Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,311 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says (44326 Views)

Melania Trump Could Be Set To Divorce Donald Trump, Expert Says / US Midterm Election 2018: Democrats Flipped 6 Governoship Seats-nyt / Woman Who Flipped Off Trump Says She Was Fired For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by Emedu(m): 6:40am On Nov 04, 2020
President Donald Trump is now favored to win the election based on an average of betting websites, an expert told Fox News Tuesday.

Within the past few hours, the website, electionbettingodds.com, created by Maxim Lott and John Stossel, recently flipped its averaged betting odds in favor of Trump.

"He hasn't won yet, but it's looking like he might," Lott told Fox News Tuesday night.

Lott said betting odds on his site this morning, which are averaged from other gambling websites, had Trump as just a 38% favorite to win the election. As of 11 p.m., Trump is more than a 70% favorite. Democratic presdiential candidate Joe Biden currently stands at just under 30%.

"I was surprised though to see it flip so quickly," he added.

Lott created a program on his website that every minute goes to different gambling sites, including FTX.com, Smarkets, and Betfair to check what the odds are.

He said the site was created in 2015 with the belief that markets and are the best predictor of what's going to happen because "they have an incentive to get it right."

While experts had Biden as the clear favorite to win the election, Lott said this year made things a bit more unpredictable. 

I always thought, and I said this before the election, that they were overconfident -- because 2020 is such a crazy year," he said. "You can't predict things."

He said that polls could be off because of shy voters and social pressure against Trump voters right now. He added that another ex-factor people may have not been looking at was mail-in ballots.

Still, Lott said the betting odds could flip back to Biden. He described the former vice president's chances as flipping a coin two times and getting heads both times. 

That's about the chance it flips back to the former Vice President," he continued.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/betting-odds-have-flipped-to-favor-trump-expert-says]

5 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2020
The tension is plenty
They shld just declare Trump.the winner let's hear word.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by chewwie(m): 7:00am On Nov 04, 2020
John Stossl is incredibly intelligent, check him out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by McCoy662(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
The tension is plenty
They shld just declare Trump.the winner let's hear word.
No more tension the remaining states are turning red except Arkansas which has only 3 electoral college. Trump wins.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:40am On Nov 04, 2020
bencr7:
Fan of trump but I want biden to win, becuz I want to see him be d president USA let us see wat is going to give to america but if trump win I will be very happy
You right now......

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:40am On Nov 04, 2020
The only people messing with the election right now is Pennsylvania.
#Trump2020

teacherbim:
My Zaddy should win ooooo,I so much like his boldness and craze.
Lol grin
Na real craze man!
Himself know say him craze!!

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by cosmatika(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2020
I dont understand how the votes are counted.
All I'm praying is that may the counsel of the wicked not stand. May the rod of the wicked not stand on the righteous.
Anything the Most High has forBIDDEN be left at that.
At the end may the TRUMP sound

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by SantiagoMo(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Let's settle this here
Like for Donald Trump
Share for Joe Biden

403 Likes 70 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by aysnoopy(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Make trump win so that angels go blow trumpet

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by Yenefer(f): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
These voting maps make my head spin. “If people with blonde hair dropped off a mail in ballot on Thursday, then Trump will win, but if cat owners vote in person, then Biden will win.”

3 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by IamPlato(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Take it or leave it...

A country like America seriously needs a man like Trump...

They are angered by the fact that trump is unbendable to their rants...

Many celebrities in America criticizing trump can never make America better if they are in the seat of power.

I saw one of them said trump imported corona virus to America...

I thought Americans are different but unfortunately many reason poorly like Nigerians...

Trump is one smart motherfucker that knows what he is doing..

And the truth be told, Trump is not racist, all that are people who hate him for not giving them freedom to iniquity.

Trump rules like a king, he makes the decision, he is not the type that does eveyothing the people ask...

He does the right thing and any thing that doesn't feel right is felt out and he is never afraid to tell you that something is wrong or doesnt make sense

By the way

Fellow Nigerian youths, you must read this book if we wish to win the next election

https://okadabooks.com/user/The_director_2671

The plight, the plot and the Glory

It's free for now

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by ignis: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Abeg, make dem do call result.
Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by Gidangyarah: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations to the eventual winner

3 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Definitely.
A study of past elections suggests anyone that wins Ohio wins the elections.
Big congratulations to Trump.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by tyup(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Some fools here were busy drafting how Biden was gonna floor Trump with a Big margin forgetting that They're not Americans and Americans are not them

My only Joy right now is that I never wasted my time, space and knowledge dragging points with them. sad

31 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by sammysmiles(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
I jxt dey pity dat guy wey stake 1m pound for Biden....

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by osamz007: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Maga

2 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by DenreleDave(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
grin

Congrats to Donald Aderibigbe Chukwuemeka Bashir Terwase Trump.

We Nigerians are rooting for you.. Even Boko haram & Igbos are happy for you. grin grin grin grin grin grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by newharddrives(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by Raypawer(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Hm
Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by salbis(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Donald Trump for the second term.

8 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by inoki247: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
People wey Bet for Nairaland show us Betting Slip

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Baft1:
Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by teacherbim(f): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
My Zaddy should win ooooo,I so much like his boldness and craze.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by RomanGreen: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Cool....Go Trump

7 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Trump all the way man...

11 Likes

Re: Election Betting Odds Have Flipped To Favor Trump, Expert Says by KayCee92(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Arrested After Allegedly Touching Spanish Journalist’s Bottom Live On Air / Germany Bans Gathering Of More Than 2 People / Jan. 6 Rioter Who Put His Feet On Desk In Pelosi's Office Sentenced To 4.5 Yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.