negotiation Today / ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Alonge25: 11:27am On Oct 31, 2020
ignis:
it's unfortunate ASUU is headed by selfish old leaders who put thier interest first over that of the students and the country.
The present government on the other hand don't value education in the country because all their children are studying abroad and unaffected by ASUU's incessant strike.
They can afford to let all the schools remain closed till 2023, since they don't have their children in these schools. They should remember that by 2023 they will surely leave power that intoxicating them. Playing with the future of the masses, will surely have negetive effects on their children.What is so difficult in accepting UTAS and subject the platform to integrity test.I wonder the kind of country we are.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by adomuwiner(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2020
ASUU is not ready to receive their salary. They have gone beyond their boundary
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Alonge25: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2020
Alonge25:

They can afford to let all the schools remain closed till 2023, since they don't have their children in these schools. They should remember that by 2023 they will surely leave power that intoxicating them. Playing with the future of the masses, will surely have negetive effects on their children.What is so difficult in accepting UTAS and subject the platform to integrity test.I wonder the kind of country we are.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Keyin: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Pinopinodaddy:
What smooth negotiation is that? Your employer should be the one to choose platform for payment and not employee. Corruption in the ASUU is too much. Why not resign if you don't agree with your employer instead of nonsense argument.

My opinion, ASUU should be scrapped. Why dictating for employer what to adopt in paying you? It is obvious you are controlling your employer.

Resign if not comfortable with the platform in used. Is it not to complain if your salary is not complete when paid. What's all these? People are out there looking for lecturing work and existing ones are here frustrating the academic status and standard of education in this country.

Please have you had an encounter with any of these lecturers? Even as at Monday I was neither of ASUU nor fg but when I listened to ASUU president on Thursday night on channels tv, and went further to read more about there dispute I pitched tent with ASUU. IPPIS is not the bone of contention, even though ippis was not designed for university system. This ippis was design by world bank for core civil service and not for university system. There is no where in the world that ippis is used to pay lecturers. Why is Nigeria case always different.. They have also went further to design UTAS an IPPIS alternative that they claim to align with their operations and capable of fixing ghost workers syndrome still fg asked them to enroll in ippis. Are those politician in ippis? The simple truth is that fg are not sincere! Please don't take offence, abeg of you!

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by 21cents: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2020
jolyment:

Keep shut, tell your leaders to honour agreement.
which stupid agreement?

the issue is not even about the 2009 agreement again but payment mode. dictating to your employer how to be paid is insane. ASUU has lost the goodwill in this fight and I hope ASUU better yield to IPPIS or be punished by FG for their unreasonable demand.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Naijahall(m): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2020
Good Day!
Lagosmp3.com theme for sale!!
DEMO: https://naijahall.com.ng
PRICE: Very Affordable
CONTACT ME: https:///+2347086381986

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Alonge25: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2020
mayor1814:
Honestly lecturers are not treated right. FG should try and listen to them, what lecturers are asking for will do no harm to govt.
There is nothing difficult in accepting UTAS. Government just want to be autocratic .

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by eleazon(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2020
[
This is the most reasonable submission that I have read on this post. GOD bless you for yoir comment
quote author=Keyin post=95526992]I wonder why federal government has decided to allow younger generation and future hope of this country to waste at home. They need to invest into educational sector. Our public primary and secondary schools have collapsed absolutely and their intention now is to collapse public tertiary institutions so that their private varsities will be patronized. To get things right, National Assembly should enact a law that prohibit children of politicians schooling abroad. In doing so, this reoccurring strike will end. On the part of ASUU, I suggest that they schedule a meeting with the president himself and not his appointees. I am not really sure our president M.Buhari is aware that our university students are out of classroom. If he is actually aware then there is no hope in this country. I equally learnt that Nigerian Lecturers receive small salary when compared with their fellows in Africa. [/quote]
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by emsco91(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2020
Sonnobax15:
undecided. ASUU dey busy dey fight for their pockets jor.....
no be only smooth negotiation na rough rider

......... majority of the students wey I know don almost give up on school finish

so Tay many of Dem don go join H.k......just dey press,dey do their things dey go until God go open way for dem...

by d way,which kind mumu country Dem born me put self Infact, anytime wey I hear d name ASUU,I just dey vex
MAKE THEM NO FIGHT FOR THEIR RIGHT AGAIN BECAUSE DEM WAN PLEASE YOU STUDENT
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Job2004: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2020
FG were doing gra gra in the heat of the End Sars protests just to take the youths off the streets now that things has calmed down they are now playing games.
Anyone not supporting ASUU in this war is not in tandem with what is happening in all our schools.
Forget that some lecturers are not doing well to improve things, but we can't deny the fact that most of our Universities are glorified secondary schools.
I know a professor that received 8000 as salary on IPPIS and many other University non teaching staff who have drastic slash in their salaries due to IPPIS.
It's time we take our education system serious and fix it.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Tilykay(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
mayor1814:
Honestly lecturers are not treated right. FG should try and listen to them, what lecturers are asking for will do no harm to govt.

Hope you know they are not the only one. Are civil servants generally on strike.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Tilykay(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
That's what I'm telling those students in school, hold the government accountable not ASUU

So they should tell government to pay them salaries through their own generated platform abi. Very funny
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Ice202(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
University Students/graduates should watch this

*CLICK ON THE LINK AND WATCH WITH MOBILE APP TO SAVE DATA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJ6gI_ntBc

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by maseki: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
They keep us home while their children are in ivy League schools overseas. They'll be judged by the creator
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Tilykay:

So they should tell government to pay them salaries through their own generated platform abi. Very funny
Yes! they can, if dey can't pay them through their previous platform or their own generated platform UTAS, then they should forget about IPPIS, cuz ASUU will never join that cheating platform

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2020
21cents:
hold FG responsible for proposing IPPIS instead of UTAS that ASUU wants?

can someone remind me who's the employer here?
The professors/lecturers don't want to be cheated, or would u like Ur employer to cheat you? even though he makes millions but he ended up paying you peanuts after Ur hardwork, that's the situation here

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by jolyment: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
21cents:
which stupid agreement?

the issue is not even about the 2009 agreement again but payment mode. dictating to your employer how to be paid is insane. ASUU has lost the goodwill in this fight and I hope ASUU better yield to IPPIS or be punished by FG for their unreasonable demand.

Ippis is good for the core civil service without complicated peculiarities. IPPIS is a scam. You said it's not about the agreement,if not tell FG to honour it , IPPIS is against that agreement .
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by jolyment: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Pinopinodaddy:

Looks like you have moved on or not even a student - your reason for shutting one up for airing view. Sorry for you. Agent in action all over the place.
h

Tell your agreement defaulters which is FG to honor agreement.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
He said the obvious truth if u don't like it off ur data
OK help me explain...Mr Globacom�
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Paul8344(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
YOU PEOPLE FAIL TO UNDERSTOOD THE REASON ASUU IS REJECTING IPPIS; EMPLOYMENT IN UNIVERSITIES WILL BE HIJACKED BY FG IF ASUU ACCEPTS IPPIS
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Paul8344(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
UNDERSTAND***
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by sucrosedaddy(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
EKITI001:
I think this OGUNYEMI IS A THIEF

You mean you have gone to design an application, named it UTAS and want FG to start using it to pay Universities staff salaries?

FG is wiling to make IPPIS work well for university staff salaries payment, but all you are shouting is UTAS UTAS UTAS UTAS?

That same IPPIS that lecturers get 6,000naira as salary . IPPIS is faulty and it's costly , the FG knows that UTAS is economically friendly but because of the money they want to embezzle that is why the won't accept UTAS , and I'd you say they should call of the strike , will you want an angry and hungry lecturer to lecture you , obviously no , cus he will vet out his anger on your results.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by caprolacta: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
ASUU it is better for u guys to remain on strike and achieve ur aim than to keep skipping like old-in-days lantern. but if it is popularity, I assure u, you can never be as popular as NEPA.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
adomuwiner:
ASUU is not ready to receive their salary. They have gone beyond their boundary

If only you know how university unions work, some are afraid to speak up.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by otokx(m): 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
sucrosedaddy:

That same IPPIS that lecturers get 6,000naira as salary . IPPIS is faulty and it's costly , the FG knows that UTAS is economically friendly but because of the money they want to embezzle that is why the won't accept UTAS , and I'd you say they should call of the strike , will you want an angry and hungry lecturer to lecture you , obviously no , cus he will vet out his anger on your results.

show us the IPPIS payslip of 6000 naira.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by ogaontop(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
EKITI001:

You mean you have gone to design an application, named it UTAS and want FG to start using it to pay Universities staff salaries?

FG is wiling to make IPPIS work well for university staff salaries payment, but all you are shouting is UTAS UTAS UTAS UTAS?

Get your facts right bro, FG is never sincere with that IPPIS of a thing, I am working with a federal establishment where IPPIS is used to pay us, since February this year, they have been deducting unwarranted 36k monthly from my salary with no explanations
Complaints have been greeted with deaf ears!!
It surprises me to see people who still think these Nigerian leaders are sincere .

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Earnonline7: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hope you ASUU get something from this hardened govt you know they don’t care stop wasting precious time of the youths
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Uwamgbede26: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
EKITI001:

UTAS is locally developed and costs nothing to use while IPPIS is foreign and takes much money to use. FG still prefers using IPPIS whatever happened to encouraging the local industries and ingenuity...
UTAS works..

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by otokx(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
ogaontop:

Get your facts right bro, FG is never sincere with that IPPIS of a thing, I am working with a federal establishment where IPPIS is used to pay us, since February this year, they have been deducting unwarranted 36k monthly from my salary with no explanations
Complaints have been greeted with dear ears!!
It surprises me to see people who still think these Nigerian leaders are sincere .

I also work with a federal establishment and IPPIS is working perfectly for us. No more underpayment of taxes, NHF and union dues. All non gazetted allowances that were earned by a minority has been stopped. All ghost workers and their ancestors have stopped earning salaries. To God be the glory, some qualified graduates were employed in their places to cover up the monumental fraud that has been going on.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by DecentHismaeel(m): 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
It seems the both parties are seriously selfish. Just like my traditional proverb that says; "Two ants cannot pass through a tiny rope." If FG refuse to accept the UTAS, why can't ASUU accept the IPPIS?, perhaps, the both parties are doing it for they own greedy self interest.

The most alarming point is, while this strike is going on, their own children are schooling abroad, leaving we the poor or short handed citizen from achieving our dreams. Probably, after some years, when their children have manageably got their cert., they will return back to rule us again....politics in Nigeria, it's indeed a politics.

#It'sTimeToCall4Revolution.
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Xavie(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sonnobax15:
undecided. ASUU dey busy dey fight for their pockets jor.....
no be only smooth negotiation na rough rider

......... majority of the students wey I know don almost give up on school finish

so Tay many of Dem don go join H.k......just dey press,dey do their things dey go until God go open way for dem...

by d way,which kind mumu country Dem born me put self Infact, anytime wey I hear d name ASUU,I just dey vex
please bro what is HK... been hearing of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform / Ambode Inaugurates Olanrewaju Adigun-Fagbohun VC Of LASU (photos) / The Government Didn't Ban History In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.