Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,077 members, 7,835,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal (19797 Views)

Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Lampard Rages At His Squad After Conceding 90th Minute Goal Against West Ham / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ictjobber: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2020
Okay
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Scarrr: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2020
emperorAY:
Pogba was played out of position . OGS lacks the capacity to coach a team like Manchester United
stop making excuse for mediocrity...that was his regular position in Juventus..I bet u don't even Kno anything about the guy

3 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by sajb(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2020
That coach has nothing to offer United going forward as he appears to be clueless. United can't even string together passes that can break down a defence under Ole
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2020
Man United made it easy for Arsenal. Arsenal could have won with more goals margin if they had taken their chances. They were the better team althrough the first half and most part of the second half. United players need to understand that you can't be a nice guy when playing a big team. Maybe they underrated Arsenal but that Arsenal team is better than the ones before that lacks discipline
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by olasubomi2354: 11:38am On Nov 02, 2020
No goal without miskate
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2020
mdchikezie:
POGBA IS REALLY HAVING A BAD TIME SINCE AFTER HIS INJURY, MORESO SINCE THE ARRIVAL OF BRUNO

If Ole knew what he was doing, Pogba won't be starting games, especially such important games.

United needs to completely sort out this midfield confusion once and for all! This experimentation can't continue!!!

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2020
dapsoneh:
OVERRATED PLAYER

When pogba player for juventus he did very well.. when Lukaku played for Everton he did well.. have u asked y these guys are not doin well at man u? Have u seen what Lukaku is doin at inter milan? The problem are not the players buh man u.. there's something definitely wrong

2 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2020
The commentator actually said this yesterday. grin grin grin
Peter Drury (commentator): "Right there you have two midfielders battling it out for glory and stardom, you look at Thomas and you can see he's really ready to Party But you look at Paul and it seems he's here to sweep after the party is over" grin angry

5 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by yemmight(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2020
Both Ole and Pogba are Idiotic.

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2020
sajb:
That coach has nothing to offer United going forward as he appears to be clueless. United can't even string together passes that can break down a defence under Ole

That's the main issue right now... United really struggles against highly defensive teams, which is what Arsenal has shockingly transformed to under Arteta!!!

This is why finishing top 6 this season will be very difficult for United!!!... They will fare very badly against lower teams!!!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by emmyrate1(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Logon59:
There's always spotlight on Pogba so everything he does including mistakes, will be criticised. But I won't criticize him for giving away a penalty, everyone can make that mistake. I will however criticize him for giving the ball away 15 times in one match. Not because it's Pogba but any player that carelessly loses possession and puts his team under pressure that much in such a high intensity match, deserves every criticism that will come his way
take it easy on him na ������
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Alejobs: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2020
grin
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Odunolumide(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Legalcriminal:
This guy carrier don end already he doesn’t look like he exist in football anymore.
Na over proudness kill am

"Carrier" ?
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 11:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

When pogba player for juventus he did very well.. when Lukaku played for Everton he did well.. have u asked y these guys are not doin well at man u? Have u seen what Lukaku is doin at inter milan? The problem are not the players buh man u.. there's something definitely wrong

Not fully in agreement!!...

Why has Bruno been flying high since he came??! Even Fred and McTominay have found their bearing!!!

Why did Mkhtaryan fail miserably after leaving United to Arsenal, but doing very well in Italy??!

Not every player does well in top teams in EPL compared to top teams in other leagues!!!... It takes an entirely different approach, commitment, and managerial tactical approach for players to thrive in EPL....

Yes, I said it... EPL is a far harsher, difficult, and bigger terrain compared to others!!!... Only the very Strong can survive in England!!! The pressure alone can make the best lose it!!!

Did Falcao perform better on leaving one top EPL club to the other??!...

That said... United is a work progress!!! I believe what they lack is managerial consistency!!!... This is why a part of me believes they should stick it out with Olé... Let him find his rhythm, build a philosophy, and ground it!!!... This is what AC Milan, Ajax, Atalanta, even Rangers are enjoying today!!!

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 11:57am On Nov 02, 2020
emperorAY:
Pogba was played out of position . OGS lacks the capacity to coach a team like Manchester United

Wrong!!!... You guys should stop covering up for Pogba!!! Even the guy knows he is messing up!

Pogba is talented! I have said this before, and will continue saying it!!! But, is that enough??! Nope!!!

Bruno is not better than Pogba in terms of skills and playing ability, neither are Kante and other exceptional midfield players... On a very good day, KDB won't even lace that Frenchman's shoes...

So, what is missing??! Commitment sir! Diligence to the craft of good football!!!... This is what Pogba is lacking!!!

Olé needs to man up, and relegate him to second fiddle till he becomes serious!!!

7 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ppogba: 11:57am On Nov 02, 2020
Scarrr:
stop making excuse for mediocrity...that was his regular position in Juventus..I bet u don't even Kno anything about the guy

May be he wants POGBA to be in goal. Then, we can say he is being played in the right position.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by emperorAY(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2020
Scarrr:

sorry but Pogba was not played on the flanks at Juventus and the national team. I'm not a man United fan but don't let ignorance cloud your sense of reason
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by timay(m): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Logon59:
There's always spotlight on Pogba so everything he does including mistakes, will be criticised. But I won't criticize him for giving away a penalty, everyone can make that mistake. I will however criticize him for giving the ball away 15 times in one match. Not because it's Pogba but any player that carelessly loses possession and puts his team under pressure that much in such a high intensity match, deserves every criticism that will come his way.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? or you have one but not satisfied with it's quality? Or you don't have the additional drawings (structural, mechanical, electrical and BOQ) contact me to design top standard and complete building plans plus full supervision all at decent costs. Chat or call 0816 124 7898 or visit any of the links below to see more.

Even the penalty give away sef is becoming annoying from him. This year alone he's given away stupid penalties 5 times. This season alone, he's given away 2 penalties. It's no more a one off mistake, it's now becoming a habit
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by emperorAY(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Wrong!!!... You guys should stop covering up for Pogba!!! Even the guy knows he is messing up!

Pogba is talented! I have said this before, and will continue saying it!!! But, is that enough??! Nope!!!

Bruno is not better than Pogba in terms of skills and playing ability, neither are Kante and other exceptional midfield players... On a very good day, KDB won't even lace that Frenchman's shoes...

So, what is missing??! Commitment sir! Diligence to the craft of good football!!!... This is what Pogba is lacking!!!

Olé needs to man up, and relegate him to second fiddle till he becomes serious!!!
I'm only pointing to the fact that Pogba was not the sole reason for the lost yesterday.
OGS is afraid of making substitutions and even when he does he takes out the wrong people
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
emperorAY:

I'm only pointing to the fact that Pogba was not the sole reason for the lost yesterday.
OGS is afraid of making substitutions and even when he does he takes out the wrong people

True on that!!!... That's why he and the team are a work in progress!!!

However, a good starting eleven should be winning games in the first half!!!
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Seunfretty: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Thats nt even the issue but pogba getting disposessed again and again....i do tell pple if am a coach i wont play an excessively skillful and ball jogglinh player in my midfield ...i will rather play an assured ball retenting midfielder...pogba is one of the earlier...his skillful but if focused on will get dosposessed easily and one place where u will easily get into trouble if u loose the ball is the midfield.....funny enough he can only play in the midfield.....he needs to be more básic in his play

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pogba is highly overrated and should not be playing for United.... He is arrogant

2 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Why has Bruno been flying high since he came??! Even Fred and McTominay have found their bearing!!!

Why did Mkhtaryan fail miserably after leaving United to Arsenal, but doing very well in Italy??!

Not every player does well in top teams in EPL compared to top teams in other leagues!!!... It takes an entirely different approach, commitment, and managerial tactical approach for players to thrive in EPL....

Yes, I said it... EPL is a far harsher, difficult, and bigger terrain compared to others!!!... Only the very Strong can survive in England!!! The pressure alone can make the best lose it!!!

That said... United is a work progress!!! I believe what they lack is managerial consistency!!!... This is why a part of me believes they should stick it out with Olé... Let him find his rhythm, build a philosophy, and ground it!!!... This is what AC Milan, Ajax, Atalanta, even Rangers are enjoying today!!!

It has to do with the manager and the club.. pogba is a star but the club is not doin well to bring out the best in him. Some players need a little push to be at there very best.

I have observed the way ole is using pogba and I realized he don't need him. He is under pressure to put pogba. Ole needs players with quick feet and that is the problem
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by amazingspiderma: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
In the words of James Carragher,
" if Paul Pobga was that good, we wouldn't be having this conversation ."

We don't talk about playing KVD, Aguero out of positions.

These guys get better every single season, since coming to the EPL.

Why can't someone look up Pobga in the eye and tell him, there is nothing classy about his performances.

Pobga and WorldClass should not be used in the same discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Alary: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
Man United made it easy for Arsenal. Arsenal could have won if they had taken their chances. They were the better team althrough the first half and most part of the second half. United players need to understand that you can't be a nice guy when playing a big team. Maybe they underrated Arsenal but that Arsenal team is better than the ones before that lacks discipline
You mean Arsenal could have won ?But they lose! Interesting.
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Olam09(m): 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
Maguire also caused penalty against Chelsea but Chelsea players were so stupid for not protesting for the penalty Manchester United are cheat big cheat! Thank God they got a taste of thier pee yesterday that's how getting unnecessary penalties looks like to other team ntor!

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Angelfrost(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

It has to do with the manager and the club.. pogba is a star but the club is not doin well to bring out the best in him. Some players need a little push to be at there very best.

I have observed the way ole is using pogba and I realized he don't need him. He is under pressure to put pogba. Ole needs players with quick feet and that is the problem

Are we not saying the same thing??!... You want the team playing to Pogba's strength instead of the other way round!!!...

Does KDB do that in Man City??! Is the team built around him?!!

Juventus wasn't built to suit Pogba! Pogba stepped up to cement his place there!!! He grew lazy and inconsistent since joining United...

1 Like

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by oneTIMEman(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
Elneny and Thomas finish you guys in that midfiled
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Silentgroper(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
The commentator actually said this yesterday. grin grin grin
Peter Drury (commentator): "Right there you have two midfielders battling it out for glory and stardom, you look at Thomas and you can see he's really ready to Party But you look at Paul and it seems he's here to sweep after the party is over" grin angry
the zealnut, is it a hook up site?
Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by Alary: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Work in progress indeed, I put all the blame on OGS , when you are playing a side that have their philosophy on midfield play and ball possession and retention, you don't start Pogba ,you can only play players who have high work rate and possess team discipline. Look at his first substitution for example,you are playing at home against a team that has no courage to beat you since 2006 ,you are in the second half yet no goal, your sub should reflect you want to go for the kill especially when the momentum is going Man united favour. ,but surprisingly he brought in Nemanja Matic to replace Fred ,wonderful .Does that not show he was afraid to attack. It even shows in his post match interview when he said Pogba made an error resulting in the penalty kick ,he said the match has a (0-0 )goalless draw written over it.Can you imagine a coach playing at home conceding at 69min saying that .If I'm part of the board I will push for his sack immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal by ToyinDipo(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pogba is a good guy, he is giving back all the penalties FA have been dashing United.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Wilfred Ndidi To Be Replaced By Alhassan Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.