Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal (19776 Views)

Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Lampard Rages At His Squad After Conceding 90th Minute Goal Against West Ham / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ogbiwa: 9:14am On Nov 02, 2020
Paul Pogba has admitted he made a "stupid mistake" to give Arsenal their victory at Manchester United.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer felt Sunday's Old Trafford contest had "0-0 all over it" until Pogba needlessly lunged in on Hector Bellerin midway through the second half.

Bellerin appeared to be in a position of no danger when Pogba moved in and succeeded only in kicking the Spaniard, drawing the penalty which Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang converted to settle the game.

"Maybe I was a bit out of breath and it made me do this stupid mistake," the France international told BBC Sport.

"I felt like I touched him a bit and I knew I was in the box. I shouldn't have given a penalty away like that.

"I'm not the best defensively in the box but I can learn and work on that."

It was the third time Pogba, 27, had conceded a penalty during Solskjaer's time as United manager. No-one else has conceded more than one.

"Paul has held his hand up," said Solskjaer, who was overseeing his 100th game as United boss.

"He knows he could and should have done better in that instance. He knows if he stays on his feet it will be OK because the boy isn't going anywhere."

What does Pogba's future hold?
Pogba's mistake will again attract negative headlines around a player who draws extreme reactions, both positive and negative.

No-one can ever know what Pogba's future would have been had the coronavirus pandemic not ripped through the financial structure of Europe's major clubs.

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has never made any secret of his desire to bring his compatriot to the Bernabeu stadium.

However, even before the last seven months, Real's finances had not stretched to the kind of fee United wanted for a player they bought from Juventus for £90m in 2016.

The chances of it happening during the most recent close season were non-existent and it did not appear to be an accident that Pogba's high-profile and confrontational agent Mino Raiola has been talking recently about a contract extension.

A one-year option has been triggered, taking Pogba's present deal to 2022. However, his effectiveness on the pitch remains the subject of enormous debate.

Even taking out the penalty against Arsenal, he combined mixed statistics of good passing accuracy - 87.5%, the best of United's attacking players - with the fact he lost possession on 15 occasions, with no team-mate giving the ball away more frequently.

Scott McTominay was the only team-mate to cover more ground than Pogba's 10.26km, but there were no shots, a poor return for someone essentially viewed as an attacking threat.

Evidently, a point is being reached where a major decision needs to be made. If United offer a new deal, it will be enormous. If they do not, they risk losing him for nothing. On current evidence both options could be viewed as a gamble.

Solskjaer's immediate imperative is to get more from a player who tends to reserve his most effective performances for the international arena.

"We have to do better, the team and myself, but it starts with me," Pogba said.

"I cost us the goal today with the penalty but it was a poor team performance. We need to do a lot better."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54774068

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Freestainworld(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2020
The gone is done and dusted, experience was learnt yesterday.

16 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Logon59: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2020
There's always spotlight on Pogba so everything he does including mistakes, will be criticised. But I won't criticize him for giving away a penalty, everyone can make that mistake. I will however criticize him for giving the ball away 15 times in one match. Not because it's Pogba but any player that carelessly loses possession and puts his team under pressure that much in such a high intensity match, deserves every criticism that will come his way.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? or you have one but not satisfied with it's quality? Or you don't have the additional drawings (structural, mechanical, electrical and BOQ) contact me to design top standard and complete building plans plus full supervision all at decent costs. Chat or call 0816 124 7898 or visit any of the links below to see more.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Nazgul: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2020
grin
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by slawormiir: 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Conceding penalty to Arsenal is not a bad thing...
Losing possession on 15 occasions is the bad thing

Anyway what do i know i could not concentrate on the match yesterday because i watched the game in a beer parlor...
Some niggarrrr way their money don long were busy buying circoc, Hennessey and Andre to distract person

Wahalar dey for people way nor get money o

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by blinking001(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
YNWL. We move
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Legalcriminal: 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
This guy carrier don end already he doesn’t look like he exist in football anymore.
Na over proudness kill am

11 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by santos123(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
This guy is the most overrated player in the world. Since I have watched play,he has never had 3 straight dominant performance. Nonsense and ingredients

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by BankyGee(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
You fall mah hand period! I don dey get PTSD because of that match now seff angry

2 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by mdchikezie(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
POGBA IS REALLY HAVING A BAD TIME SINCE AFTER HIS INJURY, MORESO SINCE THE ARRIVAL OF BRUNO

2 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by osamz007: 11:28am On Nov 02, 2020
MY GOD WILL PUNISH YOU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Achico: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2020
I think he was paid to betray his team

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by dapsoneh: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2020
OVERRATED PLAYER

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by MiamiePizza(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
Thank you for conceding that penalty. Maximum 3 points secured yesterday. COYG

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by UncleHaba22: 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
No goal without miskate

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
So arsenal won united yesterday?

10 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ipobarecriminals: 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
embarassed
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Nelly4you: 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
hmm for real

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Mykelslim: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Arsenal outplayed Manchester United. Finish.

Stop apologising to the club and fans. No be to buy players be kolo. U sabi utilize them .

They should keep crying. Next match pls grin grin grin

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Elnino4ladies: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Over hyped player... Not good enough

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ignis: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2020
v
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Na today Pogba dy make mistake?

Iswr you need beating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by emperorAY(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2020
Pogba was played out of position . OGS lacks the capacity to coach a team like Manchester United
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Scarrr: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2020
Coyg grin
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Pogba is one hell of a talented player.

Although I fear he may not reach the heights he ought to attain.

One, he needs to be more consistent like KDB for example.

Secondly, he needs to leave United, I just think United are a shadow of their former glory days.

United will only hinder Pogba. He needs to move on to a better team.

I said what I said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by OgaRico(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2020
This guy is confused,he pays more attention to his social media and fashion life than football that brought him to where he is.Paul is always in the news for mostly wrong reasons than good ones and it doesn't look like he intend correcting some of these wrongs.
And to spoil everything, that man he has as an agent will not keep quiet for a second,every season he is finding a new club for Paul and if Paul continues this way,Balotteli type of situation nai get am.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by potbelly(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2020
angry angry angry
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by sajb(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2020
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by emeijeh(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2020
I blame you?
After you don cash out bet with away team to win.

Fvck you

2 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by fergie001: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2020
You are all mad.

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by bancoleh: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2020
He should have known better, bellerin couldn't have make use of the ball, but it was a costly mistake
Anyways
Video editing tutorial
Make a FILL TEXT EFFECT INTRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLQ3_mkSiY
FANTASTICAL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Griezmann Severs Ties With Huawei Over Uighurs / Key Questions Around Messi's Future / Steve Ritsons 2nd Golf Course Designed & Built In Anambra Southeast Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.