Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,789 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life (7614 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima & Fred Amata's Daughter Joins Nollywood (Photos) / Fred Amata's Son, Oreva Amata Graduates With First Class From UK University / Mbong & Jeta Amata Spotted Together For The First Time Since Separation - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by tpsolomons: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2011
“This is a warning to you. It has come to our notice that you have produced a video about the problem in the Niger-Delta without proper consultations regarding the true state of affairs in the area. You are hereby warned not to release that video or be faced with grave consequences.

We are very well informed about your daily routine and that of your child. Your address is 35 Colorado Close, Maitama, Minister’s Hill and your child schools at Ecole Francais Marcel-Pagnol d’Abuja, Durumi district,Abuja. Be warned”!

Those who have watched the movie said it amy have revealed some uncomfortable secrets behind the struggle of the Niger-Delta and how some disgruntled leaders are playing politics with the lives of the citizens.
These and more are what the said group does not want to be a public knowledge.

The Niger Delta region of Nigeria has 606 Oil-fields and exports 50% of all its oil resources to the United States and is the world’s capital of oil pollution.

Corrupt government officials, greedy oil companies and violent rebels go on a war path over oil spills and the degradation of the land caused by oil exploration

The film x-rays fifty years of uncorrected oil spills and lack of clean-up which has destroyed the environment and ecosystems leaving the area almost uninhabitable while obliterating the livelihood of its residents costing them basic human rights such as health, access to food, clean water, and an ability to work.

Black Gold was to be premiered on February 24th at the Silverbird Galleria in Lagos but the latest developments may have distrupted the plans of the movie producers.

The film has an impressive casts, starring Mbong Amata, Tom Sizemore, Vivica Fox, Billy Zane, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Sarah Wayne Callies, Razaaq Adoti, Dede Mabiaku, Eric Roberts, Larry Manetti and Michael Madsen.

The film produced by Starkid productions owned by American based Nigeria, Ori Ayomike, was directed by Jeta Amata in collaboration with Suzanne DeLaurentiis was shot in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria and in Los Angeles, California.

http://beep-me..com/2011/03/jeta-amata-flees-nigeria-for-his-life.html

Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Osama10(m): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2011
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by ifyalways(f): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2011
A good movie marketing strategy. smiley
Im off to youtube to check out the movie.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by mamagee3(f): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2011
Why would Jeta brings this kind of problem upon himself?

The movie looks like it's gonna be fun to watch though.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Fogman(m): 12:53am On Mar 13, 2011
BIG Cartel behind oil bunkkering and Niger delta struggle
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Goldieluks: 2:06am On Mar 13, 2011
wow,can't wait to see this movie.wooooow shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by texazzpete(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2011
Goldieluks:

wow,can't wait to see this movie.wooooow shocked shocked shocked shocked

This marketing stunt has succeeded in catching one person, i see.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by sorrytoo: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
texazzpete:

This marketing stunt has succeeded in catching one person, i see.

No 2 undecided

ifyalways:

A good movie marketing strategy. smiley
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by favouredjb(f): 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
Lolz @texaspete

i don't think he would do this as a marketing strategy,that ll be lame
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by sleekman(m): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2011
Please make that 3
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
ifyalways:

A good movie marketing strategy.  smiley

Full Stop.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
There should be Police notices about this incident, otherwise my native neighbors will be hunting for producers of movies that present occult and blood money rituals as well as yahoo-yahoo boys. I think it is a publicity stunt. I saw the trailer and a bit of the acting, I was not impressed save for the quality of the production/sound. I fear the acting/script won't hold me in suspense at all. but who am i to judge. Jeta, better contact the GEJ's special adviser on Nigeri-Delta, Emperor, Alhaji, Sultan Mujahid Asari Dokubo for immediate assistance  grin
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Areosapien(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
WOW!! Naija don dey try sha. I guess I was a little too hard on Nollywood.
Jeta Amata is doing great!
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Blazing99: 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
The truth is bitter. The Niger-deltans who have benefitted from the oil issues in the country cannot stand being exposed. The threat is very callous and unnecessary. To those people who keep saying the Northerners are the most violent and insensitive, could you explain to me what's happening now?
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by OWOLAYEMO: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
I hope its not true otherwise make the guy run oooo!
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by temmytanny(m): 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2011
is the film out? i need to watch. this may win awards ooooo. like the graphics and production
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by McCoy91(m): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
Would he reveal his address and that of his child's school for a marketing stunt? Except they don't check out. And @OP, I don't see where it says he has skipped Nigeria.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by hardbody: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
This one, I jump am Pass.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by kufreabasi(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2011
This is Nigeria for us. Truth they say is always bitter. they handy work of the devil is being exposed like this, their territory is always in trouble.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by slimberri: 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2011
Promo things! grin
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by yuzedo: 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
Mschewww!! Cheap marketing stunt! So d kidnappers abi na people wey wan harm am go still dey praise d film say im get better cast come dey name dem? Abi dem go dey reveal dem secret more as this "letter" did? Who wrote this crap?! Well, on 2nd thots, i give it to them, shebi e don generate publicity wey dem dey find? People don hear black gold, see d cast, ok, i fit try watch am sha, but dem for try with this "statement" wey dem write,  Its too glaring to the discerning that this aint a good PR person that wrote it, showing ur hand and all,   undecided angry
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by rasputinn(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2011
yuzedo:

Mschewww!! Cheap marketing stunt!

Marketing stunt or no marketing stunt,those ND racketeers are very capable of issuing that kind of threat,err,err by the way where can I buy ze movie grin grin
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by TeskyMan(m): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
yuzedo:

Mschewww!! Cheap marketing stunt! So d kidnappers abi na people wey wan harm am go still dey praise d film say im get better cast come dey name dem? Abi dem go dey reveal dem secret more as this "letter" did? Who wrote this crap?! Well, on 2nd thots, i give it to them, shebi e don generate publicity wey dem dey find? People don hear black gold, see d cast, ok, i fit try watch am sha, but dem for try with this "statement" wey dem write,  Its too glaring to the discerning that this aint a good PR person that wrote it, showing your hand and all,   undecided angry

I guess u aint reading with yoiur "jigi oju" probably u would have known that those who posed the treat did not praise the film nor spoke about the cast.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by EfeEkarume1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
I am reporting live from seychelles, as am writing this, Jeta amata is rocking in a so-called club - name witheld - with two beautiful ladies. Indeed, he has flown out of naija.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by eros(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2011
The movie will be an interesting watch.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by 190: 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2011
Is Jeta amata a new Boing 747 airline

please someone explain further to me who he is

im not a nigerian undecided
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by bechex(m): 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
Lovely cast, should be a nice movie. I will def be at the Cinema's when it comes out.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by fishaboi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2011
i hope the stunts in the movie are better than this one, because this is pretty lame.
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2011
I'll rather die by the noose than watch a movie directed by a nigerian. You can tell it's just a wanna be , something towing the line of blood diamond. Mscheww
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by mamagee3(f): 8:11pm On Mar 14, 2011
fishaboi:

i hope the stunts in the movie are better than this one, because this is pretty lame.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by tjskii(f): 8:17pm On Mar 14, 2011
190:

Is Jeta amata a new Boing 747 airline

please someone explain further to me who he is

im not a nigerian undecided

see dis one,continue deluding urself u hia tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jeta Amata Flees Nigeria For His Life by tlops(m): 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2011
^^^^women!

who is Jeta or is it Jega, Amata.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olamide Finally Meets Twin Brother / I Was So Beautiful Men Fought To Marry Me – Iya Aladuke / Big Booty South African Girl With Brains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.