Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather (2502 Views)

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? / Man Pulled Over For Riding Unclad As Record-breaking Hot Weather Hits Europe / Woman Hair Frozen By Extreme Cold Weather In US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by frank33(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2020
Hello. I would love to move to Canada with my family but I am very worried about the cold weather.
I have been seriously thinking about moving but always get discouraged when I remember the weather.

Please Nigerians in Canada how bad is the cold over there?
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Ge0grapher(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
Canada is really cold..

Try Australia, New Zealand..since u like the heat...
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by dasparrow: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
frank33:
Hello. I would love to move to Canada with my family but I am very worried about the cold weather.
I have been seriously thinking about moving but always get discouraged when I remember the weather.

Canada gets really cold in the winter. If you don't like the cold, stay in Africa or move to the Caribbean. Even white people from the United States and Canada run away from their homelands during the winter months and go to the Caribbean, South and Central America to escape the cold weather. They call them "snow birds."

1 Like

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
[quote author=frank33 post=94009099]Hello. I would love to move to Canada with my family but I am very worried about the cold weather.

Please Nigerians in Canada how bad is the cold over there?[/quote Na tshirt and shorts you go wear abi.
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
You dress for the weather. There's never a bad weather and what we have is a bad dressing.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Cousin9999: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
You're not going to live in the wilderness, and it's not Alaska. Wear layers and a jacket. You'll be fine. No one likes cold weather really, but there's trade-offs. You need to examine what's important to you.

You also need to consider what kind of lifestyle you'll have in Canada (money, quality of life, opportunities, comfortable living, etc). If you'll be struggling in Canada, don't bother.

Weather is a valid concern, but some things are far more important. Central America has sunny weather, and it's also controlled by violent gangs. The Middle east is sunny too, and it's the capital of human trafficking. The American south is sunny, and it's full of poverty and ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Jayrockk: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2020
You need thick sweaters and jackets, coffee, vodka, weed, pussy and you're good to go wink

3 Likes

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by abike12(f): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
are you not worried about the insecurity and instability in Nigeria? nothing ventured, nothing gained...
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
frank33:

Of everything to be worried about, na cold you see

Are you even sure you have ever had the thought of traveling?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by KendrickAyomide: 5:11am On Sep 18, 2020
Canada cold die. If you know your body can't stand cold , don't bother to come. No amount of clothes can save you.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by frank33(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
Canada cold die. If you know your body can't stand cold , don't bother to come. No amount of clothes can save you.

My thoughts exactly. Do you live in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Cousin9999: 6:53am On Sep 18, 2020
KendrickAyomide:

lol
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by ThatCEO: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2020
not everywhere is cold. Google british columbia province.
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by KendrickAyomide: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2020
frank33:

My thoughts exactly. Do you live in Canada?
no. Got family there.
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by KendrickAyomide: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2020
ThatCEO:
exactly. The Rain there no be small sha.
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by youngRx(m): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
Op have you ever heard of Adaptation before??

the body adapts.

it is still that same Canada you see people wearing bumshorts in weather as cold as 18 degrees.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Richdee1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
This one is worried about cold weather��� Hadampson should we tell him?? If you think Canada is too cold, please stay back in Nigeria. Bruuuuuuh!!��
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by jizzyjordan: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
grin
Richdee1:
This one is worried about cold weather���
Hadampson should we tell him??
If you think Canada is too cold, please stay back in Nigeria.
Bruuuuuuh!!��
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Hadampson(m): 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Richdee1:
This one is worried about cold weather���
Hadampson should we tell him??
If you think Canada is too cold, please stay back in Nigeria.
Bruuuuuuh!!��
Chai see as someone wan miss a golden opportunity because of an ordinary weather. Well, Yoruba people don talk am, dem talk say ẹ́ni tó lórí kò ní fìlà, ẹni tó ní fìlà kò lórí, ẹni tó lórí tó ní fìlà, kò rí òde dée lọ which means the person with a head has no cap, the one with a cap has no head, and the person with both head and cap had no where to go with them. That is, different strokes for different folks.

If I'm given such opportunity, I wouldn't waste it because of an ordinary weather oh smiley

OP, we know Canada is extremely cold but there are some provinces that aren't that cold during winter season. A good example is British Columbia province. You can stay there when you arrive in Canada. I wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Hadampson(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
ThatCEO:

On point
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by eagleeye2: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
Will you advise someone with a health challenges like sickle cell to relocate to Canada. Because cold is one the scariest thing a sickler fears most.
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by KendrickAyomide: 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
eagleeye2:

Will you advise someone with a health challenges like sickle cell to relocate to Canada. Because cold is one the scariest thing a sickler fears most.
don't even try it.

1 Like

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Cousin9999: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hadampson:
Chai see as someone wan miss a golden opportunity because of an ordinary weather. Well, Yoruba people don talk am, dem talk say ẹ́ni tó lórí kò ní fìlà, ẹni tó ní fìlà kò lórí, ẹni tó lórí tó ní fìlà, kò rí òde dée lọ which means the person with a head has no cap, the one with a cap has no head, and the person with both head and cap had no where to go with them. That is, different strokes for different folks.

If I'm given such opportunity, I wouldn't waste it because of an ordinary weather oh smiley

OP, we know Canada is extremely cold but there are some provinces that aren't that cold during winter season. A good example is British Columbia province. You can stay there when you arrive in Canada. I wish you good luck

British Columbia is full of asians. It's definitely not the part of Canada you want to go, at least when you're not established. Once you're set up, then you can consider it, but I can't imagine any black person wanting to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Hadampson(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Cousin9999:

British Columbia is full of asians. It's definitely not the part of Canada you want to go, at least when you're not established. Once you're set up, then you can consider it, but I can't imagine any black person wanting to do that.

Medlabgirl disagree with you tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/472150/coming-canada-choose-british-columbia
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Cousin9999: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hadampson:

Medlabgirl disagree with you tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/472150/coming-canada-choose-british-columbia

Anyone who does that knowing it's overflowing with racist asians... good luck
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 21, 2020
Cousin9999:

Anyone who does that knowing it's overflowing with racist asians... good luck

you just stay in your little room somewhere in Nigeria making useless assertions.
Re: Want To Move To Canada But Worried About The Cold Weather by 3nity7: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2022
frank33:

so what did you do? Are you in Canada now

(1) (Reply)

I Need A True Connect To New Zealand / Nice Hotels Or Guest Houses In Calabar? / Please I Want To Know How Deep The Pools In Four Points Hotel And Eko Hotel Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.