Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa (4005 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures / N5Bn Covenant University Research Center In Pictures / David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
Early this year, during at least three presidential campaign appearances, Biden said he was arrested as he tried to visit Nelson Mandela in prison. As a young senator, Biden had visited South Africa during apartheid - a system of racial segregation which began in the 1940s and ended in the early 1990s. Biden was a vocal campaigner against apartheid.

This day, 30 years ago, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison and entered into discussions about apartheid. I had the great honor of meeting him. I had the great honor of being arrested with our U.N. ambassador on the streets of Soweto trying to get to see him on Robbens Island (Cape Town)"

While Biden kept mentioning it during his campaign, this “fact” was something that had never come up before when he spoke about South Africa.

In March 2020, after much backlash over the story, Biden finally came out with the truth. He wasn’t arrested while trying to visit Mandela. He was held up at the airport for refusing to use a whites-only entrance upon his arrival in South Africa. Biden said:

“They would not let me move anywhere. I guess I should’ve said I was detained; I was not able to move forward.”

However, with Biden now set to assume power in the US, South Africa is bracing itself for having a friend and ally in the White House. The Trump administration had failed to warm up to SA and Africa, in general.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
MANDELA PRISON CELL

2 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by TossTos: 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2020
We now have
President of all American
And African

That is what democracy is all about .

Unlike the one that belongs to nobody

10 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Karlifate: 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2020
How time flies.

Do good, be kind.
Nature will find a way to pay you back.

12 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
TossTos:
We now have
And African

Indeed, the last 4 years were traumatic cry, and he's gonna inflict more trauma til January when he's forced out of the White House kicking & screaming.

5 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
Karlifate:
How time flies.

Do good, be kind. Nature will find a way to pay you back.

I agree. cool And it's also 3rd time lucky at a shot at the US presidency.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Raydos: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Africa continent sha!!
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2020
Raydos:
Africa continent sha!!

What now
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by WoeBetide666: 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
Who will visit Sowerey and Namadi Kano?
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Vyzz: 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
They still don't give a shit about us....

Not Trump not Biden...

Let's stop acting like uncle Tom

2 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by femi4: 1:43am On Nov 09, 2020
A befitting president at last not twitter warrior and fake news master

1 Like

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 09, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Indeed, the last 4 years were traumatic cry, and he's gonna inflict more trauma til January when he's forced out of the White House kicking & screaming.

for a minute i thought you were referring to BUHARI
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by ebenezer202l(f): 3:15am On Nov 09, 2020
[s]
YEBOmadiba:

[/s] Will you shut up.
Dumb fellow.

2 Likes

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by GeezBitz(m): 6:56am On Nov 09, 2020
Congratulations to him.
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Ahumanbeing: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2020
South Africa doesn't deserve goodness, it might come to them through luck or privilege
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by KLEINBASS: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2020
Ahumanbeing:
South Africa doesn't deserve goodness, it might come to them through luck or privilege

So Nigeria deserves goodness while it's citizens run all over to be barbarians in other countries. South Africa ans pride in their own and will never go to another country to beg to be treated like humans.

1 Like

Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by 4t4th(m): 9:00am On Nov 09, 2020
That's why we want Biden, But unfortunately some nigerian prefer that stewpid racist.

I still don't understand why they can't, simply, use their sense.
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by TecM0: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2020
Biden is a great guy, he has his heart in the right place
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2020
TossTos:
We now have
And African

Sai Mama.

Cc lzaa CilicMarin
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Shortyy(f): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2020
Lol
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by utenwuson: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2020
genius123:
Meanwhile,
Get your day and night window blinds for 7500
your whatsapp number please
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by bigjackass: 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
How nice of him.
We watch...
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 1:00am On Nov 10, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

for a minute i thought you were referring to BUHARI

grin grin grin
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 1:01am On Nov 10, 2020
ebenezer202l:
[s][/s] Will you shut up.
Dumb fellow.

My guy WON & your's LOST... So, tongue tongue tongue
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by YEBOmadiba: 1:05am On Nov 10, 2020
KLEINBASS:

So Nigeria deserves goodness while it's citizens run all over to be barbarians in other countries. South Africa ans pride in their own and will never go to another country to beg to be treated like humans.

I'm gonna ignore ANTI-SA comments from now on. cool
Re: IN PICTURES: USA President-elect Joe Biden And South Africa by Ahumanbeing: 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
[s]
KLEINBASS:

[/s]
Your opinion is useless to me, boy.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun To Reduce The Number Of Tertiary Institutions / Drop Your Course And Let See Which Course Is Most Studied / To All Federal Institution Students; What You Want To Know About "Remita"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.