Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There (2510 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by lekki1444: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2020
So have you ever travelled and moved to the abroad and further down the line start regretting your decisions ? for many reasons such as
1-i dont feel like i belong here, everywhere i enter these oyinbo people follow me with evil eye like what are you doing here and back home i just used to bounce into any joint like it was my fathers house and feel at home
2- i miss going to mamaput
3--this cold weather is to harsh for me
4- i left a good job in naija and now i am working as a security guard and being disrespected by a 16 year old white boy who if it was my country i will slap him, but because it is a 16 year old oyinbo he is superior to me here
5-ahhhh which one is all these bills now ? so i have to pay the government money for watching my own tv ? shocked shocked shocked i have to pay for parking on the streets ? i must pay for insurance which the amount is equivalent of like 1 million naira in nigeria ?
6-ahhh so i have to pay money to the council just for existing ? the amount of which is about 600, thousand a year
7-ahhh which kind of rent is this now ? so you want me to pay 4 million naira equivalent in rent per year ? shocked shocked in naija my rent was 500,000 a year na cry cry if i pay 4 million naira for rent in naija na banana island i go dey live with davido and them celebs but you want me to give you 4 million naira for this rundown council estate where piss dey smell inside elevator ? oyinbo man make you fear GOD oooo shocked cry cry
8-so you mean because you employ me to work for 8 hours i must be working for the whole 8 hours ? i cant relax shocked shocked chheiii in my office in naija i used to just relax in the office and watch yutube videos on my iphone cry cry
9- cheiii i am lonely here oooo nobody has time for me. i have no frriends. i am starting to talk to myself alone at home. i think i am going crazy cry cry

etc etc. have you relocated abroad and start regretting it ?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by moneyshop: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2020
Make I travel first, then I will know if I will regret it or not.

Me wey never enter Lagos before undecided undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by pocohantas(f): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2020
lekki1444:
So have you ever travelled and moved to the abroad and further down the line start regretting your decisions ?

No I haven’t, but I reckon every or most new immigrants go through this phase. You won’t be the first I hear this from.

for many reasons such as
1-i dont feel like i belong here, everywhere i enter these oyinbo people follow me with evil eye like what are you doing here and back home i just used to bounce into any joint like it was my fathers house and feel at home

They’ll get used to you and you’ll get used to their stares. Back home, we also look at fair Nigerians like that, let alone foreigners.

Pele. Find Nigerian kitchen or cook your mamaput standard.

You’ll get used to this too. When you come back next, e go remain to sleep inside deep freezer. You go say Naija too hot and our AC no dey cool. cheesy

4- i left a good job in naija and now i am working as a security guard and being disrespected by a 16 year old white boy who if it was my country i will slap him, but because it is a 16 year old oyinbo he is superior to me here

Good job is relative, I know people with good jobs that say they see no need to leave this country. Just accept you need them, make you no fight person one day. Our security guards for here, them dey send them to buy hot eggroll and mortuary standard sprite. I am sure no one has sent you on such errand.

5-ahhhh which one is all these bills now ? so i have to pay the government money for watching my own tv ? shocked shocked shocked i have to pay for parking on the streets ? i must pay for insurance which the amount is equivalent of like 1 million naira in nigeria ?

Nigerians are averse to taxes, we enjoy getting value and services for free. The fact that we don’t see significant output for the ones we pay back home might come into play, but it takes money to keep a system up and some of that money will come from citizens.

Insurance is very important in a society that doesn’t thrive on God-factor. You don’t leave things to chance.

6-ahhh so i have to pay money to the council just for existing ? the amount of which is about 600, thousand a year

Would you rather not exist? grin

7-ahhh which kind of rent is this now ? so you want me to pay 4 million naira equivalent in rent per year ? shocked shocked in naija my rent was 500,000 a year na cry cry if i pay 4 million naira for rent in naija na banana island i go dey live with davido and them celebs but you want me to give you 4 million naira for this rundown council estate where piss dey smell inside elevator? oyinbo man make you fear GOD oooo shocked cry cry

If you were in Nigeria, you wouldn’t pay 4m, because you wouldn’t even be earning it. There is something called PPP (Purchasing Power Parity), Nigerians should read about it and understand how money works across countries. It is not okay to just convert any FCY to LCY (Naira) and assume all things are equal, it never is.

8-so you mean because you employ me to work for 8 hours i must be working for the whole 8 hours ? i cant relax shocked shocked chheiii in my office in naija i used to just relax in the office and watch yutube videos on my iphone cry cry

Be like you been dey work for civil service? grin

9- cheiii i am lonely here oooo nobody has time for me. i have no frriends. i am starting to talk to myself alone at home. i think i am going crazy cry cry

When you leave Nigeria, you will miss our nosiness. I’ll suggest you identify a Nigerian community, maybe a church and start from there. Be careful though, I heard they could be overbearing, albeit helpful for newcomers.

You will be fine. Find new hobbies and skills to keep you busy, then take it one step at a time. Congratulations on leaving the shithole.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Righteousness89(m): 10:09am On Nov 07, 2020
My Advice to anyone who intends to travel is to seek for Divine Guidance so that you won't be in USA , Australia or Europe and the Guy under the bridge in Ojota is living better than you...

So many are Having it Crazy and tough!

Imagine What those without documents went through in these Plandemic Seasons..
No Job! No Help From Government!
Many Have Gone through Hell in the past few months!

Before you Dare to Travel! Seek Divine Guidance!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

You will be fine. Find new hobbies and skills to keep you busy. Take it one step at a time. Congratulations on leaving the shithole.
Do you honestly see Nigeria that?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by peppermint7(m): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2020
That one is your problem.
Atleast let me be regretting in a better place. Imagine staying in Nigeria and regretting why you never went abroad.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Petyprincess(f): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2020
N0 1 isn't a problem for people living in USA and other countries with lot of Nigerians but the problem is a plate might cost 20-50 dollars cheesy so if you want to eat Nigerian food in restaurants in foreign country don't dare convert to naira because you might avoid eating out grin

In fact whatever you do or buy don't try converting it to naira lol.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Vietnaminfo(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2020
Once their are adequate and functional basic amenities, you will never regret anything. I was welcomed by winter cold the month I landed and I was like disappearing to appear in Nigeria. It wasn't funny but I got used to it. One thing I need to educate us is to prepare yourself before travelling out. Get aquintented with a good skill and God by your side, you will have cause to be stable. No country is bad except you lack some demanding skills. If you are not into Medical line, toe the line of IT and you wouldn't regret it.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2020
Petyprincess:
N0 1 isn't a problem for people living in USA and other countries with lot of Nigerians but the problem is a plate might cost 20-50 dollars cheesy so if you want to eat Nigerian food in restaurants in foreign country don't dare convert to naira because you might avoid eating out grin

In fact whatever you do or buy don't try converting it to naira lol.
What are we saying what is you saying undecided
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Petyprincess(f): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2020
ZIINI:

What are we saying what is you saying undecided
People that can assimilate already understood what i wrote, ASUU strike nd covid 19 made matter worst so i understand your plight ☺.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by BigDawsNet: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
When you left half of you family in nigeria it can be naturally lonely

When they join you few years later...

And you have d same dinner chat on one table togther 10000 miles away from nigeria...

It will restore lots of good feelings back into your life...

The rest is just normal...
Act like a roman when you in Rome

So pay tax
Pay your rent, no question asked
Pay parking space
Pay insurance
Go to movies
Get a dog
Blend with the winter

And finally date a white Lady.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by privaldo: 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
BigDawsNet:

And you have d same dinner chat on one table togther 10000 miles away from nigeria...

So pay tax
Pay parking space
Pay insurance
Go to movies
Get a dog
Blend with the winter

Apt, in Rome act like a Roman.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by SGANIVA(m): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
yes China , getting a job in China is hell and extension of Visa or getting a resident permit is another problem.infact if you are not a business man, into runs or all this illegal stuff's nothing for you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Adex2442: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
SGANIVA:
yes China , getting a job in China is hell and extension of Visa or getting a resident permit is another problem.infact if you are not a business man, into runs or all this illegal stuff's nothing for you.

But things are very cheap in China right
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by SGANIVA(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
yes is very cheap , most things is cheap in China but if you are planning to live in China and be sending goods to Nigeria , make sure you have a capable hand that will be marketing your product for you . you can succeed very quick
Adex2442:

But things are very cheap in China right

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Onlinebar: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Vietnaminfo:
Once their are adequate and functional basic amenities, you will never regret anything. I was welcomed by winter cold the month I landed and I was like disappearing to appear in Nigeria. It wasn't funny but I got used to it. One thing I need to educate us is to prepare yourself before travelling out. Get aquintented with a good skill and God by your side, you will have cause to be stable. No country is bad except you lack some demanding skills. If you are not into Medical line, toe the line of IT and you wouldn't regret it.
How easy is it to start all over again over there......I have a degree in a shitty course...how do I get to US and get into medical line?
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by GallantDuke(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Let me travel first then I will comment

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by lymelyte(m): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Advice to anyone who intends to travel is to seek for Divine Guidance so that you won't be in USA , Australia or Europe and the Guy under the bridge in Ojota is living better than you...

you that is nigeria and a nigerian, did you get any single help from the govt?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by lymelyte(m): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2020
peppermint7:
That one is your problem.
Atleast let me be regretting in a better place. Imagine staying in Nigeria and regretting why you never went abroad.
that will be the biggest regret of all. Waking up everyday in Nigeria is a nightmare.. Everywhere you turn to offline and online is bad news.. Imagine the effect it does to the mind..

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by lymelyte(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2020
BigDawsNet:

So pay tax
Pay parking space
Pay insurance
Go to movies
Get a dog
Blend with the winter

awesome. The best things in life are truly free.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by peppermint7(m): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2020
lymelyte:
that will be the biggest regret of all. Waking up everyday in Nigeria is a nightmare.. Everywhere you turn to offline and online is bad news.. Imagine the effect it does to the mind..
U sabi sontin
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2020
I've lived outside Nigeria and those years has taught that Nigeria is a nice place to stay if you are lucky to earn good income.

At some point, you'll miss home. But then again, there are some things that you never wanna come back to.

I wish we had constant electricity and good roads.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Vietnaminfo(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2020
Onlinebar:
How easy is it to start all over again over there......I have a degree in a shitty course...how do I get to US and get into medical line?

I don't have knowledge about on how you can transit. You can check schools online with the least tuition cost. If you studied shitty course like you said, try to upgrade your career line to meet up with the time you spent studying. I studied a course that has nothing to impact this 21st century but I had to make a switch of career into IT.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Onlinebar: 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
Vietnaminfo:

I don't have knowledge about on how you can transit. You can check schools online with the least tuition cost. If you studied shitty course like you said, try to upgrade your career line to meet up with the time you spent studying. I studied a course that has nothing to impact this 21st century but I had to make a switch of career into IT.
sorry for another question.....but when switching, did you go for another Bsc in IT or how was your route?
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Vietnaminfo(m): 10:45am On Nov 09, 2020
Onlinebar:
sorry for another question.....but when switching, did you go for another Bsc in IT or how was your route?

I didn't go for any Bsc in IT rather , I took to IT certication courses and training.
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

so how do people seek divine guidance? Is it by asking you pastors for direction? As long as a decision is made by a man and he decides to take full responsibility for any outcome , his direction is divine.
Re: Have You Ever Relocated Abroad And Start Regretting It When You Get There by RuggedSniper: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
lekki1444:
So have you ever travelled and moved to the abroad and further down the line start regretting your decisions ? for many reasons such as

7-ahhh which kind of rent is this now ? so you want me to pay 4 million naira equivalent in rent per year ? shocked shocked in naija my rent was 500,000 a year na cry cry if i pay 4 million naira for rent in naija na banana island i go dey live with davido and them celebs but you want me to give you 4 million naira for this rundown council estate where piss dey smell inside elevator ? oyinbo man make you fear GOD oooo shocked cry cry

grin... Reality bites.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather / Which Country Can I Travel To For Child Birth? / UJJUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.