Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades (971 Views)

Two Tired Masquerades Hanging At The Back Of A Bus In Enugu / Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) / Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Austeen007(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
Growing up in Nigerian we often think that masquerades are just an African thing. We often think Europeans don't have such a tradition as we have in some parts of Africa.

To mention But few the Yoruba's have Egun Egun, The Igbo's have mmanwu, the Calabars have Ekpo, colloquially known amongst us Nigerians as "Ekpo Calabar."

But little did I know that Russians also have Masquerades that looks similar to the Egun Egun of the Yoruba people and Ekpo Calabar of the Calabar people.

Although, Russia is one of the Slavic countries that have done so well in preserving their traditions and cultural heritage. On the other hand, Russia is a technologically advanced country. No doubt you have heard about them being the first country in the world to successfully send an animal into space, also the first country to send the ist and first woman in space. And up until this day are still leading in the space industry and in aerodynamics.

Being such a country that is technologically advanced they still hold on to their traditions and cultural heritage and still celebrates them.

In fact, this shocked me the first time I masquerade in Kremlin Moscow at a time when Russia is celebrating the end of the winter season and the beginning of the spring season.

On that day decoration is made depicting the medieval times (OLDEN DAYS) when Russian was known as ''RUS, OR KIEVIAN RUS." Exhibition of the old good times, their Medieval military weapons, swords, Canons, Guns, Military uniforms, Village style depiction of how the medieval Russians lived. Also in the exhibition are artifacts, little kids come to see what it was like at that time.

But one thing that Knocked me off my fit was the masquerades similar to Egun Egun and Ekpo Calabar Or Okornko in some part of Igbo land.

This created more fun and felt at home being the kind of person that loves watching masquerades while I was in Nigeria.

As it stands now I'm planning to export our Egun Egun, Ekpo Calabar, and Okornko to Russia

ALSO READ IN FULL DETAILS: ONE CULTURAL EXPERIENCE THAT SURPRISED ME IN RUSSIA

1 Like

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Cation25(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by NLSavage: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
Copied from Africa.

@donnie
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by illicit(m): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thumbs up....
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by donnie(m): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
NLSavage:
Copied from Africa.

@donnie

Correct. Europeans got almost all their spirituality from Africa. The ones they stole and rebranded plus the ones migrating Hebrews (blacks) introduced to them.

Europe was first populated and even civilized by blacks ever before the cauccasians came out of the caves of caucasus mountains.

5 Likes

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by majamajic(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Their own gods like women , here the gods here no like see women around
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by slowice(m): 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wow
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Austeen007(m): 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
You're absolutely right.

But Russia is a civilization not just like other European countries. Russians had nothing to do with African ony of recent that they started trying to connect in doing business with Africans.

So what ever culture your see in Russia is their. Europeans don't see Russians as Europeans and Russians don't consider themselves as Europeans, but Eurasia being that it has a European part and an Asian part. Their culture is Slavic.

historivally the slavs nor kievian Rus or Russia never had contact with Africans until a certain time.

Although masquerades was influenced by old religion.

I think this should be a prove that humans are spiritually connected and we could possible have come from the same root and spread across the surface of the earth.

And Russia is considered a civilization just like Africa, India. And not like America and Britain.
donnie:
Europeans got almost all their Spirituality from Africa. The ones they stole and rebranded and the ones migrating Hebrews (blacks) introduced to them.

Europe was first populated and even civilized by blacks ever before the cauccasians came out of the caves of caucasus mountains.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Austeen007(m): 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
It was like that as I was told. But all those was abolished the masquerades is now for fun a'd dont chase people around or harm people.

If na for Nigeria which liver I get to go snap with masquerades. �
majamajic:
Their own gods like women , here the gods here no like see women around
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by donnie(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
Austeen007:
You're absolutely right.

But Russia is a civilization not just like other European countries. Russians had nothing to do with African ony of recent that they started trying to connect in doing business with Africans.

So what ever culture your see in Russia is their. Europeans don't see Russians as Europeans and Russians don't consider themselves as Europeans, but Eurasia being that it has a European part and an Asian part. Their culture is Slavic.

historivally the slavs nor kievian Rus or Russia never had contact with Africans until a certain time.

Although masquerades was influenced by old religion.

I think this should be a prove that humans are spiritually connected and we could possible have come from the same root and spread across the surface of the earth.

And Russia is considered a civilization just like Africa, India. And not like America and Britain.

All of Europe (Including Russia) was peopled and in fact civilized by Bantus (Isrealites) who journeyed there from the land of ISOLELE (ISRAEL) which is below the SARAH-HARAN (Sahara) desert on the continent which is today called Africa.

This is real history which the whites are not happy about and which they try to hide from our people. See Ancient Russian depictions of real Jews/ISOLELE/ISRAEL...

2 Likes

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Shortcut2life: 12:19am On Nov 12, 2020
Nice thread ...
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Austeen007(m): 12:23am On Nov 12, 2020
I don't love discussing religion for so many reasons. One in all is this argument who is the real Jew or not. I'm Nigerian bro.

Now coming to that Can you emphasize when Russia was first introduced to Christianity and by who? I have traveled to the Russian city where Christianity first came to Russia. I took pictures with the statue of the men that brought Christianity into Russia. The Orthodox type of Christianity which is still dominant in modern-day Russia.

I can still tell you That Russians never had any contact with Africans until a time when a Russian merchant has gifted a slave from West Africa. and this merchant in turn Brough this Slave to Russia and gave it to Peter the great and perter the great immediately freed him of his chains and adopted him as his son, sent him to a University in France to study engineering. After which he returned to Russia he was made a nobleman and a Russian Military Commander. You must have heard of Abraham Gannibal.

Russia is a Slavic Nation absolutely different in culture from other Europeans like Germany, France, Britain, Turkey, and co.

In all Medieval Russian history, there were any records of them having contacts with Africans or having stolen anything from Africa.

If you find any African Artifacts in Russian Museums in Perterbug, they bought it from Britain, Americans, and Arabs.

Russia is a civilization of its own "Slavic," and never necessarily civilized by the So-called "Bantu."

Africa is a civilization, India is a civilization, Russia is a civilization. But countries like America and Britain isn't considered an ancient civilization Just like Russia, India, and Africa extending to the middle east.

Yes, Africa may have influenced some parts of Spain and as claims had "When Africa Ruled Europe." in this case you'll hear historians talking about the "Mores."

But anyone can say any but facts and archeology are what can prove anyone's claims.

As for me, I'm not on the public bandwagon of those who cries Africans are the true Jews! Africans Are the true Jews!! OMO I NO DEY FOR THAT ALL I KNOW IS THAT I'M NIGERIAN FROM CROSS RIVER STATE.
donnie:

All of Europe (Including Russia) was peopled and in fact civilized by Bantus (Isrealites) who journeyed there from the land of ISOLELE (ISRAEL) which is below the SARAH-HARAN (Sahara) desert on the continent which is today called Africa.

This is real history which the whites are not happy about and which they try to hide from our people. See Ancient Russian depictions of real Jews/ISOLELE/ISRAEL...

1 Like

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by donnie(m): 1:04am On Nov 12, 2020
Austeen007:
I don't love discussing religion for so many reasons. One in all is this argument who is the real Jew or not. I'm Nigerian bro.

Now coming to that Can you emphasize when Russia was first introduced to Christianity and by who? I have traveled to the Russian city where Christianity first came to Russia. I took pictures with the statue of the men that brought Christianity into Russia. The Orthodox type of Christianity which is still dominant in modern-day Russia.

I can still tell you That Russians never had any contact with Africans until a time when a Russian merchant has gifted a slave from West Africa. and this merchant in turn Brough this Slave to Russia and gave it to Peter the great and perter the great immediately freed him of his chains and adopted him as his son, sent him to a University in France to study engineering. After which he returned to Russia he was made a nobleman and a Russian Military Commander. You must have heard of Abraham Gannibal.

Russia is a Slavic Nation absolutely different in culture from other Europeans like Germany, France, Britain, Turkey, and co.

In all Medieval Russian history, there were any records of them having contacts with Africans or having stolen anything from Africa.

If you find any African Artifacts in Russian Museums in Perterbug, they bought it from Britain, Americans, and Arabs.

Russia is a civilization of its own "Slavic," and never necessarily civilized by the So-called "Bantu."

Africa is a civilization, India is a civilization, Russia is a civilization. But countries like America and Britain isn't considered an ancient civilization Just like Russia, India, and Africa extending to the middle east.

Yes, Africa may have influenced some parts of Spain and as claims had "When Africa Ruled Europe." in this case you'll hear historians talking about the "Mores."

But anyone can say any but facts and archeology are what can prove anyone's claims.

As for me, I'm not on the public bandwagon of those who cries Africans are the true Jews! Africans Are the true Jews!! OMO I NO DEY FOR THAT ALL I KNOW IS THAT I'M NIGERIAN FROM CROSS RIVER STATE.

It depends on what period of history you're referring to. At the period I am speaking of... from before the Inquisition and Renneisance period, religion was everything. It was used to conquer and enslave nations. The Ottoman and Kazzarian empires which produced the modern white Arabs and Jews respectively originated from that region. Aboriginal Arabs and Jews are black people.

Till today we are still under Roman slavery. It began with religion, now they own our land and dictate our entire way of life.

And who do you think the Moors are? That's the code term used by modern historians to refer to those blacks (Arabs and Bantus/Isrealites) who conquered and civilized all (not just some parts) of Europe.

There really is nothing like "African Jews" because real Hebrews/Jews are Bantus/Negroes and not white. And we're not crying to nobody. Only the ignorant do such. I am calling my people to awake to their identity and REPENT as ISOLELE (ISRAEL) before greater judgements fall... the judgements have begun already.

It's okay if you're not interested... But you have heard me so that when you don't have answers for the things you see going forward, you will remember my sayings. That's all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Austeen007(m): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2020
NOW YOU SAID WHAT I'D AGREE TO. HISTORY HAS TO DO WITH TIMELINE. BUT IN THE RUSSIAN HISTORY THEY NEVER HAD ANY CONTACTS WITH AFRICAN UNTILL A S+CERTAIN TIME. AND RELIGION WAS BROUGHT TO THEM NOT BY AFRICANS>

BUT THE IMAGE YOU SHOW DICPICTS JEWS ARE BROWN OR DARK SKINNED.

SO BEFORE RELIGION WAS BROUGHT TO THEM, THEY ALSO PRACTICED MASQUERADING, sorcery, and old Slavic religion.
MY BROTHER MAKE WE STOP ALL THESE THINGS THAT WE WASTE OUR TIME THINKING AFRICANS THOUGHT THE WHITE PEOPLE ALL THEY KNOW. HUMANS HAVE BRAINS THEY CAN THINK AND CREATE.

IN CHINA THEY ALSO HAVE TYPICAL MASQUERADES SHALL WE SAY THYE COIPID IT FROM AFRICA? CHINA IS ALSO AN ANCIENT CIVILIZATION. WITH THEIR OWN CULTURES.

SO WHEN PEOPLES CULTURE LOOKS SIMILAR TO OURS DOESn'T NECESSARILY MEAN IT WAS TAKEN OR COPIED FROM AFRICA.

donnie:

It depends on what period of history you're referring to. At the period I am speaking of... from before the Inquisition and Renneisance period, religion was everything. It was used to conquer and enslave nations. The Ottoman and Kazzarian empires which produced the modern white Arabs and Jews respectively originated from that region. Aboriginal Arabs and Jews are black people.

Till today we are still under Roman slavery. It began with religion, now they own our land and dictate our entire way of life.

And who do you think the Moors are? That's the code term used by modern historians to refer to those blacks (Arabs and Bantus/Isrealites) who conquered and civilized all (not just some parts) of Europe.

There really is nothing like "African Jews" because real Hebrews/Jews are Bantus/Negroes and not white. And we're not crying to nobody. Only the ignorant do such. I am calling my people to awake to their identity and REPENT as ISOLELE (ISRAEL) before greater judgements fall... the judgements have begun already.

It's okay if you're not interested... But you have heard me so that when you don't have answers for the things you see going forward, you will remember my sayings. That's all.
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by donnie(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Austeen007:
NOW YOU SAID WHAT I'D AGREE TO. HISTORY HAS TO DO WITH TIMELINE. BUT IN THE RUSSIAN HISTORY THEY NEVER HAD ANY CONTACTS WITH AFRICAN UNTILL A S+CERTAIN TIME. AND RELIGION WAS BROUGHT TO THEM NOT BY AFRICANS>

BUT THE IMAGE YOU SHOW DICPICTS JEWS ARE BROWN OR DARK SKINNED.

The so-called Jews originated from where you will call sub Sarah-Haran (Sahara) Africa today.

Austeen007:
SO BEFORE RELIGION WAS BROUGHT TO THEM, THEY ALSO PRACTICED MASQUERADING, sorcery, and old Slavic religion.
MY BROTHER MAKE WE STOP ALL THESE THINGS THAT WE WASTE OUR TIME THINKING AFRICANS THOUGHT THE WHITE PEOPLE ALL THEY KNOW. HUMANS HAVE BRAINS THEY CAN THINK AND CREATE.

IN CHINA THEY ALSO HAVE TYPICAL MASQUERADES SHALL WE SAY THYE COIPID IT FROM AFRICA? CHINA IS ALSO AN ANCIENT CIVILIZATION. WITH THEIR OWN CULTURES.

True, Bantus often borrowed pagan cultures from other nations, Especially Babylon (Kushites/Ethiopian&Sudan).

Austeen007:
SO WHEN PEOPLES CULTURE LOOKS SIMILAR TO OURS DOESn'T NECESSARILY MEAN IT WAS TAKEN OR COPIED FROM AFRICA.

donnie:

Correct. Europeans got almost all their spirituality from Africa. The ones they stole and rebranded plus the ones migrating Hebrews (blacks) introduced to them.

KEYWORD= Almost

And in Ancient times, Bantus were not referred to as Africans. The Northern regions: the Kushites (Ethiopia/Sudan/Ancient Babylon), Khamata/Egyptians (Beja, Somalians), Phut (Lybia) and Cananites (Sans, Pygmies) were the Africans.

Bantus with their rich civilization, customs, laws etc were envied the most. They occupied the regions below the Sarah-Haran (Sahara) desert. They were known as the people of YAH.

1 Like

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Vexedkid(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nothing concern local man with all that arguments y'all are having above, na who chop dey talk tori. All I know be say Jesu na carpenter and my papa self be carpenter so on the day of judgement my papa go yarn him friend and colleague (Jesu) make him reason him boy. Na who no get connection dey entire hell fire. Anyway make I go buy kpoli come back.

1 Like

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Austeen007(m): 12:05am On Nov 13, 2020
LOL, I will hand you a mic to a Stand-up comedy show. You knocked me into laughter LOL
Vexedkid:
Nothing concern local man with all that arguments y'all are having above, na who chop dey talk tori. All I know be say Jesu na carpenter and my papa self be carpenter so on the day of judgement my papa go yarn him friend and colleague (Jesu) make him reason him boy. Na who no get connection dey entire hell fire. Anyway make I go buy kpoli come back.
Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by naijadrivablog: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2020
cheesy Toochiphotos come and see Mmanwu.

1 Like

Re: Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Why are you guys arguing about who owns the egungun or not? Just enjoy the view and continue life. Inukwa. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wes Fees Payment / Is Port Harcourt More Dangerous Than Lagos, Nigeria? (video) / Goodnews: US Study Visa Surge For Nigerian Students To Begin November 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.