Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Question Of Morality. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Question Of Morality. (654 Views)

Seun Embarasses Maclatunji (the Fall Of Arrogance) Morality 101 *Edited* / True Life Situation.. A Testcase Of Morality & Reality. / Anambra Bans Condoms And Birth Control In The Name Of Morality. Are They Daft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question Of Morality. by Advocator: 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2011
Whats your take on the actions of the following character.

Character 1. This person bought a very expensive dress, costing about $800 if rounded, for a reason so trivial, to wear it on a wedding for one night or maybe lets just say for a a promo night. When everyone asked her why she would waste that much money on one single dress that she probably wouldn't wear on daily basis, she replied "I will take it back tomorrow morning, all I have to do is don't dirty it and I will get the full refund" Let's suppose she did take back for a full refund. Now the question is, whats your take on this?

What are your personal feelings towards this particular scenario? was she wrong? Was she right anh why?

Lately I been noticing dis drift in every community.
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Ethiodime: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
omg dats so happen all da time.

IMO i tink buying somthin with da intention of returnin it, is temporary theft! yall may deny it but dis is true talk.
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Advocator: 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2011
^

That is one way to judge this whole scenario.

However you shouldn't forget that we live in a really unrealistic and a very materialistic world. You shouldn't be questioning the girls' actions ONLY but why a dress costs so much[b] too. [/b]
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Ethiodime: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2011
Advocator:

^

That is one way to judge this whole scenario.

However you shouldn't forget that we live in a really unrealistic and a very materialistic world. You shouldn't be questioning the girls' actions ONLY but why a dress costs so much[b] too. [/b]

u r rght . anyways we shld knoe dat doing wat is right is a choice and its somthing u can choose as opposed to questionin why a dress would cost so much. those gals shld either buy it or leave it, dat is beyond thier control ain't it? But doin wat is right is conscious decision one make. society is fuked, but dat ain't no excuse be a fuked up too. smiley
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Advocator: 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2011
^
EthioDime Is this about whats right and wrong? under whose definition? Is it right that these multi-million stores buy their materials from 3rd world countries and use children and cheap labors, then ship it down to our local shops, create ads to sell it and charge those poor ladies high prices. grin

There's saying that say t-i-t for tat is a fair game. Now I don't want you thinking that I'm supporting those "temporary thieves' like you said. What I'm trying to prove is, we can't blame those girls alone. There's a higher indececy that is pushing those girls to do what they are doing. grin
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Ethiodime: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2011
Advocator:

^
EthioDime Is this about whats right and wrong? under whose definition? Is it right that these multi-million stores buy their materials from 3rd world countries and use children and cheap labors, then ship it down to our local shops, create ads to sell it and charge those poor ladies high prices. grin

There's saying that say t-i-t for tat is a fair game. Now I don't want you thinking that I'm supporting those "temporary thieves' like you said. What I'm trying to prove is, we can't blame those girls alone. There's a higher indececy that is pushing those girls to do what they are doing. grin

Lmaooo dude wat im tryna say is y wold some1 buy somthing just 2 use it for a night n return it the next morning for full money back? isn't dat morally wrong?
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Advocator: 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
^
Again that girl is not wrong. Maybe not right but definitely NOT wrong.

The only thing wrong about her is that she belongs to a society such as this one. And if that is the case then we, the ones passing judgment on her- are all wrong. Maybe this girl would not had the need to return it if someone, somewhere decided to sell a dress a reasonable price. We just can't blame those girls alone is my point.

Anyhow let's hear other peoples' opinion, before you & I reach a conclusion.
Re: A Question Of Morality. by pinkrex(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2011
She's a thief for wanting to live beyond her means. What diffrnce does it make wen she wears today n return it tomorrow? There are clothes beta and cheaper than the one she bought for sure! If yu wanna show off den be ready to pay d price!
Re: A Question Of Morality. by obowunmi(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2011
This doesn't sound like a moral question to me. When celebrities wear gowns and tuxedos that they borrow for the day to award shows, no one complains ---- its like renting a car for the day to fulfill a particular deal. This is not a big deal to me --- its a matter of choice. Some wise folks have even created a business out of renting out expensive designer clothes to people for a day. People do this for diamond jewelry as well. It all boils down to CHOICE. This is not a morality question.
Re: A Question Of Morality. by pinkrex(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2011
#fact.@obowumi. She's not a 'celebrity'
Re: A Question Of Morality. by obowunmi(m): 11:05am On Mar 13, 2011
Never said she was, clearly illustrating that this is normal behavior for some people and won't see anything wrong with it.
Re: A Question Of Morality. by pinkrex(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2011
Yah opinion baby! But can yu do dat?
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 16, 2011
nothing wrong with or unusual about it.
that is how some of the most famous of stars "shop".
they wear outfits, tuck in the tags and return them after flaunting them.

now she could use some of that money to help the local salvation army or
shelter but other wise nothing wrong with it.
Re: A Question Of Morality. by igbaekeme: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Dat's total nonsense, I am sure in the receipt she collected, there was somethng lyk no liability whatsoever and no refund of payment if anythng happens
Re: A Question Of Morality. by MaiSuya(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
I personally dont see anything wrong here
Re: A Question Of Morality. by Dolemite(f): 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
born ready

(1) (Reply)

Knock Knock, Every Living Person Enter. / Why You Need To Forgive And How To Do It / Honda Crv 2004model And Golf3 For Sale At A Reasonable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.