Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,768 members, 7,855,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced (708 Views)

Margaret Loughrey Who Said £27million Win Destroyed Her Life Found Dead (Pix) / Americans Ridicule Trump As Biden Edges Closer To Victory (Pictures) / Melania Trump Pulls Her Hand Away From Donald Trump's As They Step Off Air Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by sunnybobonwa: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced To Do So.

The drama trailing the United States of America Presidential Election keeps getting intense and intense as new things keep unfolding each day. The election had seen the incumbent American President, Donald Trump defeated by his challenger, Joe Biden, a Democrat who served under the Barack Obama's administration as the Vice President.

President Trump would later allege that he had been rigged out because there were cases of electoral frauds, especially in many important states where the voters had used mail-in ballots. He subsequently threatened to challenge the result of the election at the highest court in the land, the United States Supreme Court.

In keeping with his promise, Mr Donald Trump had presented a Pennsylvania postal worker as his witness. Mr. Richard Hopkins had said that last week, he was told to collect late mail-in ballots, and that he overheard his supervisor, Erie postmaster Robert Weisenbach, talk about backdating them to make it appear that the late ballots were received on Nov. 3.

However, news later emerged that on being interrogated, he gave a false testimony as the House Oversight Committee tweeted Tuesday that Mr. Hopkins had “completely RECANTED his allegations of a supervisor tampering with mail-in ballots after being questioned by investigators,” citing the Office of Inspector General.

But the man in the eye of the storm has now said he stood by his initial words and that reports that he had withdrawn his initial statements are false, saying 'I feel like I just got played' by federal investigators.

“I am right at this very moment looking at an article written by the Washington Post. It says that I fabricated the allegations of ballot tampering,” Mr. Hopkins said in a video posted on Twitter. “I am here to say that I did not recant my statements. That did not happen. That is not what happened.”

The chief legal counsel of Project Veritas, Mr Jered Ede also accused the investigators of coercing Mr. Hopkins into signing an affidavit recanting his claims and that the investigators failed to give him access to his attorney, and also refused to provide him with a copy of the signed document.

“It was coerced,” Mr. Ede told the Washington Times. “They forced him to execute this watered-down lukewarm affidavit. They did so during an interrogation where again they denied him the opportunity to be represented by counsel even though he confirmed with them that he had counsel."

You will recall that President Donald Trump had alleged cases of illegal voting in Pennsylvania and this new development represents another strong line of defense and evidence for his legal team.

Does this represent a huge line of argument for the legal team of Donald Trump? Do you also believe that Donald Trump might be right after all? Let's hear from you via the comment section. Don't forget to like and share this article with other people in order to hear their opinions as well and kindly do follow this page for more quality updates.

1 Share

Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by Fabkimzzy1: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
Where is the link to this news abi na just Aba news?
Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by TossTos: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
False testimony indeed .
Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by HandmadeD: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
The out come in coming days and week will keep the world on its toe
Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Trump no be Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by WorkTheTalk(m): 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
I used to think election in the US cannot be compromised.
Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by dlaw70(m): 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
Even if you go handover,give them enough gbege first.
we know say u no be jona.
Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
sunnybobonwa:
In keeping with his promise, Mr Donald Trump had presented a Pennsylvania postal worker as his witness. Mr. Richard Hopkins had said that last week, he was told to collect late mail-in ballots, and that he overheard his supervisor, Erie postmaster Robert Weisenbach, talk about backdating them to make it appear that the late ballots were received on Nov. 3.

Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by punisha: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
You will not hear from me in the comment section o.
No be by force .
Re: Great News For Trump As Man Who Said He Gave False Testimony Says He Was Coerced by doggedfighter(f): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Not only coerced.

Mtchewwww

(1) (Reply)

Ahmad Massoud, Son Of Formal Defense Minster Leading Resistance Against Taliban / US Should Pay France For Loss Of Russian Gas – Le Pen / Meet India’s New Female President, Draupadi Murmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.