Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally (440 Views)

"I Pretended To Be Dead When Gunmen Killed Six In My Family" - Survivor (Photos) / 9-year-old Black Boy Wrongly Accused Of Sexual Assault By A White Woman (video) / Share Anonymous: Irregularities In A Sexual Assault Survivor’s Story? Science Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by shrinkchido(f): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
1. Avoid judgement: Desist from encouraging rape culture by asking questions such as “why did it take you so long to speak” ,”what were you wearing”.

2. If still within the time of incident,encourage and assist the person to report to the nearest police station and check into a hospital.

3. Respect: It is important to respect their feelings and their decisions. Let them cry if they feel like,it can be part of their healing process.

4. Listen: Do not be in a hurry to offer input, allow them go through the process of sharing their story.

5. Encourage them to seek professional counseling services. Nigeria currently has 22 Sexual Assault Referral Centers (SARCs)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by Christianokaro(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Well said Sally,
Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by toscolee(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
Seun
Lalasticlacla
Front page worthy please.
We all need to be good at helping in such circumstances.
Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by GIdiata(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
shey na man wey wear wig? undecided
Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by shrinkchido(f): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
I'm Honest, smart and i detest HYPOCRISY and BIGOTRY

That is you above right... You're the definition of BIGOTRY.

GIdiata:
shey na man wey wear wig?
Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by shrinkchido(f): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
I published it immediately as I see the content
toscolee:
Seun
Lalasticlacla
Front page worthy please.
We all need to be good at helping in such circumstances.
Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by shrinkchido(f): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
She did well. Make we encourage our own

Christianokaro:
Well said Sally,

1 Like

Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by toscolee(m): 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
shrinkchido:
I published it immediately as I see the content

Yes.
It is a good post.
Re: What To Do When A Sexual Assault Survivor Talks To You ~ Shrewdlysally by GIdiata(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
shrinkchido:
I'm Honest, smart and i detest HYPOCRISY and BIGOTRY

That is you above right... You're the definition of BIGOTRY.

ok

(1) (Reply)

‘how SARS Detained Me 22 Days, Tortured Me Until I Lost My Pregnancy’ / Gun Men Attack Pos Operator In Imo State(video) / Avoid These Set Of People! Warning For Students Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.