Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,863 members, 7,956,258 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit (1391 Views)

Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football / Rabiu Ibrahim Collapsed On The Pitch, Rushed To Hospital / Rabiu Ibrahim Signs Lucrative 3 & Half Year Deal With Celtic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by 12large1: 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2011
As reported by the official website of Dutch giants PSV, there is an agreement in principle for the Nigeria youth international, Rabiu Ibrahim to join the Eindhoven based club on a multi-year contract. A report in Dutch number one sports daily Voetbal International says the contract is until the summer of 2014.

On Friday, Marcel Brands, Technical Manager of PSV announced that not all obstacles have been overcome.

''PSV have signed an agreement in principle. Due to the deadline, the club signed him and all the formalities with the KNVB put in motion. If all the formalities are in place, then we shall sign the commitment., '' says Brands to the club's official website.

It was necessary for PSV to act quickly. Rabiu celebrates his twentieth birthday on Tuesday and as a player from outside the EU, he would have been entitled to wages of at least 500, 000 euros per year. Now the Nigerian earns only 264 000 euros.

In Nigeria, Rabiu is seen as a great talent and is being likened to the former Bolton start Austin Okocha. After a succesful world cup with the Nigeria Under 17s, a transfer to Sporting Lisbon followed. But he failed to justify his wonder-kid tag and was released from his contract.

Rabiu WILL join the Olympic Team next week.
Photo Credit: Official PSV Website
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by 12large1: 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
so basically he has signed but dutch nationa association needs to grant him work permit. thats definetly a good thing for us.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by semid4lyfe(m): 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2011
Good news, however I'll only shout hurray when he gets his work permit cool
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by 12large1: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2011
i think he would because if musa,uchebo and nkume can get work permit for small venlo then rabiu should be able to get for psv. anyway siasia needs to change that his 424 formation with more attacking midfilders availble we can't play only 2 midfilders
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by semid4lyfe(m): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2011
@12large

You must be the happiest person in the world cos your Rabiu Ibrahim has gotten a club grin

However, it's one thing to sign for a club and another thing to play for them. Remember, he was also signed by Sporting Lisbon but never kicked a ball in all his years there. . .

Better go on another round of fasting and prayers so he'll get his work permit, play regularly for the team and be invited by Samson Siasia to the Super Eagles grin
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by 12large1: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2011
semid not really of course i'm happy but i can't overrate him till he performs well. i remember how mikel performed in 2005 and acn 2006 then we all loved him only for him to become a sideways passer 2 years later. rabiu must perform well consistently before he can be really good. next is stanley okoro
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by montelik(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2011
12large1:

semid not really of course i'm happy but i can't overrate him till he performs well. i remember how mikel performed in 2005 and acn 2006 then we all loved him only for him to become a sideways passer 2 years later. rabiu must perform well consistently before he can be really good. next is stanley okoro

Will you ever let Mikel rest? You are always mocking him for sideways passing. grin grin
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by semid4lyfe(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
12large1:

If you believe the emboldened, then why have you always been calling for his invitation to the Super Eagles despite him being clubless and not playing football all these while? undecided
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by 12large1: 2:50am On Mar 14, 2011
well football is give and take. the guy performance in 2007 and 2009 was good and at that time nigeria didnt have any out and out attacking midfilder so the best thing to do at that time is to call ur only option and it was ibrahim. because even if he dosen't have a club his talent was there i still cannot take 6 defensive midfilders over him
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by enomakos(m): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2011
the guy almost ruin his career by moving to sporting
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by otokx(m): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
Holland will suit his style of play.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim Signs With Psv Pending Work Permit by newmi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
this is great news for him and we with him the best

(1) (Reply)

She Fell Down Few Meters Before The Finish Line In The Ongoing Commonwealth Game / Learn How Sports Bookies Manipulate Odds In Sports Betting / Vincent Enyeama, Ahmed Musa Name Among Africa Top 15 Footballers Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.