Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 (7180 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Man United: 58% (40 votes)
Arsenal: 41% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / Barcelona Vs AC Milan : UCL (4 - 0) On 12th March 2013 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by 1025: 8:28am On Mar 13, 2011
"Subconsciously I feel the disappointment of Tuesday [against Barcelona] played a part in the game," said Wenger, whose side will now be left to focus on winning their first Premier League title for seven years.
"You could see something has gone, not in our effort or attitude, but confidence-wise.

"But I don't feel like the season is slipping away. I believe we can do it. It is a good test for us now to show we can regroup and show the mental strength and togetherness quickly.

na that ref cause all these problems. i saw when van persie wanted to play and he remembered that red card and felt bad. if not for that ref, man u for no win. a coach that does not believe in matured players shld also resign at a very young age.
a man that uses players at very tender age only to dump them at a matured age. most of the dumped players come back to hunt them. eduardo pushed arsenal to the second position in their group where they met their untimely death in the hands of barca.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by Ibomade1: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2011
Oh my Arsenal why naa?
Could it be because of the stange names that you guys have
[list]
[li] fabregrass[/li]
[li]assasin[/li]
[li]world court[/li]
[li]clean sheet[/li]
[li]ko si eni (no person like agberos wld say)[/li]
[li]aluminium[/li]
[li]ju ru(wag tail)[/li]
[li]wheelchair[/li]
[li]nostril[/li]
[li]chairman[/li]
[li]bent man[/li]
[li]vain person[/li]
[li]rossy kid[/li]

[/list]
What a funny bunch.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by diggz: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
I still dey laff o!!! From we are fighting in 4fronts to, ! Ehnnnn,pls DK were d timaya 'Dem Mama' wey u wan play 4dem asses again?
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by lourash(m): 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ibo-made:

Oh my Arsenal why naa?
Could it be because of the stange names that you guys have
[list]
[li] fabregrass[/li]
[li]assasin[/li]
[li]world court[/li]
[li]clean sheet[/li]
[li]ko si eni (no person like agberos wld say)[/li]
[li]aluminium[/li]
[li]ju ru(wag tail)[/li]
[li]wheelchair[/li]
[li]nostril[/li]
[li]chairman[/li]
[li]bent man[/li]
[li]vain person[/li]
[li]rossy kid[/li]

[/list]
What a funny bunch.

guy no kill me o
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by eyoniggar(m): 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by MeGaStReEt: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2011
Abeg make una pity Arsenal na
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by lastpage: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Tunsbobo
No one, l repeat, NO BOARD MEMBER can sack Arsene Whinger from Arsenal FC!.

Reason being that he is a MAJOR SHARE-HOLDER of the club!
All his earnings, bonus, e.t.c has always been used to buy Arsenal shares, so much so you can call his a "Part-Owner" now angry angry

And that also explain the guys "tight-fist" at buying players, on one hand AND his eagerness to sell his players, once they matured so he can make the most money out of them!
If you wonder why he still plays that "useless Bendtner", it is because he want to polish him to the level that he can make a good bargain on him (Even if it means Arsenal has to loose some games, by playing him!)

HIS MISERLY WAYS ARE CATCHING UP WITH HIM EVERY DAY!

Raaas Coach shocked angry

BTW: He cant deliver any trophy this year! He has lost the opportunity to go tops and overtake Man-U, a couple of times.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by ololufemi: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
Some thieves who went to Arsenal's stadium (Emirates) to steal silverware regret their action.

1 They did not find a single silverware at the new stadium

2 They caught them

Who did they blame, Arsene Wenger.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by 1025: 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2011
i know what i suffered in the hands of this wenger of a man b4 i decided to quit in 2004.
for ferguson, he enjoys playing wenger as that is the only way he will not complain. give him chelsea or liverpool now, everybody will feel the heat.
it is unfortunate that wenger has reduced himself to this low level over time just because he wants to be the most stingy idiot arround.
that reminds me, is he still the best coach in the world? some awards are so funny that u can't but compare them to the emirates cup.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by hbrednic: 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2011
Oh Arsenal,what a useless team cheesy
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by kcjazz(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2011
lastpage:

@Tunsbobo
No one, l repeat, NO BOARD MEMBER can sack Arsene Whinger from Arsenal FC!.

Reason being that he is a MAJOR SHARE-HOLDER of the club!
All his earnings, bonus, e.t.c has always been used to buy Arsenal shares, so much so you can call his a "Part-Owner" now angry angry

And that also explain the guys "tight-fist" at buying players, on one hand AND his eagerness to sell his players, once they matured so he can make the most money out of them!
If you wonder why he still plays that "useless Bendtner", it is because he want to polish him to the level that he can make a good bargain on him (Even if it means Arsenal has to loose some games, by playing him!)

HIS MISERLY WAYS ARE CATCHING UP WITH HIM EVERY DAY!

Raaas Coach shocked angry

BTW: He cant deliver any trophy this year! He has lost the opportunity to go tops and overtake Man-U, a couple of times.

Dude it is okay to be frustrated with AW but stop lying with your conspiracy theories. AW has no single share in Arsenal FC, reason: because he decided he wanted to avoid any conflict of interest in doing his work.
The board will not sack AW, simple as that much like Everton will not sack Moyes. Unless he chooses to live, which is more likely if fans keep making useless noise. Arsene did not ask to build a stadium, it was the board that decided.

Here is a list of recent champions and their trophy drought but the media makes Arsene and Arsenal their object of obsession.
Barcelona 1999-2005 (no single trophy)
Inter Milan 1998-2006
Chelsea 2000-2005
Manchester United 1985-1990 (with Ferguson, no single trophy)
Liverpool 1995-2001 & 2006-2011

The season is not even over yet and peeps are making all their calculations. With 25 points out of a possible 30, Arsenal can still win the title this year, wait until May.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by renewnaija(m): 11:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
kcjazz:

Dude it is okay to be frustrated with AW but stop lying with your conspiracy theories. AW has no single share in Arsenal FC, reason: because he decided he wanted to avoid any conflict of interest in doing his work.
The board will not sack AW, simple as that much like Everton will not sack Moyes. Unless he chooses to live, which is more likely if fans keep making useless noise. Arsene did not ask to build a stadium, it was the board that decided.

Here is a list of recent champions and their trophy drought but the media makes Arsene and Arsenal their object of obsession.
Barcelona 1999-2005 (no single trophy)
Inter Milan 1998-2006
Chelsea 2000-2005
Manchester United 1985-1990 (with Ferguson, no single trophy)
Liverpool 1995-2001 & 2006-2011

The season is not even over yet and peeps are making all their calculations. With 25 points out of a possible 30, Arsenal can still win the title this year, wait until May.

Spoken like a true Wenger disciple. Mediocrity @ its finest. Wait until next this & next that  undecided

Arsene won his trophies when it was a 2 horse race with Fergie. Since the premiership was deregulated, he has not been able to evolve & win like Fergie. To Arsene, 2nd place is a 'big' achievement. Talk about ambition.

Back then when we had one of the best teams around, did we ever cross the Champ League quarter-finals? Or should i remind you of Carew(who killed us twice), Batigoal, Rivaldo etc who messed us up. They werent even in teams as good as Barca is now but they always had a filled day playing Arsenal. In 2006 final, the ref robbed Arsenal didnt he? Funny excuse. Btw dt time Man Utd won d trophy twice. And we looked on.

This ManUtd team is the worst I have seen since I started following football. Technically they are no match for Arsenal's players @ all. But Fergie somehow turns them into winning machines. (imagine a ManUtd midfield without a midfielder in Arsenal's game yet they still scored)

Even last year Barca d world's best team still strengthened with Mascherano & Villa. Mascherano saved Barca from Bendtner's sure goal. Ozil has ensured Madrid dont need Kaka again. Chicharito's decisive goals have kept United in the league. What did the Prof do? Lets just say Koscielny is started the trophy elimination in the Carling cup & Chamakh was free but he's not world class.

And to think Arsenal fans are the loudest noisemakers really pisses me off. They dont even know the strengths & weakness of their club right from time. Even Vieira as Captain of Arsenal said it during the Invincibles era that he doesnt see Arsenal winning the champ league in many years to come.

I guess he wasnt wrong then was he?

And yes,  I'm an Arsenal fan. Just a realistic one who enjoys the beautiful football & recognises the trophy room will still be empty for some time to come.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by dewaledipo: 8:03am On Mar 14, 2011
Spoken like a true Wenger disciple. Mediocrity @ its finest. Wait until next this & next that Undecided

Arsene won his trophies when it was a 2 horse race with Fergie. Since the premiership was deregulated, he has not been able to evolve & win like Fergie. To Arsene, 2nd place is a 'big' achievement. Talk about ambition.

Back then when we had one of the best teams around, did we ever cross the Champ League quarter-finals? Or should i remind you of Carew(who killed us twice), Batigoal, Rivaldo etc who messed us up. They werent even in teams as good as Barca is now but they always had a filled day playing Arsenal. In 2006 final, the ref robbed Arsenal didnt he? Funny excuse. Btw dt time Man Utd won d trophy twice. And we looked on.

This ManUtd team is the worst I have seen since I started following football. Technically they are no match for Arsenal's players @ all. But Fergie somehow turns them into winning machines. (imagine a ManUtd midfield without a midfielder in Arsenal's game yet they still scored)

Even last year Barca d world's best team still strengthened with Mascherano & Villa. Mascherano saved Barca from Bendtner's sure goal. Ozil has ensured Madrid dont need Kaka again. Chicharito's decisive goals have kept United in the league. What did the Prof do? Lets just say Koscielny is started the trophy elimination in the Carling cup & Chamakh was free but he's not world class.

And to think Arsenal fans are the loudest noisemakers really pisses me off. They dont even know the strengths & weakness of their club right from time. Even Vieira as Captain of Arsenal said it during the Invincibles era that he doesnt see Arsenal winning the champ league in many years to come.

I guess he wasnt wrong then was he?

And yes, I'm an Arsenal fan. Just a realistic one who enjoys the beautiful football & recognises the trophy room will still be empty for some time to come.

Renewnaija, you havespoken the truth that so many arsenal fans refuse to believe. Putting all these apart, injuries are now a serious concern for AW, he recently lost djorou again and there so many others that are carrying other forms of injury, I really hope AW would learn from these faster because he might go trophyless this season again.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by renewnaija(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2011
dewaledipo:

Renewnaija, you havespoken the truth that so many arsenal fans refuse to believe. Putting all these apart, injuries are now a serious concern for AW, he recently lost djorou again and there so many others that are carrying other forms of injury, I really hope AW would learn from these faster because he might go trophyless this season again.
Wenger is a bit stubborn in so many aspects and I dont think he learns easily. Its his way or the highway just like Fergie. The difference is that Fergie's 'hair-dryer treatment' works wonders. The same thing happened in 2003/2004 season when in a span of 10days Arsenal went from treble to single (which @ least they won) but did Wenger learn?

With rumours of Mourinho (who Wenger has never beaten)coming back to the premiership, it looks likes dark days ahead for Arsenal. The trophy winnning teams build their teams from the back starting from the goalkeeper, defence then moving on the the midfiled & attack. Everyone knows this but Wenger believes with our beautiful football, we can score more than we concede. I mean which world class team initially scores 4 goals and concedes 4 if not the under-17s & U-21 tournaments (red card or not)? That match alone is a premiership record.

How come injuries are killing the team now? Dont other teams have injuries & survive? Thats why Fabregas will leave. Nasri gave a warning recently saying anything can happen with him in the near future. The ambitious players are getting restless. When he looks @ the bench & sees Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner etc he isnt isnt inspired. If you dont buy established stars, drive a winning mentality into the mediocre ones you have and grind out results.

Wenger just doesnt cut it as winner adapting in these times. Sad.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by Zizi(f): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2011
Thank heavens for once we have an objective Arsenal fan. @renewnaija thanks for your beautiful comments. Arsenal plays so called entertaining football with no purpose and I blame no other but Wenger and his very miopic ways!!!!
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by BABE3: 2:21am On Mar 15, 2011
What I came up with!: (PS: I'm an Arsenal fan.)

Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by renewnaija(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2011
BABE!:

What I came up with!: (PS: I'm an Arsenal fan.)

Lol. Thats too harsh. Wenger is not that bad. He is good at spotting immense talent and has instilled a culture of playing beautiful. He has transformed our club to where it is today and it is not easy doing that in a league where ManUtd dominated for about a decade.

His only downside is that he doesnt have the winning mentality or drive that champions have & does not (or cannot) adapt to new challenges like old daddy Fergie has. He rarely charges his players & I think he even smooches  them telling them 'dont worry, next time!'.

When Gallas came from Chelsea to Arsenal, he criticised the Arsenal team saying they only trained on their passing game and the young players didnt stay behind for extra individual sessions like Drogba & Lampard did e.g. set pieces, pressing, shooting practice. Mourinho always has extra sessions on specifics cos no team has it all.

Remember what Fabregas said in the world cup that Arsenal doesnt really look at tactics but train on only their game? C'mon. In this age and time when tactics is key? What if your 'natural' game fails? There are so may issues that Wenger has to address for the team dominate the England not to talk of Europe.

Arsenal will get it right one day but i dont think it will be under Wenger except he adapts to the times. Its not rocket science! Fergie isnt a god is he?
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by BABE3: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ nuff said! But, ITS still the obvious I graphed though. smiley I understand his efforts and all that, but thats what the situation looks like for now.
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
BABE!:

^^^ nuff said! But, ITS still the obvious I graphed though. smiley I understand his efforts and all that, but thats what the situation looks like for now.

Hmm Texan
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by BABE3: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^yES BOSS!
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
Amarillo, Abilene, Lubbock, Austin or DFW?
Re: FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 by BABE3: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate Watching Barcelona Play. / Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch / Which Is The Top Possession Team In Europe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.