Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! (12786 Views)

Multichoice Dstv In Trouble With Nigeria Over Outrageous Subscription Fee / How To Fix DSTV Problem Of Channels Not Displaying After Subscription Solved / STARTIMES DECODER Now 7,000 Naira PLUS 1 MONTH FREE SUBSCRIPTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by lagoshost(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2011
Hi all,

I just spoke with someone from dstv and I was made to understand that they are increasing their subscription few.

I have ahead about this?

Your comments pls.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by pofolo(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2011
dooms day ahead.

confirmed !!!,
additional #300 av bin added to all bouquet except access #1500.
with great competition frm paytv ,mytv now 1900 having reduce from 2500,hitv reduce to 3500 from 6000. startimes @ 1000 and not forgetting the rise of free to air satelites and know how, as alot peeps r now aware of great packages for free, they will simply be pressing their self destruct botton themselves, especially for 9ja were dey have d highest subscriber base in africa.

my peice of advice to their management, 4low other paytv trend by reducing not increasing.
ask hitv, dey go tell una oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by GeorgeD1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
dstv have always tried to increase their subscription fees in the past. but for the stiff competition fron hitv and mytv and fta knowledge many of us would have been at their mercy.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by Flodel(f): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
Dstv are digging their own grave, increase in subscription indeed. Viva fta!
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by lagoshost(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
Revolution, what about that? lets force them to reduce it,
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by maskuraid(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
Nobody will tell the fly not to follow deadbody into the grave.dstv can dig their hole,as for me and my household fta na ebeano.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by lagoshost(m): 1:31am On Mar 15, 2011
I have been sing dstv for sometime now. I need to change over to another sort,
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by freshp(m): 7:34am On Mar 15, 2011
Like my esteemed member would say

Hmmm . . . . sounds like a planĀ  grin
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by bodejohn(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2011
lagoshost:

Revolution, what about that? lets force them to reduce it,

And how will you do this?
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by lagoshost(m): 10:01am On Mar 15, 2011
bodejohn:

And how will you do this?

Good question. As a programmer, I can develop a script that will allow you to submit a petition. So what we are going to do is to encourage user to submit a petition against them, when they see 100000 petitions, them, they will be forced to reduce the price.

It has worked in USA and it will work here.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by omo9ja1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
am coming back sad
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by jude33084(m): 12:45pm On Mar 15, 2011
na dem sabi sad
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by sewa36447(m): 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
Lets go for StarTimes, it is the latest pay Tv in Nigeria that works without Dish. Just N1000 monthly subscription. For more Information, Call- 07042703913 .
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by hasyak(m): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
lagoshost:

Good question. As a programmer, I can develop a script that will allow you to submit a petition. So what we are going to do is to encourage user to submit a petition against them, when they see 100000 petitions, them, they will be forced to reduce the price.

It has worked in USA and it will work here.
let the game begin, am in!
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by JUO(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
when i have over 90 channels with just two dishes na im dstv dey increase price. if you want some of them, here are they http://www.lyngsat.com/ew4.html
the best sound quality on tv was found here, i like the sound quality. especially from my equipment (CD) http://www.mboatv.com/index.html

N.B the station is on mpeg4
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by ASHANDY(f): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
if they try it, they will lose so many customers like myself, d so call african magic are old films and its most repeated times without number, if not for my kids that watch cartoon network, i would have opt out long time.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by eros(m): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2011
I think we should force them to reduce their price or better still, let the other competitors step up their game and let's all dump DSTV. angry angry angry angry
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
There is simply no competition.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by wonderz(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2011
We have always been shooting ourselves in the leg. Nigerians revolted against HiTV to the extent that they lost the rights to air EPL matches. DsTV is a fraud. We need to encourage local businesses to thrive. Enough of outsiders milking our economy. Do you know Nigerians pay more to watch DsTV than their counterparts in SA?
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by Izunwa(m): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
DSTV wld av gone into extinction since last year if not 4 HITV dat allowed them 2 win EPL Licence. I think thats wat is still holdin back most subscribers like me from dumpin our decoder. angry
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by Bawss1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
sewa36447:

Lets go for StarTimes, it is the latest pay Tv in Nigeria that works without Dish. Just N1000 monthly subscription. For more Information, Call- 07042703913 .

Its the latest with the worst offerings of TV channels.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by Johnnoo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
they r digging their grave!
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by ziashi(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
this so call DSTV dat doesn't care about their customers,they are only after money, they should go tell hell.
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by adamu257: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
So they allow us to buy their decoder first. what a strategy.

http://mesotheliomasymptom-ojebor..com/
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by BabaO2: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
Bunch of criminals, the company should go down in flames.
They are operating multiple businesses in Nigeria with one license and working in partnership with their fellow country people MTN duping we unsuspected Nigerians.
Charging us premium rate SMS and compel you to use minimum of 3 chargeable minutes to report their always epileptic services to their helpdesk
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by dotman(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
Truth betold, non of these order ones can beat the DSTV standard, however, the DSTV standardis terrible, now imagine the standard of the others. Dont ruin the future of your kids by allowing them watch other cablechannels. The best we can do is revolt, sign a pettition, online, blackberry, socia sights n all, getting more than 10000 signatures would go a long way.

My view
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by chopper(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
i use both HITV and DSTV, apart from EPL which i hardly have time to watch, there is no difference in all paytv channels. if DSTV tries it, they will be digging their grave and we shall sure bury them here in naija
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by user32(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
without dstv in nigeria, paytv is virtually useless,only dstv shows premiership, big brother africa, and some high season/series movies which other hardly give. They are simply da best no matter de price DSTV, ACCEPT NOTHING LESS
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by JUO(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
a beg make una enter share share, na 5h (N500) per month
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by Sophieamore1(f): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
wow! so many strange names. please thread starter, this topic should be moved somewhere else, this is no market place
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by indeminity: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
shocked Just called DSTV the confirmed Increase Their Subscription Fee! dis guys r taking us for granted! Premium now goes for N10,000.00 from N9,500.00
Re: Dstv To Increase Their Subscription Fee! by JUO(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
if u know u don't like their service then leave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stable IPTV Provider / How Ro Track Startimes / Tv1 Cccam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.