Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation (36965 Views)

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) / Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by jaybenugo: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool Two Weeks To Graduation (Graphic Photo)

A final year law student of the Delta State University (DELSU) Oleh campus, identified as Tenumah Jeffery Omatseyi, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool.

IgbereTV gathered that the incident occurred on Friday, November 6, at Graceland Hotel in Irri, Isoko South Local Government Area of the state.

The deceased who hailed from Warri, was set to graduate in two weeks. A photo posted online shows blood stains all over his body.

Confirming the incident, President of Student Union Government of DELSU Oleh campus, Innocent, demanded investigation into the death of their colleague, adding that statements made by the hotel management and the police are conflicting.

"We want to know how our colleague died. Jeffery is to graduate in a few weeks’ time but suddenly lost his life in a hotel swimming pool. All students should stay away from that hotel." he said.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, who confirmed the incident on Monday, November 9, said the student was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed death by a doctor.

"Yes, a young boy , who they later found out to be a student, died at the swimming pool. They said he came to swim and unfortunately drowned in the pool . By the time he was rushed to a hospital, doctor confirmed him dead." said the PPRO.

Meanwhile, friends, classmates and colleagues have taken to Facebook to mourn his death. In his tribute, Edafeyivwotu Famous Onoriode, said he had been eagerly looking forward to congratulating on his graduation after 9 years of toiling. Edafeyivwotu wrote:

"Jephizzy Pere-Owei like you always said "DEATH IS A DEBT OWED FOR LIFE IS BORROWED" You left too early. I've been struck in unfathtomable awe as to how and why you left so so soon my brother my friend. I'm supposed to write a congratulatory post for you next two weeks upon your graduation as a law student after 9 years of toiling and struggling same way I did on your birthday October 26th this year. Tenumah Omatseye Jeffrey you left too early. Jeff your sun rose too early. How do you expect your mum, Jennifer and the host of us you left behind without a notice to cope? Jephizzy if it's possible please come back if not sit majestically at the right hand side of God D Father till the Resurrection morning when we shall meet to part no more.

Tenumah Jeffrey Omatseye

AKPOKEDOFA!!!"
https://www.facebook.com/100044556586617/posts/205506154277936/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1370992/delsu-final-year-law-student-drowns-hotel-swimming-pool-two-weeks-graduation-graphic-photo/

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by jaybenugo: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
More

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by EricSmallz(m): 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Did Shark bite him? I thought you said he drowned? Why the blood?
Rest In Peace Bro

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Mindlog: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
Sad. If he drowned in a swimming pool and not even a river, why the blood?

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by HAPPINESSSS(f): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

INDEED NO ONE CAN PREDICT WHEN THEY WILL DIE,

JUST BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE WHILE ALIVE AND HELP THE NEEDY TOO.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by decuteGenius: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
Drowning and blood don't go together!!

anyways, RIP

A reminder that we will all die one day so live your life to the fullest and for a just cause coz after death, there's nothing left of you in this World(including vanity crew members)

All the guys that believe in some after life in whatsoever religion. Don't be afraid to live a life that will reap a good afterlife and remember this moniker in your next life

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by UniqueConcept49(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
Very terrible experience. I pray that God rest his soul embarassed

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
Village ppl

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by WandaMaximoff: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
When village people mean you ehn.

But is ASUU not on strike?

From that red beret, you can conclude on what must have happened.

Drowning fire.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Emekuslala1: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Rip

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Uzomacharles: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
RIP BRO

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Desertb: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Damn, so sad..may we never die young. Amen

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Badgers14: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Looks like he was killed prior to throwing him in the pool.

All those bloods all over his body, was he swimming with sharks?

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by satchinonso(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Its looks like he was injured

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by tommykiwi(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Rip
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by tarantino1: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
RIP man

This habit of posting dead bodies on FP has to stop.

Blogger wey post news and mod wey post am for FP, if na your papa, mama, or blood relative die, na like this you for post the pictures.

Smh

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Very Sad...
Very very Sad...
That's the Vanity of Life..
All the yrs of study and all that Gone...
Brothers and Sisters, in all our Pursuit let's Ensure we have Genuinely Surrendered to JESUS CHRIST. That's all that Counts ..

May God Comfort His Family..

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Juliusmomoh: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
Over enjoyment kill's ...
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by kinkybabie11(f): 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
They said he died in a swimming pool so I don’t understand why there’re blood stains and injuries all over abi I don’t understand what I read?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
Piranha dey the pool?

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by tot(f): 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
Why don't Nigerians have any decorum, why post the picture of his corpse?

In normal societies, the first thing done is to respectfully cover up the dead but Nigerians will snap picture and quickly post online. Very inappropriate and wrong.

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by cooltola(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
RIP, It seems that majority of Nigerians do not know how to swim. The only Nigerians that can swim are the one that live near the river, lagoon or Atlantic ocean or grew up with swimming pool. Swimming classes need to be popular and affordable. Anyone wey get business sense can offer classes if they do know how to swim very well.

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by omoadeleye(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
R.I.P man

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by DMerciful(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
Quite unfortunate! Stay away from water if they're no lifeguards around
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by leisuretym: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
People think all those who die in the pool doesn't know how to swim , so wrong! Any accident can lead to drowning , e.g hitting your head on the tile down in the pool can make one unconscious and drown .
You must learn how to position your body from head to toe when diving in the pool and how to hide your head inbetween your arms

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by jaxxy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
Like I said things are never black and white in this country even when the truth is staring at us in the face instead we paint it gray. How can u say this guy drowned only even the authorities? undecided

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Johnson225(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2020
Nigga was murdered and dumped in the pool.the blood stains justifies my assertion

22 Likes

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by lekki1444: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2020
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Omezif(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2020
Demising in this time of his graduation is quite irritating esspecially his parent, may God rest his soul in peace and grant his family relatives the fortitude to bear the lost.
Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Oharina(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
You say? How can someone that drowned in pool have blood stains like he was stapped? An autopsy should be carried out on the corpse to accertain the cause of his death. RIP man...

Re: DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation by Liposure: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
Village people

Help!! How Do I Get Rid Of These Spots On My Knees? / Insect Inside My Ear Please Help / I Dont Understand This Feeling Please, I've Never Felt This Way Before.