Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia (72393 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Pilgrims are flooding to pray for protection from Covid-19 at the foot of a water stain they believe is a representation of the Virgin Mary.

The "miracle" mark was first spotted on the wall of a car park outside a bakers in Bogota, Colombia, by a security guard doing his rounds.

It has now been transformed into a makeshift shrine - complete with flowers and candles - by locals desperate for help during the pandemic.

Bakery worker Lorena told the newspaper Noticentro: “Every day, between 50 and 60 people come here.

"Before buying something they visit the spot and pray, and somehow it is really important for them and us.”

She added that they believe it is a “miraculous figure” and not something created randomly by humidity as others are saying.

Lorena said that “it could not have been from a leak” and rejected claims it was wall damage insisting “it is a miraculous image”.

She added that no one at the bakers has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and therefore the Virgin Mary stain must be protecting them.

She said “that is exactly what most people pray for” adding that most devotees pray that they stay safe from the killer virus.

Colombia reported 7,612 new infections on Tuesday, bringing the total number of cases to 1.16m which includes 33,148 deaths.

It's not the first time a "holy" stain has caused a storm in Colombia.

In 2017, worshippers flocked to see a patch of algae growing under a leaking pipe that the were convinced looked like Mary.
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13168273/virgin-mary-water-stain-colombia/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by DenreleDave(m): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
grin

Endtime Christians.....

Imagine worshipping Mary grin grin

Idol worshippers.......

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by donnie(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
What do you think the Virgin Mary they worship is?

She is Ishtar (Easter), the Babylonian goddess of sex and fertility.

She is "Queen of Heaven"

She is "Mother of god"

She is the Sun goddess

She is what Ibibios and Igbos call ISU AMA.

She is ISIS

She is Ashtoreth

She is Mammy Water

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by GoldenShowers(f): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Catholic and proud..........but

This people dey fall my hands undecided

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by internationalman(m): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
You mean shaped like a vagina

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by NwaNimo1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wait until African's hear this scam....

[img]https://media./images/c90d998ac94f5cd4ebed266173967294/tenor.gif[/img]

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by Gutiratty9(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Interesting
Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by letristian: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
My people perish coz they lack knowledge.
No one comes to the Father except through Christ

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by ebenezer202l(f): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Smh
Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by Petersamuel8(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
I know some Atheists and Muslims will want to fist on this where as they even do worse than this on a daily

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by WealthyValue(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Religion

2 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by bolaayenimo: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
How can some foolish Christians still believe that Mary was a virgin after giving birth to other children aside Jesus

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by Golan007: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Why are people like this?

5 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mheen! Since there's a praying budget for Nigeria. Praying committee should be assigned to go and pray in Columbia too make Columbia virgin Mary help our country cry kiss cool grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by davillian(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
I laugh
Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by DeRuggedProf: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
J
Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by Orissodiq: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
I don't like putting my mouth into others people's believe just like d y i don't like people putting mouth to my belief as well.
Let me just sit down and grab popcorn

9 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by ebenezer202l(f): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
donnie:
What do you think the Virgin Mary they worship is?

She is Easter, the Babylonian goddess of sex and fertility.

She is "Queen of Heaven"

She is "Mother of god"

She is the Sun goddess

She is what Ibibios and Igbos call ISU AMA.

She is Mammy Water
I am Ibibio but I don't understand the shit you just put up there

30 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by Enudapan: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by okoIYAyin(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
And what's the difference between doing this and worshiping stone or wood. Hediots!!!

14 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by DrChukki: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Catholics not Christians

11 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by ElRapido: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
We need a new world.

1 Like

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by donnie(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
ebenezer202l:
I am Ibibio but I don't understand the shit you just put up there

And you're Catholic too right?

5 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by peacelife(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
Na wa oh.... Nonsense home and abroad

1 Like

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by WIZGUY69(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
Like Biafra, Like Colombia. grin

5 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by banmee(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
S.turpid people everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by ogaontop(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
Miraculous Blessed Virgin Mary - Pray for us!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
Point of correction!! ....Roman Catholics.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by DisLifeSha: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
Them don start again. I nor wan post heavy word. The person take over

2 Likes

Re: Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia by twosquare(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
angry angry tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman / Archaeologists Unearth 2,500-Year-Old Palace Dating Back To The Kings Of Judah / Sandra Ezekwesili: 'Prophet TB Joshua Did Much Damage, His Ministry Was Toxic'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.